The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Oh yes I think it is wonderful to see all the new styles that Meghan will be wearing in the future....that is something I look forward to with much glee. I do not like everything of hers yet she has very good taste in clothes and purses of course. I do not think things have to be perfect on her all the time, as like the messy bun, I love that messy bun, I wear it daily as my lifestyle does not require royal events....:lol::lol: so it is my go to hair for running around town. I am so waiting for evening events with gowns and tiaras someday.......that is the icing on the cake for me....so Meghan dear, bring it all on here for us....:lol::lol::flowers:

Oh yes I think it is wonderful to see all the new styles that Meghan will be wearing in the future....that is something I look forward to with much glee. I do not like everything of hers yet she has very good taste in clothes and purses of course. I do not think things have to be perfect on her all the time, as like the messy bun, I love that messy bun, I wear it daily as my lifestyle does not require royal events....:lol::lol: so it is my go to hair for running around town. I am so waiting for evening events with gowns and tiaras someday.......that is the icing on the cake for me....so Meghan dear, bring it all on here for us....:lol::lol::flowers:

I really like the looser hairstyles on her, too. I think she needs to strategically deploy the tighter buns/sleeker updos when it’s really windy, I think she needs to reign in the fiddling that she does with her hair when all or parts of it are down, but I honestly don’t find these hairstyles truly “messy,” even if that’s the standard term of the moment for updos with loose bits, and I think the softness of those styles suits her face.

Yes your very right, it does bring a pretty softness to her face with the loose wisps of hair....that is just natural for all of us women that at times have hair not obeying where we want it to go....:lol:

Sick and tired of the “messy bun “ . Meghan s natural hair texture is very curly so she will always have the hair style problem to deal with .

As someone with natually thick/curly hair, I'm not sure what you mean by this. I don't think she has any hair style problem.

I can't say i like the trensh/dress without sleeves but the color is nice as the bag the only problem the outfit looks big on her i rhink she is too thin to pull it of

Meghan ready to watch Harry play in the charity polo match today.

Caroline Herrara dress
Meghan is wearing a new pair of Aquazzura Deneuve Bow Pump but in a nude colour.
Meghan's earrings are the Bee Chic collection from @Birks, in blue topaz (tentatively).
Fan Rattan clutch by JCrew

I love everything except the purse. The oversized 'Jackie' style sunglasses seem to be making a comeback.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 -

Love the style of the dress and shoes, the sunglasses are too big for her face IMO and I wish it wasn’t navy!

- here’s a twitter link as that picture might get removed.

The dress is cute but she really needs to learn how to do her hair or hire a better stylist

Meghan ready to watch Harry play in the charity polo match today.

Caroline Herrara dress
Meghan is wearing a new pair of Aquazzura Deneuve Bow Pump but in a nude colour.
Meghan's earrings are the Bee Chic collection from @Birks, in blue topaz (tentatively).
Fan Rattan clutch by JCrew
Lovely dress. I just wish that:

A) it was a lighter colour, given the weather

B) Was a British fashion label, and not yet another foreign brand!

I think the stiletto heels look ridiculous, especially as the two other women are wearing sensible shoes.

I think the stiletto heels look ridiculous, especially as the two other women are wearing sensible shoes.
I don't have a problem with the heels, but perhaps, open shoes may have been better in the weather.

This is a really good silhouette on her. As for the shoes, it's not as if she's playing sports in high heels. As long as she can walk, which she seems to be able to from what I'm seeing, who cares. They look good.

But don't these people feel hot? I heard it's 100F in London today.

I have the same sunglasses, but in a different color. Were oversized sunglasses ever out of style? That's the only ones I wear. I find the smaller ones silly looking.

Last edited:
The dress is cute but she really needs to learn how to do her hair or hire a better stylist

What’s wrong with her hair? Looks pretty tidy, and it’s certainly a sensible style for a day when the temperature is in the 90’s.

It's not uncommon at all to see women in heels, pretty high ones, at polo matches (from what I have seen).

LaRae

The dress almost looks denim material to me.

LaRae

She looks lovely - love the silhouette on her. Her hair is also looking nice and pretty imo. I actually think that she may have found the products that work for her over here.
They are also matching a little bit. ;)

more pictures HERE

Last edited:

LaRae

It has the denim look, but much softer material. I have a dress that's similar. You get the denim look without the hard and thick material.

I love everything except the purse. The oversized 'Jackie' style sunglasses seem to be making a comeback.

LaRae
To me, the oversized sunglasses are more Hollywood than Brirish Duchess. But that in itself is not inconsistent with her unwavering support for international designer wear that she wears.

It has the denim look, but much softer material. I have a dress that's similar. You get the denim look without the hard and thick material.

Ah..I like it whatever it is. Considering the heat it's probably much cooler than denim.

LaRae

To me, the oversized sunglasses are more Hollywood than Brirish Duchess. But that in itself is not inconsistent with her unwavering support for international designer wear that she wears.

Someone better warn Kate then because she wears them oversized also...oversized sunglasses are worn all over the world by all kinds of women ..it's hardly just a thing done in one part of the US by one group of people.

LaRae

The fabric is called chambray.

Someone better warn Kate then because she wears them oversized also...oversized sunglasses are worn all over the world by all kinds of women ..it's hardly just a thing done in one part of the US by one group of people.

LaRae

Oversized sunglasses also offer more protection for your eyes. That's the main reason I wear them.

I suppose everyone has a different definition of ‘oversized’. I agree with Lumutqueen. Meghan’s glasses look too big for her face.

LaRae

Didn't know I was Hollywood. :lol:

Although, I've seen a lot aviator and smaller sunglasses from Hollywood too that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

What would be a "regal" style sunglasses btw?

They are? I never thought we had Hollywood sunglasses and Royalty sunglasses :neutral::unsure::ermm: I wonder what type of sunglasses are mine...
Sunglasses are worn by everyone, not matter the age, the gender, the social standing, financial status, among many others. There is no type associated with status.

BTW, I like Meghan's look. Love the dress, looks demin to me, but I know it's not. I like the shoes, but I'm not sure I like them with the dress, way to formal.

Last edited:

LaRae
LoL, if I had the time and ability I would post pix of Royal women in oversized glasses.

I do wonder what people want her to do with it? She has shorter strands that will come out at times. It's not messy. I think it's obvious that she has decided not to go to a hair stylist everytime she needs to come out of the house. And there is nothing wrong with it.

I do wonder what people want her to do with it? She has shorter strands that will come out at times. It's not messy. I think it's obvious that she has decided not to go to a hair stylist everytime she needs to come out of the house. And there is nothing wrong with it.

What do people want her to do with it? Well, they will never be satisfied.

I agree, wearing stilettos on turf is ridiculous (..) A sensible flat or block heel would be what a reasonable person would wear. The dress is too dark and somber for a summer day watching polo, also jmo.

Diamond studded perhaps? Oh wait... that's Elton John. Nevermind. [emoji3]

Sunglasses attached to a tiara.
Or sunglasses that are attached to a holder that you bring up to your face occasionally.

LaRae

I very much think the same when I saw pictures of the dress, I love, just love this dress on her, the color, the cut, the style, the fabric, everything about this dress is perfect on Meghan and I would so love to have this dress. I have jeans of the same fabric I bet as the color looks the same as does the fabric. Her hair is also perfect today, no need to formal hair on a polo field, be comfortable in yourself is important I would think. Love the shoes and not crazy about the purse, wish she would go back to some nice held handbags yet both Harry and her look so in love, that is all that matters really!

I like the sunglasses and have seen several royals wearing oversized ones. They'd probably laugh at the thought they are considered 'Hollywood'.

I'm no great fan of navy, but I love the retro look of this chambray dress. Meghan's hair is fine and I also like the shoes. She looks very happy, as well, good to see!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom