The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2018 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
The shoes are a repeat from The Queen's Young Leaders award.

Is LBD a label or just the acronym for little black dress?

LaRae

Hmmm so no designer given yet....I think the earrings are new but the shoes we have seen before.

I really like this square neckline on her too. Again, really like the whole look!

LaRae

Are they really going to keep us waiting with this?

I think it's cute his tie matches her dress again (like the dark green earlier).

Waiting on earring ID.

LaRae

;) Ah look at that - Strathberry bag and now EW dress.

It looks to be a piece from her AW18 collection, the same style belt is used across that collection.

The Duchess is quite forgiving.

When she said she didn't read the what was written about her, I guess she was not lying. She is a better person than I am and looked absolutely smashing (although I feel like this length of dress is not what fits her best but it was definitely proper for the occasion).

When she said she didn't read the what was written about her, I guess she was not lying. She is a better person than I am and looked absolutely smashing (although I feel like this length of dress is not what fits her best but it was definitely proper for the occasion).

I will say that when the news broke and then the subsequent apology came, the thought did cross my mind that she might still wear an EW at some point. Still very unprofessional of EW, hope she learned her lesson.

Anyways, back to the fashion. One thing about this dress that bothers me is the neckline. EW does this a lot on her dresses where the neckline just looks too square. Other than that, I actually like the length of it. I think Meghan carries it off well with her thin and long legs. The generally trend is the lower hemline in the last couple of years, and I'm happy to see that.

A British designer. Now everyone can sit back and relax. [emoji6]

She looks smashing as per usual. I really do like that skirt length on her.

A British designer. Now everyone can sit back and relax. [emoji6]

She looks smashing as per usual. I really do like that skirt length on her.

A kiwi, based in the UK ;) ;) But I am glad she's wearing a commonwealth designer.

Yes, finally a British designer for all here....:lol:

I love the dress, it is so elegant and chic on Meghan, made for her it seems. Love the length and the neckline as all is properly hidden as it should be. If only now a small brooch to finish it off. Love the shoes and hair is sooooooo 40's, reminds me of Veronica Lake films in Hollywood. Just absolutely gorgeous today!

A kiwi, based in the UK ;) ;) But I am glad she's wearing a commonwealth designer.

Well at least she’s based in the UK. Meghan should get some points for that. Perhaps not full credit, but still.... she got part of it right. [emoji16]

Well at least she’s based in the UK. Meghan should get some points for that. Perhaps not full credit, but still.... she got part of it right. [emoji16]

I don't think Commonwealth designer is a problem. If she's limited to just UK, there really is a slim picking for all the royal women in the BRF. She wore a lot of Canadian fashion during engagement as well. Most of which were established relationships from her time living in Toronto.

The Strathberry purse (from earlier today) is a Commonwealth designer too I think!

LaRae

I honestly don’t think any of it is a problem. It’s nice if some of the designers are independent and British, mainly because they can often use some support, but other than that I really don’t care. If her clothes make happy it’s all that matters.

Oh no a commonwealth designer is great! I just made the definition between British and Kiwi, I feel Emilia maybe a little affronted to be referred to something she isn't. She is purely based in the UK. :flowers:

The Strathberry purse (from earlier today) is a Commonwealth designer too I think!

LaRae

Strathberry founders are based/from Edinburgh so British. ?

Lovely black dress on the duchess tonight in Dublin ,looking very chic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom