Imperial Family of Japan: Current Events July 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Empress Michiko, Princess Kiko, Prince and Princess Hitachi, and Princess Hisako attended a concert today in the Imperial Palace, March 20, 2007.
Sayako Kuroda also attended the concert.
The performers were graduates of Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music and College of Music.

Photo from JIJI press

Video from NNN news, TBS news, and FNN news

The Empress will begin to recuperate at the Imperial Residence from the 21st until the 25th of March. She will then resume her duties on the 26th for 4 days during the King and Queen of Sweden's state visit to Japan. Then in the beginning of April, she will visit the Nasu Imperial Villa in Tochigi Prefecture for a few days with the Emperor.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
twoong said:
Hi!
Do you know any information about the Japanese prince who is now on tour in Southeast Asia?
He is Prince Hisahito's father,isn't he?
Is his baby with him in Southeast Asia?
Will he meet any royal families?
Which countries is he visiting?
Please tell me if you know.^^
Prince Akishino is currently in Thailand continuing his research on the domestication of chickens from their wild ancestor. He left Japan on March 14and will return to Tokyo on March 23. From what I read from the news, he is only visiting Thailand during this period.

Last edited:
Thank you,mandyy.
I didn't know he is not only a prince but a researcher.
What a marvelous dad.^^

fanletizia said:
Emperor Akihito, 2nd right, and Empress Michiko, right, walk to a crowd of guests during the Imperial Spring Party at the Akasaka Imperial Garden in Tokyo, Thursday, April 26, 2007. Other Imperial family members are from 3rd right, Crown Prince Naruhito, Princess Kiko, Prince Akishino, and Prince Hitachi.

Japan's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Thanks for the pictures.

Heres a interesting article on the late Emperor Showa.

Hirohito's shrine spat supported | The Japan Times Online

Princess Hisako (R) bows to Japanese Empress Michiko (L) upon her departure while Princess Kiko (2nd L) and Princess Hanako (2nd R) look on after the annual general meeting of the Japanese Red Cross Society in Tokyo 08 May 2007. The empress is also honorary president of the Red Cross

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Nice to see The Empress again. Unfortunately Masako wasn't there. I really want to see them together again.
BTW, why do they wear gloves on that event? Is there any special reason?

It is great to see and know the empress is going fine. There was a scare but I am happy she is better and she has a nice outfit on as well.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko depart for Europe at Tokyo International Airport May 21, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan. The royal tour to Europe will encompass visits to five different countries before returning on May 30.
Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko saw off the Emperor and the Empress.

Pictures:
Crown Prince Naruhito bows to the Emperor, as Crown Princess Masako, Prince Akishino watch
The Emperor, the Empress, Crown Prince Naruhito and Prince Akishino
The Emperor, the Empress, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako
Crown Princess Masako 1
Crown Princess Masako 2

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko depart for Europe at Tokyo International Airport May 21, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan. The royal tour to Europe will encompass visits to five different countries before returning on May 30.
Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko saw off the Emperor and the Empress.
Crown Princess Masako

doesnt she look good? she always seems to be very elegent & well put together. Its great to see her smiling. The empress's outfit is nice too

dazzling said:
doesnt she look good? she always seems to be very elegent & well put together. Its great to see her smiling. The empress's outfit is nice too

Yes, she does.
But then, Crown Princess Masako always looks wonderful, in my opinion. It's just good to see her so relaxed and peacful, with her beautiful smile back. :)

I think all 3 Royal Ladies looked good.

She looks great. With longer hair, she looks young and fresh. Love to see her smile. The Crown Prince also looks happy. Glad to see them together.

Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko greet Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko upon their return from Europe at Tokyo International Airport May 30, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan. The royal couple were on a 10-day trip in Europe.

Pictures:
Naruhito, Masako, Akishino and Kiko
Naruhito, Masako, Akishino and Kiko 2
The Emperor and Empress arrive at Tokyo International Airport

Gallery of Pictures from Getty

Crown Princess Masako looks amazing, so young and happy! :)
Princess Kiko and the Empress look lovely too. :)

Last edited:
1 more photos from JIJI press welcoming the Emperor and Empress at the airport on May 30, 2007.

Video from FNN news

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Crown Princess Masako looks amazing, so young and happy! :) Princess Kiko and the Empress look lovely too. :)

I agree! OMG, Masako looks exactly like in the 90s when she first married Naruhito! I hope that means she is really getting better......:flowers:

Yes. Princess Masako looks lovely and very regal. It's easy to say she is better. Her husband looks very well too, even if he has some health troubles. Princess Kiko appears in excellent condition too. Then...why does not Prince Akishino wants to match his charming Imperial family, and changes his ugly hairdoss???!!! (So sorry to say that, Your Imperial Highness!!!) :tonks: :innocent:

Vanesa.:ROFLMAO:

The newest (Summer) edition of the "Our Imperial Family" magazine was released on June 10, 2007.

Here is a link to the photo of the cover and translation of the Table of contents in the lower portion of the page

This edition focus on the Emperor and Empress' state visit to Sweden,
http://www.fusosha.co.jp/imperial/index.htm

Last edited:
Interesting article susan.

This remark made me wonder...

Tomohito said his dependency worsened in recent years because of family problems and stress from a controversy about whether the imperial succession law should be changed to allow a female emperor.

was the Prince afraid he himself had to take care of male offspring? He was very eager on imperial concubines as far as I can remember ;)

Oh, well, that's all right, then - another thing we can blame Masako for.

Good grief. He's far enough down the line of succession that this should have been irrelevant to him.

Japanese Emperor Akihito, center, and Empress Michiko, followed by their sons Crown Prince Naruhito, left, and Prince Akishino, walk down a hill to greet guests at the autumn garden party in Tokyo Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007.

Pic from AP via Yahoo

Pic from JIJI press

Vietnam's President Nguyen Minh Triet with his wife Chi, Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko stands on a podium while Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko, Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda and his wife Kiyoko attend a welcoming ceremony at the East Garden of the Imperial Palace November 26, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan. Triet is on a five-day visit to Japan.

Photos from AP and Reuters via Yahoo

Japan's Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko, waves to well-wishers through the bulletproof glass of a balcony at Imperial Palace in Tokyo during his public appearance Sunday, Dec. 23, 2007, marking his 74th birthday.

Photos from AP and Reuters via Yahoo

Photo from JIJI press
Pic of Masako and Naruhito from sankei news
Princess Kiko didn't attend the public appearance at the balcony because she is on her recovery at home with a soar left arm.

Video from ANN news

Last edited:
In this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency of Japan, Japanese Emperor Akihito, seated fourth from left, and Empress Michiko, seated fourth from right, pose with their family members for an official photo for the new year at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo Friday, Dec. 14, 2007. Other members are: Crown Prince Naruhito, seated third from left, Crown Princess Masako, left, and their daughter Princess Aiko, second from left, Prince Akishino, seated third from right, his wife, Princess Kiko, right, holding their son, Prince Hisahito, and their two daughters, Princess Mako, standing left, and Princess Kako.

Photos and VIDEO released by Kunaicho
Large versions from Polfoto but w/ watermarks

ENJOY!!!!!

Whouw, both Masako and Aiko have such long hair I almost didn´t identify them!

Japan's Emperor Akihito, third from left, waves to flag-waving well-wishers as he and imperial family appear on the balcony of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo during an annual New Year's public appearance Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2008. Others from left: Crown Princess Masako, Crown Prince Naruhito, Akihito, Empress Michiko, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko.

Photos from Reuters and AP via Yahoo

Japan's Emperor Akihito greets New Year crowds
Servihoo.com : Channels - Kinews ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom