The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
William has arrived in Japan and begun his visit.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 6m
The Duke of Cambridge passes under the iconic Rainbow bridge in Tokyo #royalvisitjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
William has wonderful 'people' skills, and it shows in all pictures. I think he will do his country proud. No doubt he realizes that this is not to be taken lightly. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the tour turns out.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
First- Love.
Love the DM pics! I wanna try those tea cakes! The man has a smile that lights up the room.
@ Daria- Ditto.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Majesty

BBC News - Prince William arrives in Japan for four-day visit

Old 02-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
First- Love.
Love the DM pics! I wanna try those tea cakes! The man has a smile that lights up the room.
@ Daria- Ditto.
No chopsticks! FLUNKIES (that's just offensive) rather than delegations. And fine green tea is not bitter. That is all. Hope everyone dries out.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2797524.html

Prince William tours Japan (Day 1)| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

The above post contains photos of Prince William's visit to Japan (Day 1). I wonder why Prince William was sent to tour Japan.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2797524.html

Prince William tours Japan (Day 1)| Blogs•Spletnik.ru

The above post contains photos of Prince William's visit to Japan (Day 1). I wonder why Prince William was sent to tour Japan.
He was sent to open the GREAT exhibit in China and did a China-Japan combo :P
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The briefing for the Japan leg of the trip included this:

The programme has a number of themes, not least the importance of UK-Japan commercial and cultural exchange and also how tradition and innovation work together in modern Japan. The programme will also give The Duke the chance to show his personal respects to the thousands of people affected by the earthquake and tsunami of 11th March 2011, as well as to highlight the ongoing need for support for recovery in the affected area.

Full briefing: Our view

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

James Whatling ‏@JWhatling
#PrinceWilliam will lay a wreath today in the same spot as his mother did in 1995. #Diana #RoyalVisitJP #lestweforget
Old 02-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Rhiannon Mills ‏@SkyRhiannon 7 mins7 minutes ago
Prince William looks at the photo of Princess Diana at the Yokohama war graves cemetery in 1995

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-0Cq2tXEAAjKxf.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Rhiannon Mills ‏@SkyRhiannon 7 mins7 minutes ago
Prince William looks at the photo of Princess Diana at the Yokohama war graves cemetery in 1995

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-0Cq2tXEAAjKxf.jpg
Auch, hit's straight in the heart that one, huh?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:Prince William has arrived in Tokyo as he begins a week-long trip to Asia. The Duke will spend four days in Japan before travelling to China-
Home - ITNSource News
He's doing a nice job, albeit I have to say that if Catherine were present it would be more interesting. The clothes and shoes and hair and what-all. Watching him in all the videos and the still poses, I think how it was all likely planned to have them both standing there, Catherine waving by his side. Still, he's doing okay. His smile is warm and feels very genuine. I think he's grown up a lot, to at least have sophisticated to his role in a serious way. He feels comfortable to watch.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
He's doing a nice job, albeit I have to say that if Catherine were present it would be more interesting. The clothes and shoes and hair and what-all. Watching him in all the videos and the still poses, I think how it was all likely planned to have them both standing there, Catherine waving by his side. Still, he's doing okay. His smile is warm and feels very genuine. I think he's grown up a lot, to at least have sophisticated to his role in a serious way. He feels comfortable to watch.
I actually think this tour is more benifical this way. The focus, though a bit lesser of it, is on the diplomacy and this is Williams chance to show that he can be a serious, "boring" and proper diplomat for the country in tricky cultures. If Kate was with (and yes, I would love it too) they would interact more with each other and it would be more giggles and fun. This way he can show a more somber (Is that the right word even if event's aren't sad?) side of himself which is an important part in being a future king. Just my five cents :P
Old 02-27-2015, 01:35 AM
Royal Highness

William meets Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

Prince William meets with Japanese emperor, empress | Photos | Kyodo News
Old 02-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Royal Highness

Without Kate, the artices do not stay long on the various websites and there are less photos of the various events.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:42 AM
Majesty

@BBCPeterHunt: After bowing his head, Prince William told Emperor Akihito, “Your Majesty. Very nice to see you again.”

Gallery:

Getty
Old 02-27-2015, 02:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
William meets Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.

Prince William meets with Japanese emperor, empress | Photos | Kyodo News
Glad to see :) Do you think we will get to see more pictures from it and meeting with the young prince?
Old 02-27-2015, 02:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I actually think this tour is more benifical this way. The focus, though a bit lesser of it, is on the diplomacy and this is Williams chance to show that he can be a serious, "boring" and proper diplomat for the country in tricky cultures. If Kate was with (and yes, I would love it too) they would interact more with each other and it would be more giggles and fun. This way he can show a more somber (Is that the right word even if event's aren't sad?) side of himself which is an important part in being a future king. Just my five cents :P
Well said. I agree, especially the part where you indicate that it would be more about William and Catherine's interactions, "giggles and fun". Maybe a day will come when the two of them together can have that joint soberness. (Very interesting how the presence of the woman changes the media interest).

I was watching the video of William in the rain on the boat and have to say, if I were Catherine, I would be glad I was snug at home tending to my pregnancy. I'm a wuss, yes.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Glad to see :) Do you think we will get to see more pictures from it and meeting with the young prince?
Here is a video of it.

Prince meets Japanese Emperor and Empress - ITV News
Old 02-27-2015, 02:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Thank you :)

Awww, those two. They're like cute little dolls! :P They look especially tiny near William :P
Old 02-27-2015, 04:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pleased to see that the visit is getting some coverage in the mainstream news - I did have my fears that with the absence of Kate it wouldn't surface.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-27-2015, 04:45 AM
Courtier

The Japanese Imperial couple, as well as the Crown Prince, seem like they'd be genuinely interesting and pleasant people to talk to.