2009 Election - Conservative Party Unseated

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotAPretender

Courtier
City
WPB FL/Muttontown NY
Country
United States
As reported in today's news, the 55-year "reign" of the Conservative Party's power in Japan has been overturned by the electorate.

Does anyone have any insight into how this might affect the RF, especially with regard to the IHA and their control of the Royal Family?

Thanks!

I do not think that the change in the political arena will prompt any significant changes in the IHA or their control over the Imperial royal family.

:previous:

I agree that the change is unlikely to have significant effect on IHA's influence over the Imperial Family. However, there is a chance this new Government will go ahead with changes in Constitution (abandoned after Prince Hisahito's birth).
It will be interesting to see what course the new Government takes on the succession issue.

Thanks for the replies. It seems impossible to believe that one party dominated the political landscape for so long in a democracy.

Marsel, I'm very intrigued on the issue of the succession with regard to the new party in power. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone here - I think the new government will have a huge number of other more political/administrative issues to attend to before considering any changes concerning the Imperial Family or the IHA.

However, I understand that the IHA is a governmental body/department looking after the Imperial Family and is run by a very conservative, "old school" way of thinking, and so it is not inconceivable that changes in the way the IHA is run or perform their job may occur at some point in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom