Imperial Family of Japan Current Events 2: June 2008 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimebear

Royal Highness
City
Somewhere Street
Country
United States
Japan's Emperor Akihito, right, looks at exhibits with Empress Michiko, second right, and their children, Crown Prince Naruhito, center, Prince Akishino, second left, former Princess Sayoko Kuroda, during a visit to the photo exhibition entitled: 'Empress and her children' at Takashimaya department store in Tokyo Saturday, Oct. 18, 2008. At right in the background is Yutaka Asahina, president of Mainichi Newspaper, the organizer of the exhibition.

Photos from Ap via Yahoo

FNN news video via youtube

Youtube video

Thank you for the video clip, Mandyy. Prince Akishino really towers over both his parents, doesn't he? There, I've learned something today. :)

mandyy,
Thanks for sharing this clip!:flowers: It is nice to see the whole family together. Empress Michiko recollected many happy moment she shared with her children.

:rose2::wub:Thank you Mandy for the nice video from You Tube,nice to see the Imperial Couple with their three children. :japanstandard::crown6:

Ropura:heartflower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite her age, Empress Michiko is so gracefully and serene.

Thank you for the video Mandy. A very nice one! And finally we get to see former Princess Sayako with her family!:flowers:

Imperial Family enter the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Oct. 20 to celebrate the 74th birthday of Empress Michiko

Galerías de imágenes

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos !
It is great to see Crown Princess Masako making a public appearance alongside Crown Prince Naruhito. She looked radiant.:wub::wub::wub: Princess Kiko, who is always impeccable, seemed a bit tired to me. I do not know... perhaps a wrong angle or light was to blame ...

Emperor Akihito Turns 75
TOKYO - DECEMBER 23: Crown Prince Naruhito, Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko and Prince Akishino wave to the well-wishers celebrating Emperor Akihito's 75th birthday at the Imperial Palace on December 23, 2008 in Tokyo, Japan. The Emperor, who has recently been diagnosed with a stress-related illness, made his first public appearance in a fortnight during today's celebration, where he was greeted by nearly 20000 well-wishers.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
It is great that Emperor Akihito did make an appearance with Empress Michiko and Crown Princely couple
. It has been my pleasure to see Crown Princess Masako joining the Imperial Family. A navy-coloured suit and simple pill-box hat (I hope I am correct about the hat) were perfectly chosen.

Courtesy of marine2109 (TheRoyalForum)

Great to see these two couples together! Thank you for the link to the pictures Al_bina.:flowers:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
It is great that Emperor Akihito did make an appearance with Empress Michiko and Crown Princely couple. It has been my pleasure to see Crown Princess Masako joining the Imperial Family. The navy colour and simple pill-box hat (I hope I am correct about the hat) were perfectly chosen.

Courtesy of marine2109 (TheRoyalForum)

Princess Masako looks so pretty in her blue outfit!! It's good to see Japanese people greeting their Imperial familiy with such enthusiasm :)
Looking at the pictures, it's hard to believe that several members of this family suffer from depression or extreme stress. Masako seems serene and relaxed, I sincerely hope she gets over her problems soon so she can finally live and work the best she can.

The full video released by the Imperial Household Agency of the new year photo session.

‚²ˆê‰Æ‚Ì‚²‹ß‹µ

The last part of the video showing aiko holding hisahito's hand :) Hisahito was also holding aiko's hand when they were playing at the table together.

Very nice pictues. I'm glad to see all the members of the family gathered together. Wish them all a very happy and prosperous new year!!

Japon Royal Family New official foto 3 January « Myroyal’s Blog :flowers:

It is touching to see the emperor smile with so much care and joy! He is probably glad to be able to personally greet his people although if he has been battling with health problems. You can see that he truly loves his people and wants their best.

But I am troubled by the thought of how this imperial balcony will look like at the time when little Hisahito will be his father´s age. In all probability, there will be only standing him and his wife, „lone and lorn“. :ermm: Their children (supposing they will have any) will be too young, the generation of his sisters, being all girls except him, will have left the imperial family by marriage, and those belonging to the generation of his parents (let alone of his grandparents) will all be over eighty and either dead or too weakened by old age to be able to stand the whole day on a balcony... :nonono:

They´ll have to do something about this succession law, and soon!! Not so much because I have a problem with Hisahito being the heir (instead of Aiko) but because he cannot do all this by himself. It is too heavy a burden for this little one (even if it is true that he will hopefully be a strong man by that time). At least the grandchildren of the present emperor, Aiko, Mako and Kako, should get the right to stay members of the imperial family even when they marry. Their cousin and brother needs their support.

Is this state of affairs only in the Imperial Family, or is any daughter not considered a member of her birth family if she marries? Is Japan the only country that has this tradition with its princesses? It does seem quite unfair.:ermm: Hopefully Hisahito will have a very strong and energetic wife!:flowers:

At least the grandchildren of the present emperor, Aiko, Mako and Kako, should get the right to stay members of the imperial family even when they marry. Their cousin and brother needs their support.

As you know, the rules in regard to marriages of Princesses have been observed so far (e.g., Mrs. Sayako Kurodo). Upon marrying, a woman becomes a part of her husband's family, which tends to move her own family and their priorities aside. Under such circumstances, daughters-in-law occupy vacated places, so to speak. I do not see any reason for modifying the above rules. At the same time, I do not exclude a possibility of some changes in rules.

Thanks for your quick reply, Al_Bina.:flowers: It sounds as though the same sorts of rules apply to all Japanese families, not just the Imperial one. Do I understand you correctly? Is it also true of Asian families in general?

As you know, the rules in regard to marriages of Princesses have been observed so far (e.g., Mrs. Sayako Kurodo). Upon marrying, a woman becomes a part of her husband's family, which tends to move her own family and their priorities aside. Under such circumstances, daughters-in-law occupy vacated places, so to speak. I do not see any reason for modifying the above rules. At the same time, I do not exclude a possibility of some changes in rules.

The rules I have mentioned apply to the Central Asia/Kazakhstan based on my own experience and Japan based on words of my husband's Japanese grandmother. I think that they are applicable in other parts of Asia as well. At the same time, adherence to these traditional rules is hugely undermined by developments in the socio-ecomomic environment.

I see. Thank you.:flowers:

The rules I have mentioned apply to the Central Asia/Kazakhstan based on my own experience and Japan based on words of my husband's Japanese grandmother. I think that they are applicable in other parts of Asia as well. At the same time, adherence to these traditional rules is hugely undermined by developments in the socio-ecomomic environment.

Princesses

hallo Al _bina,

In Indonesian the Princesses if they marriage,they don"t loss their tittle as in Japan.Their receive a new name from their father. (Sultan).

;)Ropura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom