Imperial Family of Japan: Current Events July 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newest edition of the "Our Imperial Family" magazine features Prince Hisahito's birth with the Akishino family photo as the cover
http://www.fusosha.co.jp/imperial/index.htm

the english table of contents is at the bottom of the link above
magazine was released on Dec. 18, 2006.

Yes! I agree! At least a person who has some kindness in her heart! Yes, both of them looks lovely. I like them both. :flowers: And I'm very happy that Japans people celebrates their Emperor's 73 Anniversary in such a nice way. So, Monarchy is alive and fresh in Japan, despite that some persons saids, God Thanks!

Vanesa.

Today is 12th birthday of Princess Kako!

Happy Birthday Princess Kako!

The 2007 New Years Photos released of the Imperial Family

Photos and video released from Kunaicho

Very cute video of Mako, Aiko and Kako having fun and playing a game together

Nice to see how they interact with each other:lol:

Larger photos from Polfoto and Profimedia

Last edited:
New Year meeting the diplomatic corps

20070101-170101007-3.jpg

Ann News Video http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ann/news/web/soci_news4.html?now=20070101130758

20070101000049002.jpg

NHK News video http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/2007/01/01/k20070101000049.html

Last edited:
Photo from JIJI press of the Imperial family entering the hall to greet government officials and diplomats on New Years day

No photos of Masako? She's only on the video. Did she ever was in the line-up like Sayako or Kiko?

Lovely video mandyy!
Michiko is a lovely granny.

Last edited:
I thought Masako was present at the New Year's meeting?

AND isn't Hishaito the cutest little thing! How adorable.

Why would Masako get all dressed up to go to the New Year's Event, yet not be in the line-up? I know they are monitoring her activity level, but I find this bizarre. Unless I'm mistaken and she is there - I'm just looking at the photos as I can't access the videos.

laduchesse said:
Why would Masako get all dressed up to go to the New Year's Event, yet not be in the line-up? I know they are monitoring her activity level, but I find this bizarre. Unless I'm mistaken and she is there - I'm just looking at the photos as I can't access the videos.

This picture of her was posted in the Crown Naruhito and Masako Forum.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20070101-04931031-jijp-soci.view-001

I remember last year it was the same. She was seen in the Video coming or leaving in the car but was not in the line-up.

A new tiara for Masako.
Until this time she has only one Diamond Tiara from her wedding which before wore Crown Princess Michiko.

The Diamond Halo Tiara wore few times Empress Michiko
http://www.mag-nolia.tmfweb.nl/Japan/Japan.htm#Tiara

Can anyone post larger photo of Kiko from this event?
I mean her tiara which she wore?

Last edited:
Using her health as an excuse, the IHA uses whatever reason they like regarding the duties Masako can or cannot perform. I think they are only manipulating the actions of the Imperial family as part of their own agenda. All events seem contrived to enhance Kiko's position so it would appear as if she is the second lady of the Imperial family instead of Masako.

Mandy said:
Using her health as an excuse, the IHA uses whatever reason they like regarding the duties Masako can or cannot perform. I think they are only manipulating the actions of the Imperial family as part of their own agenda. All events seem contrived to enhance Kiko's position so it would appear as if she is the second lady of the Imperial family instead of Masako.

It definitely appears to be that way. Its a shame...as both Kiko and Masako are great assets to the Imperial Family...in different ways.

I truly don't understand the purpose of her coming and not being in the line up...unless of course, she is participating in the banquet that the press has no access to.

Emperor Akihito leads Japan's New Year celebrations
..."I feel pleased to celebrate the New Year together with you," the 73-year-old monarch told the crowd.
"At the beginning of the year, I wish for the happiness of our nation and peace in the world," he added, as members of his family, including Empress Michiko and Crown Prince Naruhito, lined up along the glassed-in balcony of Chowa-Den (Hall of Lasting Peace).

Japan's Emperor Akihito, and Empress Michiko, appear on the balcony to receive New Year's greetings from well wishers at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2007. Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and other Imperial family members are accompanied.......Crown Princess Masako, a 43-year-old Harvard-educated former career diplomat, took part only in the morning sessions as she is still suffering from a stress-related disorder, linked to her struggle to adapt to life in the world's oldest monarchy....Princess Kiko, 40, was to skip two early afternoon appearances as she needed to nurse her newborn son, Prince Hisahito....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070102/wl_asia_afp/japanroyalsnewyear_070102055514

AP photos via Yahoo

Reuters via Yahoo

JIJI press photos

Photos from Polfoto and Profimedia

Photos from Getty images
Japanese Imperial Family Celebrates New Year

Photos from ANP

This year Princess Tsuguko of Takamado also appeared at these new year events as she turned 20 in March of 2006.

Last edited:
Happy New Year and the best wishes for the Imperial Family in 2007.:)
Only pity no Sayako (former Princess Nori)on the picture together with her family. :sad:

Ropura

Where is Sayako(former Princess Nori) and her husband Yoshiki Kuroda . I don't see her visited Her Imperial parents,for New Year greetings?

Ropura:rolleyes:

ropura said:
Where is Sayako(former Princess Nori) and her husband Yoshiki Kuroda . I don't see her visited Her Imperial parents,for New Year greetings?

Ropura:rolleyes:

she don't is part of the imperial family any more, sure she visited her parents but in provate way, not official

masako look great, very recovered, the long hair is perfect for her:flowers:

Thanksss, Aiko isssssss very sweet.

Sakamoto, gynecology doctor for imperial family members, dies at 82

Shoichi Sakamoto, who worked as gynecology doctor for Empress Michiko and other female imperial family members, died of malignant lymphoma at a hospital in Tokyo on Dec. 28, sources close to his family said Thursday. He was 82..........
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070104/kyodo/d8mefpo00.html

LEAD: Emperor's poem about moon recited at annual New Year's Poetry Reading

(Kyodo) _ (EDS: ADDING CROWN PRINCESS MASAKO'S ABSENCE)
Emperor Akihito reflected on the white moon he saw as he hurried home one night after performing the day's duties in a poem recited at the annual New Year Poetry Reading held Monday at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. This year's theme for the "waka" poems was "the moon." The emperor's poem, poems composed by other members of Japan's imperial family and 10 poems chosen from 23,737 public entries were recited in the traditional style at the reading...............
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070115/kyodo/d8mlfp080.html

Photo from JIJI press

Theme for the New Year's Poetry Reading, 2007: TSUKI(the moon)

His Majesty the Emperor

My day's duties done
And I quicken my footsteps
On my way back home
While the light of the moon
Shines down whitely on the path.

Note: This poem describes the scenery as His Majesty saw it on the way home from the Imperial Palace to the Imperial Residence where he lives after the ceremony of the appointment of senior officers, whose appointment His Majesty attests, was over in the evening.

Her Majesty the Empress

Each year
I look up to verify
The moon's position
As I see the Emperor off
For New Year's Ritual at dawn.

Note: Every year on New Year's Day very early in the morning at the Imperial Residence, the Empress sees off the Emperor who goes to the Palace Sanctuary to perform the first ritual of the year. Then, at the time when His Majesty prays, she herself goes outdoors and prays with him from afar. This poem describes her custom of many years of looking up at the sky first, when she goes outdoors, looking forward to seeing the age of the moon as well as the alignment of the moon and the stars that change year by year.
* Since becoming Emperor, His Majesty performs the Prayer to the Four Quarters (Shihohai) just before the New Year's Ritual (Saitansai). In this poem, however, "Each year" includes the Emperor's years as Crown Prince as well and, therefore, Her Majesty refers to the New Year's Ritual (Saitansai) which His Majesty has performed from the time when he was Crown Prince to this day.

His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince

Illuminated by the moonlight pouring down from the skies, the trees stood out boldly in the snowy wilderness.

Note: This poem recalls a night during one of His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince's ski trips. Amid the chill and silence, the trees covered with snow were conspicuous in the brilliant bright moonlight enveloping them.

Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess

"I want to see the moon", said the little child. Hand in hand we entered the garden, and the moon shown brightly.

Note: On an evening around the time for the Autumn Moon Viewing last year, Her Highness Princess Aiko asked to see the moon, so Her Imperial Highness the Crown Princess took her out into the garden of the Akasaka Palace.
They watched the moon shining brightly in the garden, and in the warm grasp of the young Princess's hand, the Crown Princess felt the happiness of living together day to day with her daughter. She expresses her joy in this poem.

http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/eutakai/eutakai-h19.html

Last edited:
Princess Kiko, third from right, wife of the emperor's second son Prince Akishino, second left, stands listening to a poem read with Empress Michiko, fourth from right, during an annual imperial verse reading ceremony at Imperial Palace in Tokyo Monday, Jan. 15, 2007.

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070115/481/tok80101150827

The Imperial Family attended a concert held by Kunaicho employees at The Toukagakudo (Imperial Concert Hall) in the Imperial Palace on Feb. 15, 2007.

Attending the concert were Emperor, Empress, Prince Naruhito, Princess Masako, Princess Kiko and Princess Hisako.

Photo from JIJI press
Video from FNN news and TBS news

Glad to see Princess Masako with Prince Naruhito and the Imperial Family. They look happy together.

I'm relieved to see them together...It should shut up some bad rumors that were going on about Crown Princess Masako and her Imperial in-laws...

Vanesa.

Japanese Empress Michiko (C), accompanied by Crown Prince Naruhito (R), speaks with Mongolian President Nambaryn Enkhbayar at the start of a luncheon at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo February 28.

Mongolia on Yahoo! News Photos

The newest edition of the "Our Imperial Family" magazine released on March 10, 2007 features Prince Hisahito on its cover.

The Image cover and english table of contents can be found in the link below
cŽº@‘æ34†

Hi!
Do you know any information about the Japanese prince who is now on tour in Southeast Asia?
He is Prince Hisahito's father,isn't he?
Is his baby with him in Southeast Asia?
Will he meet any royal families?
Which countries is he visiting?
Please tell me if you know.^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom