The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Man she likes tight dresses. Still 3 months to go, not sure what’s she going to do. Seen some comments it looks like something Kim Kardashian would wear.

Don’t like today’s look at all.

Last edited:
WOW! That is some bump! Hair much better down IMO. Waiting to see the dress underneath without the coat. Shoes and bag are on point!

I am pretty sure she wore that coat when she went to Sussex.

Gads that hair....stringy and dirty looking.....if this is called stylish then she needs help. At least comb it or wear a ponytail in this weather. Shoes and purse are great as is the coat which I love. The dress, is a mess, way to tight and short....who needs to see legs when pregnant as we all know we have legs.
And is is my opinion which we all have .........enough said!

Fantastic coat, happy to see again. Liked better over the separates though.

Pretty dress. I don't see anything too short about it. Don't need to be knee length. A bit tight.

Great coat and shoes.

Different seeing her hair down. I prefer up, looks messy in this weather.

Man she likes tight dresses. Still 3 months to go, not sure what’s she going to do. Seen some comments it looks like something Kim Kardashian would wear.

Don’t like today’s look at all.

Nope! She looks great!

I think Meghan looks lovely. IMO she looks fabulous in cream. Love the coat, shoes and the dress. People wear maternity dresses tight now. And to see her hair down is quite unusual nowadays. Makes a nice change. It doesn't look dirty or badly combed or anything. The dress costs virtually nothing, so the DM can't moan about costs and the coat is a repeat.

I love the coat. Not a fan of the dress though. As others have noted, it’s a bit tight and she seemed to struggle with it a bit when she was sitting down.

I think Meghan looks lovely. IMO she looks fabulous in cream. Love the coat, shoes and the dress. People wear maternity dresses tight now. And to see her hair down is quite unusual nowadays. Makes a nice change. It doesn't look dirty or badly combed or anything. The dress costs virtually nothing, so the DM can't moan about costs and the coat is a repeat.

You KNOW they wouldn't care and will count the coat. :lol:

BTW, I almost didn't recognize the coat. I could've swore the color was lighter, but I guess that's because she paired it differently.

ETA: Actually DM is now claiming it's custom as it is so old that it's no longer available for sale. :lol:

Last edited:
Meghan looks great in this color! Love the coat and the shoes. The dress is way too tight. Yes, pregnant women are wearing form-fitting clothing, but this dress pulls and creases in multiple places in a very ungraceful way. Either she is growing so fast that her clothing choices can't keep up so everything looks like she's about to explode out of it--in which case she has my total sympathy--or she likes the way it looks. It makes the dress look cheap. The style of the dress itself is very nice, I'd just like to see it in a more flattering size.

Meghan looks lovely today.

If we're going to talk about opinions, then in my opinion: Her hair is fine and isn't any messier than Maxima's was yesterday; and her dress isn't any tighter than Kate's pants were yesterday.

and her dress isn't any tighter than Kate's pants were yesterday.

I don't really see the comparison, skinny jeans/jeggings are tight on anyone. Meghan has chosen to wear a dress that is tight fitted on her body.

Meghan looks nice, I appreciate the wearing of H&M, a high street Spanish based retailer. The coat is clearly a wardrobe staple piece for her.

I would have much preferred if we had seen the cream coat with the purple dress, and the red coat with this cream dress. It would have elevated both outfits so well.

The bag is Stella McCartney, I have consistently hated that style of bag with the large bulky gold chains for anyone not just Meghan.

Last edited:
The dress looks like it's rusched on the side. Even on the models, you can see the sides.

The dress is way too tight. Yes, pregnant women are wearing form-fitting clothing, but this dress pulls and creases in multiple places in a very ungraceful way. Either she is growing so fast that her clothing choices can't keep up so everything looks like she's about to explode out of it--in which case she has my total sympathy--or she likes the way it looks. It makes the dress look cheap. The style of the dress itself is very nice, I'd just like to see it in a more flattering size.

Much agreed. I love the style and even the color of this dress but it should have been purchased a size or two larger. It seems that Meghan may be struggling a bit with knowing when to purchase a size larger than she normally wears since we've now seen several outfits that appear to be too tight.

As for the outfit itself, as I said, I love the style and color of the dress. I would have preferred it with a darker coat, maybe something in burgundy or even gray. I like the style of the coat, much better than the bathrobe style coats that she's so fond of. And with the right dress this coat would be lovely. I'm just not a big fan of the cream on cream. The color of the shoes is great, I just personally don't care for slingbacks at all, ever, on anyone. Her hair...while it's a nice change to see it down, I still prefer the half up/half down styles on her and that would have looked nice with this dress.

Overall, definitely not her worst outfit but not her best, either. And, like most of her outfits, I find myself really liking a couple of pieces, really not caring at all for others, and still others wishing were paired with something else to really make them shine.

The dress looks like it's rusched on the side. Even on the models, you can see the sides.

Yep there is a close up image on the H&M website of it. I can't link it thought, i tried! Ha.
:flowers:

I understand the opinions about the hair and about the tight dress. But I think she looks so lovely.

Her baby bump is so pretty, always loved those round bumps on pregnant women (CUTE). And NOT BLACK! She looks really nice in cream colors, I think it favors her a lot because of her skin color. Usually cream neutral colors don't favor women with light-skin because it washes them out. Love the coat and as always love her shoes.

Can't wait for tonight, which I think it will be a black/dark outfit.

For me she looks lovely! The colour suits her good, Not fan of the handbag. Just for me how she does it with no tights , it is cold! wonder why she does not use them?

Yep there is a close up image on the H&M website of it. I can't link it thought, i tried! Ha.
:flowers:

Someone did above thread. This thread tends to move pretty fast, so you might have to scroll back and look closely. :lol:

She just looks awful. Dress is rolling and wrinkling in the wrong places because it is so tight it has no room to give. Hair is meh but it would look better pulled back. That dress needs to be tossed in the fire and burned, it makes her look stuffed in to it and like she’s carrying quadruplets.

I thought Meghan look pretty good today. Personally, I like slingbacks. Didn't love chains on the handbag. I agree with those who thought her dress was too tight but as someone said maybe she is having trouble keeping up with her size changes. I know this is going to be unpopular but say what you will about maternity wear of old, at least the fuller styles could be worn for longer than five minutes and didn't make you look like you were about to explode.

I usually like how she looks but today isn't a hit for me. I love the coat but the dress style is too tight over the bump for my taste (this might be generational as I'm old enough to be her Mum). The pale tones are lovely on her but her bare legs don't look right for winter. Her hair is a mess today IMO.

Just looking at what Meghan was wearing, it seemed apparent to me that she wasn't going to be getting overly involved with the animals on this visit but it was mostly a meet and greet kind of thing for which she was appropriately dressed.

I am not a fan whatsoever of tight maternity clothes but that's just me. The entire look was great though. Relaxed, comfortable and at ease . As far as Meghan's hair, its her relaxed style and not moussed and sprayed and over styled but natural. I much prefer this to hairstyles that look salon created.

Back
Top Bottom