another photos form PPE Agency

Old 01-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabell View Post
Japon Royal Family New official foto 3 January « Myroyal’s Blog
It is touching to see the emperor smile with so much care and joy! He is probably glad to be able to personally greet his people although if he has been battling with health problems. You can see that he truly loves his people and wants their best.

But I am troubled by the thought of how this imperial balcony will look like at the time when little Hisahito will be his father´s age. In all probability, there will be only standing him and his wife, „lone and lorn“. Their children (supposing they will have any) will be too young, the generation of his sisters, being all girls except him, will have left the imperial family by marriage, and those belonging to the generation of his parents (let alone of his grandparents) will all be over eighty and either dead or too weakened by old age to be able to stand the whole day on a balcony...

They´ll have to do something about this succession law, and soon!! Not so much because I have a problem with Hisahito being the heir (instead of Aiko) but because he cannot do all this by himself. It is too heavy a burden for this little one (even if it is true that he will hopefully be a strong man by that time). At least the grandchildren of the present emperor, Aiko, Mako and Kako, should get the right to stay members of the imperial family even when they marry. Their cousin and brother needs their support.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Is this state of affairs only in the Imperial Family, or is any daughter not considered a member of her birth family if she marries? Is Japan the only country that has this tradition with its princesses? It does seem quite unfair. Hopefully Hisahito will have a very strong and energetic wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraC View Post
At least the grandchildren of the present emperor, Aiko, Mako and Kako, should get the right to stay members of the imperial family even when they marry. Their cousin and brother needs their support.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

As you know, the rules in regard to marriages of Princesses have been observed so far (e.g., Mrs. Sayako Kurodo). Upon marrying, a woman becomes a part of her husband's family, which tends to move her own family and their priorities aside. Under such circumstances, daughters-in-law occupy vacated places, so to speak. I do not see any reason for modifying the above rules. At the same time, I do not exclude a possibility of some changes in rules.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for your quick reply, Al_Bina. It sounds as though the same sorts of rules apply to all Japanese families, not just the Imperial one. Do I understand you correctly? Is it also true of Asian families in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
As you know, the rules in regard to marriages of Princesses have been observed so far (e.g., Mrs. Sayako Kurodo). Upon marrying, a woman becomes a part of her husband's family, which tends to move her own family and their priorities aside. Under such circumstances, daughters-in-law occupy vacated places, so to speak. I do not see any reason for modifying the above rules. At the same time, I do not exclude a possibility of some changes in rules.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The rules I have mentioned apply to the Central Asia/Kazakhstan based on my own experience and Japan based on words of my husband's Japanese grandmother. I think that they are applicable in other parts of Asia as well. At the same time, adherence to these traditional rules is hugely undermined by developments in the socio-ecomomic environment.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I see. Thank you.

Quote:
The rules I have mentioned apply to the Central Asia/Kazakhstan based on my own experience and Japan based on words of my husband's Japanese grandmother. I think that they are applicable in other parts of Asia as well. At the same time, adherence to these traditional rules is hugely undermined by developments in the socio-ecomomic environment.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

a hq pics from Zimbio:

UpMyphoto.com
Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful detail on that dress! Thanks rchainho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
a hq pics from Zimbio:

UpMyphoto.com
Old 01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Smile Princesses

Quote:
hallo Al _bina,

In Indonesian the Princesses if they marriage,they don"t loss their tittle as in Japan.Their receive a new name from their father. (Sultan).

Ropura
Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

You're right ropura, the sultan's daughters and their husbands receive new name/title from the sultan due to the wedding. In Brunei, where the married princesses also keep their royal title while their husbands receive a title from His Majesty.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

ropura and el-khanz,
It has been kind of you to share information about the marriage traditions in Brunei and Indonesia. I think that the Japanese Imperial family remains very orthodox in this respect. It appears that the Imperial family has no intentions of enlarging the family by bestowing titles upon future sons-in-law, who are very likely to be commoners.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Royal Highness

Emperor & Empress listen quietly to poems

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...6cbb784970b-pi
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Gentry

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/14148983.jpg

©Kyodo/MAXPPP - 11/06/2009 ; TOKYO, Japan - Japanese Emperor Akihito (2nd from R), his wife Empress Michiko (R), Crown Prince Naruhito (2nd from L) and his wife Crown Princess Masako attend a concert performed by members of the Music Department of the Imperial Household Agency to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the emperor's and empress's wedding and the 20th anniversary of their accession at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on April 17. (Pool photo)(Kyodo)

photo by belga
Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Gentry

Jazz concert at imperial palace
http://www.jiji.com/news/photos/phot...iew8429714.jpg
Japanese Emperor Akihito , his wife Empress Michiko , Crown Prince Naruhito, his wife Crown Princess Masako ,Prince Akishino ,his wife Princess Kiko and Mrs.Kuroda attend a jazz concert to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the emperor's and empress's wedding and the 20th anniversary of their accession
9/6/2009,toukagakudo
The Imperial Palace - The Imperial Household Agency
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiey View Post
Jazz concert at imperial palace
Japanese Emperor Akihito , his wife Empress Michiko , Crown Prince Naruhito, his wife Crown Princess Masako ,Prince Akishino ,his wife Princess Kiko and Mrs.Kuroda attend a jazz concert to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the emperor's and empress's wedding and the 20th anniversary of their accession.
Do "Mrs. Kuroda" and her husband have any children?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Royal Highness

It's lovely to see Mrs Kuroda attend this event - I had no idea that the IHA had it's own music department!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Commoner

Thank you for posting that namiey! It's nice seeing Sayako again as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Do "Mrs. Kuroda" and her husband have any children?
No, Mr and Mrs Kuroda have no children.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Commoner

Japan's Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko arrive with Crown Prince Naruhito, Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko, Princess Takamado and Princess Akiko arrive at the autumn garden party in Tokyo October 22, 2009. About 1,700 people were invited to the garden party hosted by the Emperor and Empress.

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Japan's Emperor Akihito (C) and Empress Michiko (behind Akihito) arrive with Crown Prince Naruhito (L), Prince Akishino (2L), Princess Kiko (behind Akishino) and Princess Akiko arrive at the autumn garden party in Tokyo October 22, 2009. About 1,700 people were invited to the garden party hosted by the Emperor and Empress. AFP PHOTO/POOL/ISSEI KATO

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Tags
japanese imperial family, japanese royal family