Danish Crown Princely Couple Business Visit to Japan: October 8-12, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roskilde

Heir Apparent
City
Roskilde
Country
Denmark
Crown Princely Couple Business Visit to to Japan 2017 :flowers:

https://danishroyalvisit.dk/japan2017/

T.R.H. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will lead a large Danish business delegation during the Danish royal visit to Japan - October 10-13, 2017.

Already next week Frederik & Mary will lead the Danish Business Visit to Sweden: May 29-30, 2017.

Last edited:
The royal visit to Japan is probably also to coincide with the 150th Anniversary of the Japan-Denmark Diplomatic Relations, of which Crown Prince Frederik and the Crown Prince of Japan are patrons.

It does.

"On the occasion of the planned visit by TRH the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark to Japan, celebrating the 150 years anniversary of Japanese and Danish diplomatic ties, Danish companies are hereby invited to join the accompanying business delegation. Tokyo, October 10-13, 2017."

Danish Royal Visit to Japan 2017 - DI

They are kept busy. And pretty important issues as well. - I.e. export.

Detractors rarely realize how much the royals do to help attracting export orders, business deals and as a consequence creating jobs.
How much difference they make is of course debatable, but at least they do their bit.

Last edited:
gosh these guys are none stop ! I'm glad because I love seeing them , but they are so busy especially Mary !

gosh these guys are none stop ! I'm glad because I love seeing them , but they are so busy especially Mary !

Yes, their calendars are rather jam-packed, but I would imagine there would be a lot of controversy if they weren't. As the future king and queen, they're going to have more on their plates than say, Joachim and Marie do.

This trip will be enjoyable for perhaps Frederik in particular.

This is a follow-up on previous visits, promoting Danish, but also Greenlandic products. Fur and fish from Greenland are very sought after in Japan and Frederik has always had a close relationship with Greenland.
Apart from that he and Crown Prince Naruhito a personal friends.

Perhaps Princess Takamado (and one or both daughters) will be involved as well. She and Princess Tsuguko attended an exhibition about Greenland when CP Frederik and CP Mary visited in 2015. Earlier this year, Princess Takamado gave her Tupilak collection to the Danish Embassy in Tokyo as a long-term loan.

This trip will be enjoyable for perhaps Frederik in particular.

This is a follow-up on previous visits, promoting Danish, but also Greenlandic products. Fur and fish from Greenland are very sought after in Japan and Frederik has always had a close relationship with Greenland.
Apart from that he and Crown Prince Naruhito a personal friends.

Agree.
Plus Frederik will visit areas recovering from the 2011 Tsunami
"The visit to Japan also offers a lot of rejuvenation. The Crown Prince visits Higashi-Matsushima in northern Japan, which in 2011 was hit by an earthquake and a tsunami. At that time, the Crown Prince visited shortly after many of the affected in the disaster area."

His visit with the red cross shortly after the disaster was a big success, In 2015 Frederik received the first rice harvest since the earthquake in 2011 as a gift from the city of Higashi-Matsushim in Japan
Modtagelse af gave fra Higashi Matsushima i Japan | Kongehuset

That visit to the disaster area was very much appreciated, to put it mildly!
So Frederik may expect quite a welcome back.

And for those who may wonder what a tupilak is: http://www.skovsantik.dk/tupilakker greenland old ........jpg
They are a kind of spirit-figures. Sometimes made from Narwhal tusk. - And they are perhaps more charming than beautiful...

One of my favourite royal couples in one of my favourite countries - nice!

I always like seeing Mary and Frederik on these sorts of trips. They interact so well with the people they meet, (as a couple and separately), and are unfailingly polite, good natured and interested in everything around them.

Great news, I was wondering when they would make a visit somewhere, its always great seeing them together and on working/official trips. It feels like they haven't been on one for ages.

Japan is a lovely country and I'm looking forward to all the pictures.

Last edited:
:previous:
This will be an interesting trip for them and one to watch. This picture also shows that there is lots of work to be done behind the scenes when planning an event with the public, this is rarely shown about the royals. By the way, I like Mary's pretty blue blouse she is wearing. Nice color on her, Thanks for showing this.

I have finally got a new computer, so I'll be ready to the Crown Prince Couple's official visit to Japan :flowers:

I can't wait to be back here on TRF with all your fantastic members ?

The official program for Frederik and Mary's official visit to Japan has been published
Program for besøg i Japan | Kongehuset

"Denmark and Japan celebrate this year's 150th anniversary of diplomatic relations, and from 8 to 12 October, your Royal Highness Crown Prince and Crown Princess will be at the forefront of a business and cultural advancement in the country.
The cultural part focuses on Denmark, Danish lifestyle and design, and in the business area where 55 Danish companies participate, the focus areas are where Denmark is strong - on health, food and design.
Program"

Very busy days

The Danish Embassy in Denmark is ready for their visit
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDOA0LjJsd/?taken-by=denmarkembassyjapan

A very busy schedule indeed.

I see it will be just as much a promotion of Japan and Japanese culture, as of Denmark.
But the area after the tsunami is very well covered! - There is still a good deal to be done in rebuilding the area. After all a lot was simply erased from surface of the Earth and that provides an excellent opportunity to rebuild the whole thing as modern as possible. - And since Frederik, and therefore Denmark, has a pretty big star among the locals, that provides a good opportunity for Danish products and concepts. :D
- It isn't all just about charity... ;)

As can be expected M&F will naturally meet with their local counterparts and being on an official visit it is of course expected they will drop by Japanese head of state and say hi from QMII. But a dinner in this context is not necessarily a given thing. So that's nice to see.

:previous: Very much so.
Starting the trip with a [FONT=&quot]Walkathon, how fun[/FONT].
https://www.dccj.org/events/detail/645

Frederik's trip to Japan in 2011 after the tsunami gained alot of goodwill for Frederik and Denmark. How exciting that he will be meeting again some of the same children
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/...kronprinsen-p-besg-i-japan.jpeg?itok=Z5cqCRhO

More info on the 150 anniversary of Denmark-Japan diplomacy
Denmark and Japan – 150 Years – Denmark and Japan – 150 Years

Last edited:
What a program!
Over 30 different visits.
They always do so well on charming on these trips :flowers:

Frederik and Mary must have left Denmark now and sit in the plane on their way to Japan. There was a SAS flight directly from Copenhagen to Tokyo at. 15.45 (3 hours ago). The flight takes 10-11 hours and arrives in Tokyo tomorrow at. 9.45 (local time). Crown Prince's program starts at. 13.15.

We must hope the couple and the whole Danish division is good at sleeping in an airplane: smile:: coffee:

Here’s the Crown Prince Couple’s programme:

Sunday, October 8th
Kl. 13.15 Crown Prince Couple participates in the "Denmark Festival & Walkathon". Toyosu, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 18.00 Crown Prince Couple participates in dinner with Denmark's ambassador in Japan H.E. Freddy Svane. The Royal Danish Embassy, ​​Tokyo, Japan.

Monday, October 9th
Kl. 11.25 Crown Prince couples attend a breakfast event with Kanazawa City Deputy Mayor as host. Restaurant Tsubajin, Kanazawa, Japan.

Kl. 12.35 Crown Prince Couple participates in a guided tour through Kenrokuen. Kanazawa, Japan.

Kl. 13.30 Crown Prince visits the exhibition Everyday Life - Signs of Awareness. 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa, Japan.

Tuesday, October 10th
Kl. 10.05 The Crown Princess visits Funabashi Andersen Park. Funabashi, Japan.

Kl. 10.25 Crown Prince visits Naruse Oka Primary School. Higashi-Matsushima, Japan.

Kl. 10.30 The Crown Princess visits the Nordic Fair and the Adventure Pavilion in H.C. Andersen Park. Funabashi, Japan.

Kl. 11.10 The Crown Princess visits the Children's Museum. Funabashi, Japan.

Kl. 12.00 The Crown Prince visits the exhibition "Denmark Calligraphy" in Nobiru Citizen Center. Higashi-Matsushima, Japan.

Kl. 12.00 Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako

Kl. 12.30 The Crown Prince visits the "Earthquake Memorial Park. Higashi-Matsushima, Japan.

Kl. 17.00 The Crown Prince Couple visits the exhibition "Japan and Denmark: Valuable Records of the Historical Relationship" on Japan's National Archives. Tokyo, Japan.

Wednesday, October 11th
Kl. 10.00 Crown Prince couples participate in the official opening of business promotion in Japan. Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 10.30 The Crown Princess participates in the opening of "The Design Lounge". Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 10.40 The Crown Prince participates in the seminar "Global Food Market and Consumer Trends Seminar". Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 11.05 The Crown Princess is present at the event "Danish Design DNA: Towards a New Leadership Model". Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 12.00 Crown Prince couples participate in lunch with their majors, Japanese Emperor and Empress as hosts. Imperial Palace, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 13.40 Crown Prince couples participate in business lunch with signature ceremony. Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 15.15 The Crown Prince participates in the "Leo Pharma Open Innovation" event. Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 15.15 The Crown Princess visits the meeting area and stands of Danish companies. Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 18.30 The Crown Prince Couple participates in business travel with Ambassador Freddy Svane as host. The Royal Danish Embassy, ​​Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 19.30 Crown Prince takes part in a dinner at his imperial highness, Crown Prince of Japan. Togu Palace, Tokyo, Japan.

Thursday, October 12th
Kl. 10.00 Crown Prince couples participate in a food and lifestyle event in the Danish Embassy Room in Japan. Ambassador Residence, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 12.00 Crown Prince visits the Funabashi Primary School. Funabashi Primary School, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 13.30 The Crown Princess participates in "Design Walk" and visits Danish companies in Tokyo. Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 13.45 Crown Prince visits Kewpie Corporation. Kewport, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 14.45 The Crown Prince visits the National Center for Child Health and Development (NCCHD). Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 18.00 Crown Prince couples attend the reception at the official celebration of the 150th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan and Denmark. Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Kl. 19.30 The Crown Prince couple participates in official dinner at the official celebration of the 150th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan and Denmark. Hotel Gajoen, Tokyo, Japan.

Last edited:
This is going to be a great trip for all of them, the crown prince couple of Japan are really happy to see them and the greetings were so welcoming and warm. Frederik and Mary are seem so delighted to be there and excited.

Here is an interesting article about one of the Danish businesses accompanying M&F on the trip, and what their presence means to the business.
Familievirksomhed får kronprinsepar som rejseselskab i Japan - TV 2

It's a family run business specializing in high quality fish product to the Japanese market. The Japanese are very particular about quality and they can't get this particular product at the same quality in Japan.

The export and marketing manager, Christian Espersen, who travels to Japan six times a year, explains: "The jubilee (150 years for the first diplomatic relations between DK and Japan) is a good opportunity for us to meet with our most important client out there, whom I'm inviting for the opening at the Danish embassy and for the gala dinner".

The company has been exporting to Japan for 40 years.

Q: What does it mean for the company that the CP-Couple comes along?
Christian Espersen: "It's significant that I can invite our biggest client to the gala dinner where the royal family is represented. That's the first time he experience that".

He goes on to explain the various rules of conduct when you go to Japan. Like never raising your voice during a meeting. And strict adherence to ritual of presenting and receiving a calling card.

------------------------------
:previous: It's good that the Japanese CP-Couple are personal friends with M&F. - In fact they are personal friends with most of the European Current CP-couples and reigning couples of their generation. Perhaps especially King W-A and Queen Maxima.

----------------

This visit is going to be very well featured in the national business papers like Jyllands Posten and Berlingske.

Last edited:
A new lovely video from today's walkathon event:

It's a pleasure to watch Frederik and Mary on these trips especially ... They can barely keep their eyes and hands from each other :wub: Despite all these people and turmoil around them. A great team.

BTW, BB mentions that it's today exactly 14 years ago that Frederik presented his Mary Donaldson to all of Denmark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom