The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are too heavy but the wrong shade. She should ask Camilla what colour she wears because you can really see the difference. Nude does not flatter everyone and often looks pallid. (Including on me!)

To be fair to Meghan, it is difficult for POCs to find nylons which match their skin tone as most of them are either beige, white, dark brown, or black.

Maybe a custom pair or two made to match her complexion would be a good investment?

The Duchess of Sussex looked very lovely today,nice neat hairstyle and she pulled of the hat perfectly.

To be fair to Meghan, it is difficult for POCs to find nylons which match their skin tone as most of them are either beige, white, dark brown, or black.

Maybe a custom pair or two made to match her complexion would be a good investment?

There must be stores that have a range of colors, no? Years ago, when my mom used to buy hose, they came in "nude," black and a color called "cinnamon," which was the color all WOC were supposed to wear. I wonder if she even knows how to pick hose. I'd have to give it a lot of thought, as I haven't worn them in almost 15 years.

I expect the hose colour was a deliberate choice to create a blended line with the dress and shoes. I can't criticize it. She is very thin and she has shown in past official outings that she tends to wear more loosely fitted clothes (I am thinking of her blouse/skirt/jacket outfits). I don't particularly like the dress because the sheer sleeves seem to be too bulky, but all in all it is a great look for the occasion. Inevitably a still picture will not show the garment at its best (look at Harry's trousers), and the video gives a better impression.

Love the hat ....and at last her hair looks great in a bun

There must be stores that have a range of colors, no? Years ago, when my mom used to buy hose, they came in "nude," black and a color called "cinnamon," which was the color all WOC were supposed to wear. I wonder if she even knows how to pick hose. I'd have to give it a lot of thought, as I haven't worn them in almost 15 years.

The luxury brands of hose have a broad range of colors, so if Meghan had wanted to match the natural color of her legs she could have done so. To me it looks as though she deliberately chose the lighter color to echo the appearance of her arms and shoulders through the sheer fabric of her dress. It certainly helps present a cohesive picture, so I have no issues with it at all.

The choices available for POC for stockings has evolved. There are easily 10 choices (at least there are at Macy's). It could be the color chosen was deliberate or the brand she has used in the past is not available in the UK so she will need to find an alternative. Or it could be that she is just not used to wearing stockings on a regular. I know when I found my color, it became my to go. I always look for a specific brand and color. When I have to go outside my brand, its always a hit or miss.

To me the outfit is fine, not that excited about the color but its not about Meghan. Since she is a supporting player to today's event, she doesn't need to stand out out. She needs to be seen by the guests but the main focus needs to be on the Princes of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. I think she knows that.

So far well done!
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it all, the dress seems a little ill fitting but I imagine its simply because this was probably purchased well before the wedding (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's just Meghan and the type of her body figure. She's tiny and slim, but looks a bit boxy. It makes the clothes look... off on her.

I like the dress. I don't know why there was such a negative reaction to it on the forum.

A number of off-topic posts have been removed. Please discuss fashion issues only and use the relevant current events/news threads for further topics. And please remember that we don't discuss weight and don't compare and speculate on possible rivalries - thank you for your understanding!

The dress is all right, the stockings strange, the hair and hat perfect, the overall look lovely, appropriate, and as somebody said, "respectful." Well done.

I've always wondered why people think being royal is so awesome. Days after planning a huge wedding watched by god knows how many people around the world who will pick apart every detail about your appearance, you're expected to turn up perfect at an event that honors your father-in-law. What an exhausting life. :D Really, better them than me. In her shoes, I'd go off the grid for a month!

It's a very pretty dress to me. I've seen some video and yes, it does look even better in motion.

Yes the video is better than the still when it comes to how the dress looks.

LaRae

I like the dress. I don't know why there was such a negative reaction to it on the forum.

I think some of it might be people are expecting perfect tailoring and fit down to the 1/16 of an inch? But that's not how all styles are supposed to fit. With this material, I'm not sure it'd be appropriate to be that form fitting.

Brava! Excellent styling. And please can we not whine about her moving off her own style because so many people here have kvetched NO END about no hose, messy hair and separates styling.

My one comment is related to dress design. That flat overlay around the neckline is rolling up because there was not enough bias ease in that overlay. It would not have shown up until she had it on for a while. So don't blame her; blame the designer/cutter.

She is beautiful.

Brava! Excellent styling. And please can we not whine about her moving off her own style because so many people here have kvetched NO END about no hose, messy hair and separates styling.

My one comment is related to dress design. That flat overlay around the neckline is rolling up because there was not enough bias ease in that overlay. It would not have shown up until she had it on for a while. So don't blame her; blame the designer/cutter.

She is beautiful.

She looked every inch a duchess.

Well, I really like the outfit - understated elegance and very light and airy to wear for a sunny garden party. I do particularly like the hat because of the wide brim.

It is nice. Wasn’t sure at first, but in motion, the dress looks nice and comfortable for a sunny day.

As always, classy and beautiful, with perfectly chosen outfit

I love that she is so easily able to walk in those heels on that grass! I'd break an ankle!

LaRae

She held her hat down a couple of times. I've never worn a hat like that before. How do they stay on?

She has definitely stepped it up since her pre marriage engagements and her wedding look; it looks like she actually put in effort. The dress isn't a perfect fit but it still looks good on her. I've been a fan of 90%/ of her hats and this one is no different.

She held her hat down a couple of times. I've never worn a hat like that before. How do they stay on?

I'm going to guess it's a snug fit and she's wearing hatpins.

LaRae

She looked lovely and appropriate.

I was just checking out the clip on Youtube and realised that Meghan's hat is not just chic or elegant, it may not have feathers or bows, but it does have an asymmetrical brim and it's stunning from the side and the back.

I loved the dress "rose pink and taupe" Flavia Dress. A lot of the commentators are calling the dress white!

Yes I'm not sure why they are saying white...I mean maybe in direct sunlight it might wash out..but it's a blushy-beige almost to me.

Her hat is awesome..my favorite thing she has on.

LaRae

:previous: I think we will call all such dresses 'OPRAH' dresses in that while they are one colour, they photograph like white or cream. To be honest, so too did Catherine's primrose coatdress.

One US commentator was wittering on about Meghan's wearing white to her first engagement as HRH The Duchess of Sussex because she got married on Saturday and wants to keep the feeling. :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom