The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

The newest edition of the "Our Imperial Family" magazine features Prince Hisahito's birth with the Akishino family photo as the cover
http://www.fusosha.co.jp/imperial/index.htm

the english table of contents is at the bottom of the link above
magazine was released on Dec. 18, 2006.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Yes! I agree! At least a person who has some kindness in her heart! Yes, both of them looks lovely. I like them both. And I'm very happy that Japans people celebrates their Emperor's 73 Anniversary in such a nice way. So, Monarchy is alive and fresh in Japan, despite that some persons saids, God Thanks!

Vanesa.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Today is 12th birthday of Princess Kako!

Happy Birthday Princess Kako!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

The 2007 New Years Photos released of the Imperial Family

Photos and video released from Kunaicho

Very cute video of Mako, Aiko and Kako having fun and playing a game together

Nice to see how they interact with each other

Larger photos from Polfoto and Profimedia
Old 12-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Very nice video. Very nice family!!
Old 01-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Nobility

New Year meeting the diplomatic corps

Ann News Video http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ann/news/w...20070101130758

NHK News video http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/2007/01/0...101000049.html
Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Photo from JIJI press of the Imperial family entering the hall to greet government officials and diplomats on New Years day
Old 01-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

No photos of Masako? She's only on the video. Did she ever was in the line-up like Sayako or Kiko?

Lovely video mandyy!
Michiko is a lovely granny.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

I thought Masako was present at the New Year's meeting?

AND isn't Hishaito the cutest little thing! How adorable.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

Why would Masako get all dressed up to go to the New Year's Event, yet not be in the line-up? I know they are monitoring her activity level, but I find this bizarre. Unless I'm mistaken and she is there - I'm just looking at the photos as I can't access the videos.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse
Why would Masako get all dressed up to go to the New Year's Event, yet not be in the line-up? I know they are monitoring her activity level, but I find this bizarre. Unless I'm mistaken and she is there - I'm just looking at the photos as I can't access the videos.
This picture of her was posted in the Crown Naruhito and Masako Forum.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...-soci.view-001

I remember last year it was the same. She was seen in the Video coming or leaving in the car but was not in the line-up.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

A new tiara for Masako.
Until this time she has only one Diamond Tiara from her wedding which before wore Crown Princess Michiko.

The Diamond Halo Tiara wore few times Empress Michiko
http://www.mag-nolia.tmfweb.nl/Japan/Japan.htm#Tiara

Can anyone post larger photo of Kiko from this event?
I mean her tiara which she wore?
Old 01-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Majesty

Using her health as an excuse, the IHA uses whatever reason they like regarding the duties Masako can or cannot perform. I think they are only manipulating the actions of the Imperial family as part of their own agenda. All events seem contrived to enhance Kiko's position so it would appear as if she is the second lady of the Imperial family instead of Masako.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Using her health as an excuse, the IHA uses whatever reason they like regarding the duties Masako can or cannot perform. I think they are only manipulating the actions of the Imperial family as part of their own agenda. All events seem contrived to enhance Kiko's position so it would appear as if she is the second lady of the Imperial family instead of Masako.
It definitely appears to be that way. Its a shame...as both Kiko and Masako are great assets to the Imperial Family...in different ways.

I truly don't understand the purpose of her coming and not being in the line up...unless of course, she is participating in the banquet that the press has no access to.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Emperor Akihito leads Japan's New Year celebrations
..."I feel pleased to celebrate the New Year together with you," the 73-year-old monarch told the crowd.
"At the beginning of the year, I wish for the happiness of our nation and peace in the world," he added, as members of his family, including Empress Michiko and Crown Prince Naruhito, lined up along the glassed-in balcony of Chowa-Den (Hall of Lasting Peace).

Japan's Emperor Akihito, and Empress Michiko, appear on the balcony to receive New Year's greetings from well wishers at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2007. Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and other Imperial family members are accompanied.......Crown Princess Masako, a 43-year-old Harvard-educated former career diplomat, took part only in the morning sessions as she is still suffering from a stress-related disorder, linked to her struggle to adapt to life in the world's oldest monarchy....Princess Kiko, 40, was to skip two early afternoon appearances as she needed to nurse her newborn son, Prince Hisahito....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070102...r_070102055514

AP photos via Yahoo

Reuters via Yahoo

JIJI press photos

Photos from Polfoto and Profimedia

Photos from Getty images
Japanese Imperial Family Celebrates New Year

Photos from ANP

This year Princess Tsuguko of Takamado also appeared at these new year events as she turned 20 in March of 2006.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Aristocracy

Smile

Happy New Year and the best wishes for the Imperial Family in 2007.
Only pity no Sayako (former Princess Nori)on the picture together with her family.

Ropura
Old 01-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Question

Where is Sayako(former Princess Nori) and her husband Yoshiki Kuroda . I don't see her visited Her Imperial parents,for New Year greetings?

Ropura
Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropura
Where is Sayako(former Princess Nori) and her husband Yoshiki Kuroda . I don't see her visited Her Imperial parents,for New Year greetings?

Ropura

she don't is part of the imperial family any more, sure she visited her parents but in provate way, not official

masako look great, very recovered, the long hair is perfect for her
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Thanksss, Aiko isssssss very sweet.

Closed Thread

Tags
japanese imperial family, japanese royal family