The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I. Actually I have a hard time understanding how anyone would consider this an attractive item of clothing. Please burn it or give it away, Meghan. Harry looks good.

First time I don't like what she's wearing.... not her style....

Oh, no, honey. Very clearly not her style and it shows very obviously.

Let's have a nice appearance in a couple days to purge the memory of this atrocity from our minds.

Last edited:
My god what the hell is this dress. It´s horrible and the little fascinator is a piece of trash. This has got to be the worst outfit I´ve seen her in, ever.

Not good at all. It’s not it her style at all. Hmm .... wonder why she decided to wear this? Oh well, she’s allowed to try different styles.

Wow... Just wow. Really bad choice; I don't think there's anything good about this look. Looks like she's wearing a table cloth and a white lily pad on her head.

I agree.

I'd be willing to bet that this horror is Erdem.
His wallpaper clothes make the prettiest women look frumpy, imo.

And that fascinator looks like wadded-up tissue paper, with no real form at all.

Can't say much about the dress. She forgot to take her bathrobe off ;)

That dress was not a good choice. It just screams too "BIG" everywhere. It would have been lovely if the sleeves were gone or even shorter. Don't even get me started on that atrocious fascinator.

I really wish she would stick to her own style. This was not a good look.

:ohmy:That is really not a good look on Meghan. The dress is too voluminous, the print looks like the the sitting room curtains, and while I can imagine the hat looking good with another dress, the whole thing together is just too much. What happened to our sleek and stylish duchess?

After taking a second and third look at the dress, I think it would look great on someone who is a little more "voluptuous." The sleeves would still have to go, but Meghan is swimming in this all over. She is too tiny to be wearing anything like this. I hope to never see this again. I agree Ista, where is our sleek and stylish Duchess?

Last edited:
What happened to our sleek and stylish duchess?

I suspect this was a [less than successful] attempt to mimic the style of British Summer Weddings. I applaud the Duchess for trying to 'blend in', but NOTHING about it works...

Hmm not at all good and if its Oscar de la Renta it won't have been cheap, not a problem if it looked stunning but for this look...!

My god what the hell is this dress. It´s horrible and the little fascinator is a piece of trash. This has got to be the worst outfit I´ve seen her in, ever.

Definitely a miss for the Duchess of Sussex.

I suspect this was a [less than successful] attempt to mimic the style of British Summer Weddings. I applaud the Duchess for trying to 'blend in', but NOTHING about it works...

I think you are probably right. But, wow. Not a good choice.

No wonder she supposedly doesn't like patterned fabric if this is her idea of a pattern. Too bad, she looks good in baby blue but definitely not in this tent. Points for pulling her hair back/up though.

Don’t like the dress. It’s wearing her. Just too flouncy. Must admit she navigated that near fall like a champ.

Last edited:
It might be Oscar de La Renta but it looks like a bedrobe fitting to the pajamas Benedict Cumberbatch's wife wore to the service for Stephen Hawking at Westminster Cathedral.
Is that fashion now, to look as if they hopped out of bed and putting on the first thing they could grab?
(..)

Definitely a miss for the Duchess of Sussex.

At least she did not upstage the bride... Lady Kitty wore a dress that looked vice versa: too small for her volumptious body. Only that she, like Meghan, has no volumptious body...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan, we are gonna wear something really nice to the Van Strabenzee to forget this ever happened, ok?

I will say that Harry still looking at his wife that even while she’s in that is impressive. :lol: I know a few guys would have a hard time stop laughing.

horrible doesn't quite describe it. fit is awful and that hat looks cheap. the hair is a hot mess. the whole thing is hideous.
the worst part is how much that dress costs. (..) a part of me is just wondering that she is overspending in clothing because she feels she can in her new position.

(..)

The dress is too big on Meghan, but I guess she was going for a relaxed look because it's a family wedding and not a public event. Not able to read her mind, Meghan may have chosen this dress so not to outdo the bride.

What in the ever loving... That atrocious piece of clothing should be burned. I won't even call it a dress. She literally looks like a child that "borrowed" something from her mother's closet. Awful, awful look.

(...)

Her privates clothes are paid through private funds. It has nothing to do with her new position.

I'm thinking we can call this one a miss.

YIKES.....maybe if the dress shorter and a white brimmed hat?

Perhaps the Duchess's famously 'pared down' style is undergoing a transformation in the light of the new influence of the British aristocracy upon her life and connections ?

It 'may take some time' [and mistakes] before she gets it right...

Very bad choice and not her style. Furthermore it looks also wrong size. Too bog for her

Perhaps the Duchess's famously 'pared down' style is undergoing a transformation in the light of the new influence of the British aristocracy upon her life and connections ?

Absolutely agree.

Very bad choice and not her style. Furthermore it looks also wrong size. Too bog for her
I agree too big for her, it one photo where shows the sleeves almost covering half of her hand, horrible

Eh, I don’t see why she’d feel the need to change from her pared down style. There is plenty to be said about clean abd simple lines. Countess Spencer is always chic and usually sticks to clean and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom