Imperial Family of Japan Current Events 2: June 2008 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Imperial Family attended a concert to celebrate Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko's 80th birthdays at the Imperial Palace on November 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

It is really great to see the crown prince and princess out again. They look very happy and she looks so nice in the white suit....so glad to see her again.

It is wonderful to see the whole family attending the concert. Mrs Kuroda looked nice.

Thanks for the photos!
The Imperial family looked nice as usual. It is great to see Princess Mako joining her parent on the balcony. Crown Princess Masako seems to favour the blue ensemble for this public appearance.

Here is a screen shot from one of the videos ROYAL NORWAY has posted above.
http://s27.postimg.org/gckrqaoir/Japan_2015.jpg
From right to left they are the Princess of Akishino, her daughters Princess Mako and Princess Kako (who turned twenty jus on three days ago),
I'm not sure about the lady in the grey dress. Usually this is the position of Princess Hitachi, but this lady doesn't really look like her. Is it Princess Mikasa? She hasn't attended this formal event for years.
Next to her the two Princesses Akiko and Yoko of Mikasa, and in the purple dress the Princess of Takamado, one of her daughters stands on her right side but isn't visible in the pic.

Can someone verify the identity of the lady in grey?

Last edited:
Masako doesn't usually attend this evening. Her health must not be up to it yet.:ermm:

Can someone verify the identity of the lady in grey?
From right to left are the Princess Akishino, her daughters Princess Mako and Princess Kako, Princess Tomohito of Mikasa she is the widow of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa, her daughters Princess Akiko of Mikasa and Princess Yōko of Mikasa, the Princess Takamado the widow of The Prince Takamado and one of her daughters.

Last edited by a moderator:
From right to left are the Princess Akishino, her daughters Princess Mako and Princess Kako, Princess Tomohito of Mikasa she is the widow of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa, her daughters Princess Akiko of Mikasa and Princess Yōko of Mikasa, the Princess Takamado the widow of The Prince Takamado and one of her daughters.
Oops, of course it is the Princess Akishino, I must have been sleeping when I posted the above. Thanks for your correction, I edited my post above.

The Princess of Mikasa hasn't been seen at this event for years. Afaik she had some health issue. It is good that she seems to be better now.

The Princess of Mikasa hasn't been seen at this event for years. Afaik she had some health issue. It is good that she seems to be better now.

The Princess has been absent from official duty since 2006 because of stroke and asthma. She was absent from the funeral of her husband in 2012 because of poor health.

She was back on official duty on 1 November 2013, when she supported the people affected by the earthquake on 11 March 2011.

Princess Nobuko Came Back | IMPERIAL FAMILY OF JAPAN

She did the same thing again on 7th November 2014.

https://imperialfamilyjapan.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/fukushima-visit-of-princess-nobuko/

New year with The Imperial Family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUKipHGPN5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjZ7RtUxTq8

Last edited by a moderator:

The Imperial Family attended a lecture given by a top researcher today, January 9, 2015, during the annual "kosho hajime no gi" (ceremony of the first lecture) event as part of the New Year ceremonies at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

A touch of colour and more than a touch of glitter...

Imperial Princesses at the New Year's Reception 1 January 2015
These images are not copyrighted photographs but screen caps from news broadcasts.

New%20Year%20Reception%201%20Jan%202015%202.jpg

New%20Year%20Reception%201%20Jan%202015%20Kiko%20Mako%20Kako%20Tomohito%20Akiko%20Yoko.jpg

L to R: Princess Kiko of Akishino and her daughters Princess Mako & Princess Kako;
Princess Tomohito of Mikasa and her daughters Princess Akiko & Princess Yohko;
Princess Takamado and her eldest daughter Princess Tsuguko.

:previous:
Thanks for the photos!
The Princesses looked lovely as usual. White silk used for Princess Kiko's and her daughter's dresses is amazing.

Last edited:
Imperial Family of Japan Current Events 2: June 2008 -

FINALLY!!

I have been looking for pictures of the New Year's Reception all month and these are the first I've seen. Thank you so much for them.

A sweetheart neckline can be so flattering and also makes a lovely frame for a statement necklace and, as we all know, the Japanese Royal Ladies w/out a doubt have. :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

FINALLY!!

I have been looking for pictures of the New Year's Reception all month and these are the first I've seen. Thank you so much for them.

You can find more pictures of the New Year's reception on the previous page and further up this page :flowers:

The Imperial Family received Indonesia's President Joko Widodo and his wife Iriana today, March 23, 2015. Some nice pics of them feeding carps swimming in a pond at the Ninomaru garden at the Imperial Palace were made as well.
I especially like the pic of Empress Michiko and the President's wife holding hands (pic 4).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
It is surprising to see Mrs Widodo holding Empress Michiko's hands. It might be viewed as a breach of the protocol. It is great to see Emperor Akihito greeting guests. This means he is doing well.
Empress Michiko and Princess Kiko look absolutely wonderful in kimonos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom