Duke of Cambridge: Visit to Japan - February 26-March 1, 2015

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Japan

Press Release

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Japan and China

Old 11-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William to visit Japan and China - Telegraph
Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge will visit Japan and China early next year at the request of the Government, Kensington Palace has confirmed, but the Duchess will not risk the trip because of her pregnancy.

The Duke will spend three days in each country in February and March at the request of the Government.

His visit will be the most high-profile royal visit to China since the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh toured the country in 1986.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Press Release

HRH The Duke of Cambridge to visit Japan and China - Focus on cultural exchange and creative partnerships
Old 02-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Saw that. Seems well versed. But did I miss something? No mention of the Emperor and Empress. Kind of expected them. :P
Old 02-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Saw that. Seems well versed. But did I miss something? No mention of the Emperor and Empress. Kind of expected them. :P
I am surprised that he is not likely to meet Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko. I know that William is only second in line to the throne, but the Japanese imperial couple uses to meet all kinds of official persons who is visiting Japan, Monarchs, Crown Princes, Crown Princesses, Princes, Princesses, Presidents, Prime Ministers and Foreign Ministers etc.

I'm sure William could had an audience with them if he had wanted to. I have previously read in Japanese media that several official persons have been offered a audience, but they have declined it because they didn't have time or it didn' fit.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the briefing that Miguel Head has given on the visit to Japan. Apparently more details will be released - possibly mtg with the Emperor or Crown Prince?

Our view

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Britain's Prince William to visit disaster-hit areas in Japan - 毎日新聞
Quote:
LONDON (Kyodo) -- Britain's Prince William will make a four-day trip to Japan from next Thursday, which will take him to areas in the country's northeast hard hit by the March 2011 disasters, according to the Buckingham Palace.

The prince's itinerary during his first visit to Japan includes visiting on Feb. 28 with disaster-hit residents in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture, followed by meetings with local people in the tsunami-hit city of Ishinomaki and Onagawa town, both in Miyagi Prefecture.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Japan will be happy to welcome a senior member of the British royal family once again.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The bit at the end meeting the Japanese Prince is confusing.Why would Wills be meeting an 11 yr old boy? In Japan, it's the Crown Prince, then his younger brother and then the boy who is the son of the CP's younger brother. The boy isn't in the same place as William. He is in the same position as George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

There is nothing in the briefing by the Duke's Private Secretary about about Prince Hisohito, so I think the Telegraph is just making up things. They also got it wrong about the Crown Prince having daughters instead of a daughter. The Duke and the Prince are both grandsons of the reigning monarch, so I suppose that might make them "counterparts" in a way, but it is an odd word to use.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

From Twitter

Friday, Feb. 27: #Prince #William will have a luncheon with the Emperor and Empress before meeting with Crown Prince Naruhito

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...-tohoku-visit/

via @TRH_WandC on Twitter

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

William has arrived in Japan and begun his visit.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 6m
The Duke of Cambridge passes under the iconic Rainbow bridge in Tokyo #royalvisitjp
Old 02-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William is mobbed by flag-waving fans in rainy Tokyo | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Getty Images: The Duke Of Cambridge Visits Japan - Day 1
Old 02-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William masters delicate art of Tokyo tea ceremony - Telegragh
Quote:
There will be tougher challenges before his Far East tour is out, but the Duke of Cambridge passed his first test of protocol in Japan by negotiating the delicate art of the tea ceremony as he arrived in Tokyo.

The ancient ritual is so sacrosanct that members of the media were not actually allowed to witness the tea being brewed; paper privacy screens were slid into place at the vital moment, then later parted to reveal the Duke sipping his brew from an antique bowl cupped in both hands.

The traditional VIP welcome to the country was a soft landing for the Duke on his first visit to Japan, but his seven-day tour of the Far East is likely to prove his most controversial foreign mission to date.
William takes tea on japan visit | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has experienced a simple but spiritual Japanese tea ceremony to mark his arrival in the Far East country.

William who is making his first trip to Japan, was served tea by a grand master who has performed the ritual for his parents the Prince and Princess of Wales, and the Queen.
The second-in-line to the throne was taken to a centuries-old Tokyo teahouse and seated at a small table where he received the green tea, said to have life-prolonging properties.

Even before the Duke arrived on Thursday morning, there were accusations from victims of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster that he was being used as a stooge by Japans prime minister to promote his pro-nuclear policies.
When he arrives in China next week, there will be the equally delicate matter of repairing the damage done by his father the Prince of Waless description of Chinese officials as appalling old waxworks, not to mention his determination to raise the issue of the illegal wildlife trade in a country which is one of the worlds biggest markets for poached animal products.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its not been that long since he's landed in Japan and already I am sensing a very successful trip. It was so heartwarming to see all the people that turned out even in the bad weather to welcome him. He is really gaining his stride as an ambassador representing the UK I think and no guitar necessary.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.
― John Lennon
Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Royal Highness

I'm really impressed so for. Not for any specific reason more that you can really tell he is taking this dead serious. He knows this is an important tour in diplomatic terms and he makes sure he won't screw it up. He isn't his normal joke-y self, he waves smaller, you can see he sits and do the exact things as the man next to him at the tea house etc. I think he has really tried to study the culture and do's/don'ts for the way to behave in his host countries. Kudos to him, I really think he will do this tour well!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Majesty

William has wonderful 'people' skills, and it shows in all pictures. I think he will do his country proud. No doubt he realizes that this is not to be taken lightly. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the tour turns out.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Duke of Cambridge: Visit to Japan and China

Duke of Cambridge Visit to Japan and China | Selda Göktaş
Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince William has arrived in Tokyo as he begins a week-long trip to Asia. The Duke will spend four days in Japan before travelling to China-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS