The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The duchess looks fantastic today lovely elegant dress!

It has the denim look, but much softer material. I have a dress that's similar. You get the denim look without the hard and thick material.

Yes as that is a pretty soft denim look so like my jeans and they are a favorite or mine and the sun glasses, what the heck is wrong with those sunglasses? I see women here of all sizes wearing the same.....mine are smaller as the big ones fall off my faces....LOL.....so those glasses have been around for decades now long before Meghan was even born.......some need to get over themselves!
:lol:

I'm neutral about the dress, but it is suitable for the type of event.

I wish she'd change her hairstyle because I think it does look messy, and I agree the heels look silly at a polo match.

Last edited:
Pretty dress but the fabric cheapens it to me. And a brighter or lighter color would be more appropriate for the event/season. Stilettos look out of place (..) Hair is messy - strategically placed hair pins would easily take care of flyaway strands, but I guess that's the look she's going for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her whole look. Very summery and relaxed, suitable for the event. And I see no problem with her hair.

What a nice look! Actually, a lovely look, minus the shoes, which from a practical level look too high for the event, and too dressy for the dress. But that's a very minor quibble.

I also think the fabric looks very cool and fresh--almost like there is a bit of linen in it to give it texture, without the crumpled look of linen. The style is perfect on her. Carolina Herrera is very, very good on her, as it is on another very small-boned royal, Queen Letizia.

And, if she is going to wear non-UK fashion (which she clearly is) a polo match seems like the right place, so no raised eyebrow from me this time around.

If I were scoring her fashion, Meghan gets a good, strong 9/10 for this one.

I love the dress for this event. One of the best fitting dresses I've seen on the Duchess. Hair, makeup and shoes are good also. Can't find anything to "nit pick" over on this outfit.

I like the dress but would have worn red wedge espadrilles.

Meghan looks lovely today - a very beautiful dress and I think the shoes match perfectly well with it.

Oh I adore that chambray dress. Quite lovely. I'm "meh" on the shoes, and will give her pass since she was presenting the trophies afterwards.

Regarding the hair, her hair looked no more "messy" than others at the event who had their hair down and flying all over the place, so there you have it.

Overall, I really like this semi-casual look for her. She seems to do these best.

I am loving this outfit on her. Those sunglasses are gorgeous on her (not too big!), the dress it very flattering and suits her perfectly and the shoes and cluth goes great with it.

Big thumps up to Meghan!

I love the dress for this event. One of the best fitting dresses I've seen on the Duchess. Hair, makeup and shoes are good also. Can't find anything to "nit pick" over on this outfit.

Neither can I. The dress fits her like a glove, almost like it was sewn on. Her gorgeous face is lightly made up...you can even see that she has freckles!

She and Harry are a great couple, imo.?

The thread has been cleaned up again. There's no need to fight about race (again!) and it is disrespectful to use nicknames. Comments and posts that accused the Duchess of Sussex of being conceited have been removed as well. Please stay respectful towards the people you discuss and towards each other!

She looks great! I do not understand the desire to brand Meghan "Hollywood" when she spent the most successful years of her carer in Canada!

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
that's very elegant dress the Duchess looks wonderful i find the sunglasses great add overally it's very very successful

I really liked everything about Meghan's look today. The dress, the shoes, the clutch, the sunglasses all combined to make for a very fresh and fashionable look. Her hair was just fine too, it wasn't even particularly "messy" imo. I thought she looked lovely.

Last edited:
The dress is nice and suitable for a polo event (looks super warm though in this heat) but I fail to see why you'd wear stiletto heels to a grassy polo event.

I love those earrings too...like to have them!

LaRae

Yes, the earrings are lovely as well.

I'm confused by the objection to wearing heels at a polo event. I've seen more than a few women wearing them at such events, including Kate.

Yeah I don't know what the objection is either...most of the upper scale equestrian events you will see women dressed up in all kinds of heels and dresses etc.

LaRae

How many times will I use the word "perfect" here ? Here I go once more : perfect look !

Yes, the earrings are lovely as well.

I'm confused by the objection to wearing heels at a polo event. I've seen more than a few women wearing them at such events, including Kate.
Yeah and I object then as well. Nobody really wants their heels sinking into the grass all the time. It's a waste of a good shoe, considering they end up stained to sh.t forever.

Yeah and I object then as well. Nobody really wants their heels sinking into the grass all the time. It's a waste of a good shoe, considering they end up stained to sh.t forever.

I thought about that, but it looks like the ground there is pretty firm.

Part of the time they were walking on a roll of carpet too.

LaRae

Meghan apparently likes heels, particularly for public events. It seems to me that she's also consciously wanting to bring her height up closer to Harry. Well, at least past his shoulders. Without heels Meghan reaches to Harry's shoulders and a bit slightly past. With heels she's brought up more past his shoulders and closer to his face.

I notice that Nacho Figueras' wife is tall, as she's wearing more of a flat shoe, and she's still taller than Meghan, and almost a slight bit taller than her husband, Nacho.

I like what Meghan is wearing. The color suits her, and the material must be very comfortable. I'm surprised she isn't wearing a hat. But I suppose she has on a lot of sunscreen to protect her skin. Her facial freckles seem very prominent in some photos. She definitely appears at ease and still on Cloud 9 in her relationship. I still think her sartorial stride hasn't been reached yet.

It doesn't really matter, but I just don't care for Duchess Meghan's consistent decision to go with very long hemlines on most of her dresses. She could have stood to allow the hemline length on this recent navy dress to be a tad bit higher. She carries off everything she wears with grace and elegance, but I just don't think all the long hemline lengths for practically every dress is that flattering for her. Some of the lengths that are mid to midi to maxi work very well: the olive green christening attire; the forest green A-line skirt worn on the plane to Dublin; the LBD by Emilia Wickstead at the garden party in Dublin; the yellow sleeveless A-line dress with a back slit by an American designer. And the stone green or gray dress to meet the Irish president and his wife was a nice length.

I also think the RAF ceremony dark navy dress' length was perfect. I liked both post-wedding blush pink dresses Meghan wore (BP garden party and TTC respectively - we just didn't get to see the length on the Caroline Herrera TTC dress). Also the green kick skirt with ruffled hem that Meghan wore to Ireland in March was just right. Even the maxi dress with asymmetrical hemline to Royal Ascot was fine, but I didn't care too much for the all-over white and some of the dress' styling. Still it worked okay, and the hat she wore to Royal Ascot was gorgeous. I also loved the stunning Jackie O Black Halo dress Meghan wore to a Commonwealth reception in April. But many of her other dresses have been so consistently long length. And some of them in particular do not hit her legs at a particularly enhancing level when they go too low. Particularly poor in terms of length was the lovely black suit Meghan wore to one of the Commonwealth service events with William and Harry. That particular suit comes in shorter lengths, and I think a shorter length would have looked better on Meghan. The fabric was gorgeous.

Also the long hemline lengths are a bit too conservative for me, when we know these lengths are really not and haven't been Meghan's style. It makes me wonder if she's overly conscious of her legs. Or perhaps she's focused right now on playing it safe on the conservative side, so as not to be accused of being too Hollywood. I certainly do not expect her to go to anywhere near mini or too high, but she's going so low past the knees consistently, and I don't always find such longer lengths flattering on her. Just below the knees or even a tad longer than that is fine for most outfits. And of course longer when warranted by the cut and style, such as with the Emilia Wickstead LBD. Meanwhile, I love Meghan's variety of different styles in pantswear.

Of course all my sartorial chatter is just that. Meghan is probably not over-focused on dress lengths. She's likely more focused on managing the logistics of her new life and on putting together suitable clothers for her upcoming overseas trips, with an eye to what they will be doing and what the weather will be like. She's surely also especially keeping a focus on her relationship, and on the important charitable work she's planning behind-the-scenes.

Skirts in general has trended to be longer in recent years, which in my opinion, isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was afraid where it would go when the dresses kept getting shorter and the necklines kept going lower. If you watched Suits, you would also notice that trend starting to happen as the seasons went on. A lot of Meghan's clothing actually reminds me of what a posh and fashionable executive would wear, so I'm not complaining. It has a power look rather than very girly one, yet it remains feminine.

I am a woman who never wears heels even when dressed up, but I see no issue. :ermm:

Cute pair of shoes, not like she is playing sports. I would much rather these then another pair of espadrilles. :cool:

I love the dress. Its very summery and light looking. I don't get the whole 'have to wear bright in summer'. Its the style not color that makes it seasonable.

Great look over all :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom