Belgian State Visit to Japan: October 9-15, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the update!:flowers::flowers:
The situation surrounding Emperor Akihito should be addressed by October. I am looking forward to seeing photos of Japanese Princesses.

Some details about the upcoming state visit from Asahi:
October 11 - welcome ceremony, meeting between the reigning couples, and court dinner
October 12 - visit Yuki, Ibaraki Prefecture (accompanied by Imperial couple, I think) and memorial concert

Apparently, visits to Belgium by the Imperial and CP couple were considered but dropped due to terrorist attacks.

Reactions: eya

Short video of KIng Baudouin's and Queen Fabiola's visit to Japan in 1964.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhytSHgy7E

Another video of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola apparently arriving in Tokyo after leaving from some unclear location. Interestingly, bowing and curtsying to KIng and Queen are still observed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPji_JdBpY

Last edited:
The King is going alone and Mr Didier Renders , our Minister of Foreign Affairs is not able to attend . He has to stay in Belgium for belgian politic urgent affairs.(our Budget)
Who will go with the King ? a Minister of State ?. That will be the first time.

The King is going alone and Mr Didier Renders , our Minister of Foreign Affairs is not able to attend . He has to stay in Belgium for belgian politic urgent affairs.(our Budget)

when you say alone do you mean that queen mathilde isn't going with him or you were talking about politicians ?

It will be an odd visit.

It will be an odd visit.

"Odd" in which regard, please?

I´m very much looking forward to this particular visit. Other than the Cambridges to Canada there´ll be lots of bling bling and monarchial glamour.;)

Last edited:
The Queens seems to wear a quiet big multicoloured broosh at the arrival. Has shew woorn it before? Or is it something new?

She has worn it before in Davos in 2015.

Thanks for the photos!
I am surprised the the Imperial family did not send Crown Princely couple to meet King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the airport.

Thanks for the photos!
I am surprised the the Imperial family did not send Crown Princely couple to meet King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the airport.
Probably because the official welcome ceremony will be tomorrow and not direct after the arrival.
Is there anything known if CP Masako will atttend the State Banquet tomorrow.

Last edited:
:previous:
I can not find anything about Crown Princess Masako's possible attendance.

thank you for including these pictures. always nice to see
:flowers:

Reactions: eya
According to Mainichi, CP Masako attended the welcoming ceremony. Google translation:
Welcome event of the Belgian Philippe royal couple who came to Japan as a state guest is 11 days, the Imperial Palace, the palace Higashiniwa, the Emperor, the Empress and Crown Prince and his wife was attended.
[…]
11 days in the evening, hosted the royal court banquet at the Imperial Palace.
She attended the official banquet for the Filipino President last year so it's possible she’ll attend tonight. Not sure if any announcement was made that time.

Some welcoming ceremony photos and video:
http://www.asahicom.jp/articles/images/AS20161011001074_comm.jpg

small Sankei, Asahi galleries

news.tbs.co.jp, fnn-news, NHK, and ANN videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubz_A4qd3Zw

ETA: added fnn-news, NHK, and Asahi links

ETA2: Accueil officiel des souverains belges à Tokyo - Noblesse & Royautés

Last edited:
Last edited:

A short additional article with pics of the welcome ceremony:

** dailymail: Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde visiting Japan **

A gallery of the first events:

** pm: Mathilde et Philippe sont arrivés au Japon **

A gallery of day 2:

** belga gallery: JAPAN ROYALS STATE VISIT DAY 2 **

And a Twitter pic of the state banquet!

The Palace also released a copy of the speech King Philippe held at the banquet today:

** monarchie.be: Speech by His Majesty the King of the Belgians at the State Banquet **

Last edited:
Very good to see the Crownprincess attending.

I´m really surprised the Queen wore this small, not very spectacular tiara for a visit in an empire. But I guess she knew beforehand the Empress didn´t wear one once again so she didn´t want to "show off"?!
The empress not wearing a tiara possibly because of health reasons might be understandable - but she didn´t wear any decorations at a state banquet while everyone else did, because....?!?

Back
Top Bottom