The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to say it, another outfit that doesnt fit very well. No fan of leather skirts in general, still nice to see green and not black.
The messy hair, to me it looks unprofessional, every time.

I love this look on her. Love the blouse, the skirt, bag, shoes, hair, everything. She looks awesome.

So the Armani coat was sold out. I believe even before she stepped out. I’m wondering if that’s something she’s had in her closet already and just decided to throw on in the morning if she felt a bit chilly.

I thought this was worn before....The Armani coat.

LaRae

I love this green outfit ! Especially the skirt ! You need a figure like that to wear that !

I like it separately. Not sure I like the blouse and skirt together. Maybe it’s the leather. Love the green though.

I like her coat (a rarity for me so far) and bag.

I thought this was worn before....The Armani coat.

LaRae

Could be. I just don’t recognize it. Like I said, given that this was sold out and done, it’s likely to have been available for awhile.

Love the coat. Not over sized, it's just outer wear. Instead if wearing a warmer coat dress as part of the actual outfit, she wears a coat as that, a coat, not part of the full look.

I love the color and fit of the skirt. Leather us not my favorite though.

I like the top, happy she didn't go matchy matchy with the green top.

Great shoes and purse.

I love the green outfit and the white coat, but not together. The hair is fine to me. The bag is lovely.

Out of curiosity, how small is a coat supposed to be? I thought this was exactly her size.

I think all her clothes today fit her well. I've seen more pics and video clips ...I love the shape and color of the skirt but I'm not a fan of the materials (shirt/skirt) together.

Past that (and her hair..not a fan today) she looks great...love seeing the necklace/bracelet (wish she had earrings on) with the outfit. Harry looks excellent in gray too.

LaRae

Yes, a thumbs up to Harry, who has scrubbed up well today!

I like the coat, blouse and bag. Not as much of a fan of the leather skirt and the shoes for today. The hair is fine IMO.

I really like the emerald green skirt, I don't mind leather except for black leather which gives me a rock-party-night feel. However I really like leather on other colors, especially this green (I personally have a wine leather skirt and a brown-greyish leather dress).

I think the shirt doesn't have the same green tone, but it's not a drastic difference. In some of the photos (maybe because of lightening), they look almost the same color tone.

The rest of the look is nice, not outstanding or memorable, but it's a good one. Nice coat and heels. Lovely bag again.

While I like all of the pieces Meghan was wearing today, I am not sure about them together. The green is great though the blouse and skirt did not seem to go particularly well in some pictures. I willing to chalk that one up to lighting and give it a pass. Loved the coat. My biggest problem is the leather skirt. Leather clothing (dresses, trousers, skirts and some jackets) tend to look like they are made of plastic to my eye.

Big plus to Meghan if she is the one who got Harry out of his navy suit and into the grey one. He looked really good.

I like the look too. Glad she rocked the leather. Very Meghan.

I really love Armani coat. I liked the outfit. Normally, I’m not crazy over green, but I’m very happy that it wasn’t a black outfit!

Meghan looked lovely today and it's nice to hear that her blouse is from And Other Stories as I like the clothes they have in there a lot (just not a fan of their price range! :D) and IIRC CP Victoria and Princess Sofia of Sweden have also worn the brand (it being a Swedish make).

Loved her outfit today. Chique, well put together but never too overly styled. I hate outfits where you can tell the wearer and the stylist probably thought hours over.

I love Meghan's outfit and the leather skirt is a nice surprise. Besides Letizia of Spain has any other royal worn leather on duty?

Last edited:
this very nice look for the Duchess all is very well matched but i prefer the coat on

Lovely outfit - very well put together. Just waiting for an endless stream of comments about messy hair. For the record, I think it looks fine with the released strands softening the style rather than a more severe look.
Looks like most have accepted that "this is Meghan" and hate repeating themselves. But I like it how she styles her hair, it is a very individual choice and it works.
Not really cold enough either for a coat or a leather skirt in the South East.
Judging by the coats and jackets in the crowd its nippy in the shade. I really like her coat and especially the length which is a very retro 1960's car coat 'look'. I also like the way she has paired the leather skirt with an almost slub silk blouse where the finish is sort of matte against the finish of the leather.

The bag is a delight and I am so glad to see she is back with a handbag and not a 'clutch', which IMO belongs with evening wear. I keep seeing it referred to as a "rule" which Meghan is breaking but if it's good enough for HM to carry a handbag, it is definitely not a rule at all.

I love the beautiful green that she is wearing and the coat and shoes looked really well with it. I was fortunate enough to wear the same green all through High School. ?

A very nice look for Meghan today, although I'm not sure I really like the blouse with the skirt, but that's a minor quibble. She wears this shade of green beautifully. The hair is a little messy in some of the photos, but I'm assuming there was some wind, so not a big deal for me.

And you can't beat that beautiful smile.

Very nice color and the skirt length is the most flattering for her, hits her at her calf’s widest which is perfect for her. The hair is too messy and too much touching it for my taste. Don’t like leather clothing on any of the royals. Her makeup is really perfection and good to see Harry in something new and good color for him

The Daily Fail put prices to the clothes. But, if the clothes are borrowed, the Duchess of Sussex would not have bought them! I assume that she is paying a stylist. In fact, I don't think that the Duchess has worn anything twice in public yet and that leads me to believe that the clothes are borrowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Meghan's look today - I'm a huge fan of leather and tone on tone dressing and I loved how she mixed three textures to give a same color outfit a lot of interest and polish.

I'm not bothered by her hair - I think wearing some of it loose keeps the look natural and soft. It also makes her seem more accessible and down to earth.

I've loved all of Meghan's recent looks - she's clearly going for a clean architectural style that is still approachable. I love it.

And I have that skirt, lol. I'm debating on whether or not to get a burgundy one too... decisions... Gabriela Hearst has that bag in all kinds of buttery leathers, but also a burgundy satin... :D

It's taking all of my willpower not to get two bags right now. *must resist* *chants: you don't have to buy it because DoS bought it, you don't have to buy it because DoS bought it* :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom