The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. Stella suits her. Cute casual look. Perfect for the day :flowers:

Great seeing them together enjoying themselves.

The acting and modeling stats always exaggerate height

True, that's why 5'7" was probably a stretch, and 5'6" or thereabouts is more accurate. Meghan's Mom is 5'4", and Meghan is taller than her mother by at least a couple of inches, so 5'6" is probably more accurate.

It is really nice to see that Meghan's block colour in black and with those gorgeous flat version of my favourite shoes of hers was right on target, black for Invictus. Lovely dress, gorgeous shoes and wonderful smiles.

Perfect dress and shoes for the occasion… sober and elegant

I think it's a smart look for someone still recovering from childbirth.

The flats were very cute too!

LaRae

That's lovely cute little dress i love it and she looks great,the flats are great with the dress too

The Aquazzura flats has a heels version too and Meghan has worn them too. She looks really nice on it

I have decided that I must have a pair if the are available.

I have decided that I must have a pair if the are available.

They are. They’ve been out for awhile. Just check out whatever store that carries Aquazurra near you. I know Nordstrom has it on their website. There is another version that has tassel behind it that’s even cuter.

That's pretty normal for a designer flat and actually quite typical. I've seen some that are about $1,000.

Seems a bit underdressed for Wimbledon.

I love Meghan's look! Very cute.

Pinstripe Blazer, jeans and soft top, a lovely and comfortable choice for watching tennis on a hot London day. Meghan looks great.

Last edited:
Meghan exudes elegance even in jeans. She looks really great

I feel that the jeans are a bit too casual, but I absolutely love her pinstripe blazer, which is a repeat from the Australian tour.

The blazer helps to balance out the casualness of the jeans just a bit. I would have much preferred tapered pants with this look, but overall, she looks nice and comfortable. This is a typical "Meghan" look even before royalty.

Meghan exudes elegance even in jeans. She looks really great

I know it is not centre court or the royal box, but isn't she underdressed compared to the people around her ?

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 4: June 2019 -

I think you have drawn attention to why it is okay that she has ‘dressed down’. She isn’t in the Royal box. I have had the pleasure of attending Wimbledon on quite a few occasions and plenty of people dress casually - especially those who are there for tennis rather than having the opportunity to participate in the corporate hospitality. Meghan would have easily blended in and not drawn particular attention to herself and her friends. That said, from a fashion point of view, I would have liked to see some elegant trousers. But she looks great .

Perfectly dressed for the occasion and I notice she loses her baby weight beautifully !

Blazer too tight in the shoulders and hair too messy, even for the non royal section.

I don't see her under dressed simply by wearing jeans. Nothing dressy about the women with her other then dresses. Not all dresses are dressed up either.

If she was in Royal box I may say needed trousers not jeans but she isn't.

Great blazer and cute top. Jeans are great for tennis match. :flowers:

And for those on her about repeating.....

Jacket is from Australia tour
Hat is old including Wimbledon in the past
Earrings are her Pippa earrings

Last edited:
:previous: It looks to me as if she went to Wimbledon as "Meghan" and not as "The Duchess of Sussex". I love that she went with her friends to enjoy a game of tennis and have a laugh or two with said friends. Her dress is just Meghan and she's not in the Royal Box.

That is not to say that she was not dressed appropriately, I loved her ensemble, especially her blazer even if it no longer fits as well as it used to and her hat which doesn't seem to fit as well as it used to either which would not be surprising if she is still breastfeeding.

Days like this won't come often for Meghan and seeing her sitting in the 'cheap seats' wearing her signature hat and having a ball with two ghosts is pure gold.

:previous: It looks to me as if she went to Wimbledon as "Meghan" and not as "The Duchess of Sussex". I love that she went with her friends to enjoy a game of tennis and have a laugh or two with said friends. Her dress is just Meghan and she's not in the Royal Box.

That is not to say that she was not dressed appropriately, I loved her ensemble, especially her blazer even if it no longer fits as well as it used to and her hat which doesn't seem to fit as well as it used to either which would not be surprising if she is still breastfeeding.

Days like this won't come often for Meghan and seeing her sitting in the 'cheap seats' wearing her signature hat and having a ball with two ghosts is pure gold.

That is how I saw her too. She was just being Meghan. Not the Duchess of Sussex. She looked comfortable to me. The jeans and blazer looked good. I’m glad she got to see Serena win. Think the last 2 times Serena has lost when she was in attendance.

I know it is not centre court or the royal box, but isn't she underdressed compared to the people around her ?

It actually doesn't matter to me. She looks comfortable in that outfit. It would be too much if she opted of a much more formal look when she's surrounded by many people dressing down. And this was not an event in court circular, this was another surprise appearance from her. So I don't think she's underdressed. :D

Casually elegant i like the whole attire, she dtill have few extra baby weight and that suit her

Pinstripe Blazer, jeans and soft top, a lovely and comfortable choice for watching tennis on a hot London day. Meghan looks great.

Yep, Meghan looks like her California Casual self. Easy, no-fuss casual glamour with a relaxed edge of sophistication. Her casual presentation in jeans and white pin-striped jacket with her trusty Panama hat, I think serves as a reminder that she's on maternity leave.

Meghan seems to have a new ease and confidence in every public appearance that was somewhat missing at this time last year, when she apparently was feeling her way sartorially and going through a bit of a difficult summer, combined with trying to conceive.

Going through pregnancy and giving birth has seemed to completely relax and fulfill her. Stylistically, she seemed to begin hitting her stride in early September in the sense that she stopped trying to adhere to conservative notions of how she should dress, coupled with trying to balance her own sartorial identity. By last September, Meghan appeared to have decided not to worry about pleasing others with how she dresses, but simply to please herself and be herself.

At TTC in her go-to navy, Meghan seemed happy and low-key, but Harry seemed a bit on edge. Yet they were both back to sartorial ease and PDA heaven at the recent ballgame. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom