The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice white dress, but it would be better with a scarf or necklace.

I can see though, why she wouldn't want to upstage Diana's butterfly earrings.

I really like the green dress on her, I think the shirtwaist style is flattering to her. I wish she’d lower her heels though, she could still do a heel but not so high. she looked so cute in flats yesterday.

As I said earlier in the thread, the white dress was lovely, but while I always love green on Meghan, I'm not really liking some of the detail on this green dress. I need some better photos, but it almost seems too fussy for her. Off to look for more and clearer photos.

Okay, now I've seen it in more detail, I realize that what I am not liking is the combination of the diagonal seaming that goes from the edge of the cap sleeve down the bodice, plus the little inset pocket, plus the buttons. In some photos it makes for a kind of bulky, puffy look at the top of the bodice. I like the pleating and the collar, and as always the color is great. On the other hand, I can see why this silhouette was chosen because it is certainly more forgiving of a changing figure, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this kind of style. Packing for a 2 week tour when you don't know for sure what your body is going to look or feel like must be quite the challenge.

Last edited:
I thought the white dress was gorgeous, but the green dress just wasn’t doing anything for her. I do think it would’ve been prettier in another color. Red is such a great color on her.

I loved the bracelet and earrings from Diana. They fit her jewelry style well.

At first glance, I didn't like the green dress, but it's growing on me, VERY SLOWLY. I think this kind of design on dresses look better in brighter colours, hence why the red is so eye catching, but I can't imagine the DoS in the red version of this, as I think SHE would feel overwhelmed in it. I know that she has worn red in the past, but that was a simple fit and flare dress with no pleats or caps. If it wasn't going to be the day white dress, then it was going to be this dress that showcased that she is pregnant.

I agree. I can't see her in that red. It's way too girly. And yea, there is no hiding it anymore unless she wants to live in baggy coats. :lol:

It must have been nightmarish planning the wardrobe for this tour. I mean she's pregnant but whose to know if shes going to carry high or low, not show much or pop out immediately.

No wonder she's happy to have Jessica around.

I thought the same thing. Wardrobe planning must have been very difficult.

Her white dress is lovely. I haven’t gotten a good enough look at the green yet, but I’m not a huge fan of the mini cape. The color is nice though.

Looking at her- they really had to announce. All you have to do is look at her, especially from the side. And any comparison from several months ago drives it home too.

Last edited:
Meghan will never win color wise. Even when she wears color people complain not right one. Some people don't wear circus tents of color. A beautiful dark green is perfect for autumn.

I love the color and over all design of the dress :flowers:

But there is something about the fabric which isn't working for me.

I love the trench coat from earlier ?

I looked at the dress more and i think it’s a little long. It looks kind of dowdy this length. I would have worn it shorter and in red because I LOVE a red dress

Nice white dress, but it would be better with a scarf or necklace.

I can see though, why she wouldn't want to upstage Diana's butterfly earrings.
Actually , I glad the lines were kept clean and there were no necklace or scarf.

I really like the green dress..shape/style and color..very nice.

LaRae

Love the color, love the skirt but not sure about the cape. I don't mind cape but I just don't like this one

The trench coat from yesterday has finally been identified as Martin Grant. An Australian designer based in Paris.

I love the dress, I mean the the white one, and I love when she wa tired she changed her high heels shoes for flats! The green colour is lovely the cape in the back I do not like it but she looks beautiful in all !

Meghan is pretty much dressing as I thought she would. Simple designs and solid colors. She looks great along with being comfortable.

I think we're going to see Meghan in flats a lot more now rather than the high stilleto heels because as her pregnancy advances, flats are easier for her to keep her balance in and helps to cut down on back stress.

Eh, I think she'll stick to the sky scrapers until she absolutely can't, which might not happen at all. She changed into the flats because of the boat ride. I think most people would find it difficult to travel by water in high heels.

Well advanced pregnancy certainly didn't slow down Kate or Pippa, high heels almost to delivery! I suspect Meghan will do the same.

LaRae

I really like her white dress, so pretty! She looks radiant! Not a fan of trench coats, but this one works. The green dress is not that bad IMO, I just don't like the cape.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling the green dress. I like the color, but the style looks off on her.

(..)

And that trench isn't available for sale. Or at least yet. Which is probably good for my pocketbook. But goddamit, I wanted it! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her white dress she loiks pretty not to much her other dark dress i don't like this kind of fabric.

There was a confusion on the jeans earlier. Whether it’s Outland (Aussie) or Outlander (US). #denimgate

Practical and respectable outfit for the day. Missy Higgins let the cat out of the bag that she’s 4 months pregnant. I can even see a little belly when she’s walking down the plane.

I wonder if she's started unbuttoning the top button of her jeans yet?

I tend not to like those longer jackets, but Meghan wears this one very well. I thought she looked great, and very appropriate for the day.

And Meghan and Harry with kids, so cute.

I like what she’s wearing today. Comfortable and classic.

The kids are adorable and so are their interactions with Harry and Meghan.

Outland Denim benefits women that were victims of sex trafficking in Cambodia.

Outland Denim benefits women that were victims of sex trafficking in Cambodia.

Yeah, just heard that - what an incredible cause. I have to look into this brand. You can never have too many jeans and if they don't ship to us, I'll be heading to AUS in the spring anyway. haha

She looks great. Love the casual look. Fantastic coat. :flowers:

Love the brand of jeans and the support for trafficking victims. Great to see Meghan in them. ?

Meghan looks lovely today. Very practical with low heels on the boots and a casual jacket, white shirt and great jeans. She sat quite comfortably with her sleeves rolled up. The people at the gate were overwhelmed when the couple stopped and talked, took flowers etc. 'A once in a lifetime experience!' one woman said. Now, please storm, hold off!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom