The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
It is OTT, but Camilla carries it so well, I feel. I know I could never get away wearing such an ornate, massive chapeau but she just looks so elegant in it.
The Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands simply are two ladies with an outspoken love for big, bold hats and ladylike gloves, often in combination with outspoken jewels. I like that. They dress like you would expect a royal lady to dress for formal events. The Duchess of Cornwall often seems ready for transportation by time machine to the Reigns of Edward VII and George V.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla wears the Edwardian look with its flamboyant styles very well. With a hat like that, a cape and a rapier, she could also be further transported back in time as one of the Three Muskateers.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimae View Post
superbe Camilla in pink !
i like the way camilla recycle her hats with new outfits , specilay the remarkable hats like this one .
im not sure about the chocker for a morning activity , even i'm a very big lover of this stunning peace , i prefere to be woren in evening.
looks like a complete repeat from Ascot 2009 - just lovely

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...-Day-2-006.jpg
Old 06-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Courtier

This outfit is similar to the the 2010 Trooping of the Colours outfit.
It is the same hat & choker.
(IMO, the stone looks pale purple.)

Trooping the Colours
2005 Cream suit no necklace
2006 (Absent due to father's death)
2007 Gold with string of gold pearls.
2008 Green (repeat from her daughter's wedding minus the fascinator with 3 strand pearl necklace)
2009 Pale blue/aqua suit with her 3 strand pearl choker with aquamarine clasp.)
2010 Pink suit with cream blouse with a rounded collar and 5 strand pearl choker with pale purple stone.
2011 Cream suit with 5 strand pearl choker with pale purple stone.
2012 Pale blue with her 3 strand pearl choker with aquamarine clasp. The hat a repeat from 2009.
2013 Cream suit with 4 strand pearl choker with oval diamond clasp.
2014 Pink suit with cream cream blouse with a V neck collar and 5 strand pearl choker with pale purple stone. Hat a repeat from 2010.

The 2009 Ascot looks like the same outfit from 2010 Trooping the Colours.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Serene Highness

Brand new outfit for Ascot today :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...68_964x631.jpg
Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has it ever been established what the pink stone is? Sapphire, topaz, tourmaline, quartz? It's not a diamond, as they don't come that large in pink.

Her pink suit details (at the shoulders) are unusual and very attractive on her.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Majesty

I love the hat Camilla chose for Ascot.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Has it ever been established what the pink stone is? Sapphire, topaz, tourmaline, quartz? It's not a diamond, as they don't come that large in pink.
Not that I am aware of. Its a great choker, IMO, one of the best of the European RFs
Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post

Her pink suit details (at the shoulders) are unusual and very attractive on her.
It's pink topaz.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Camilla's choker
Old 06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love the hat Camilla chose for Ascot.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app
Me too. Don't care for the outfit, but love the hat.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen is lovely in cream as she arrives to see the royal steeds compete at Royal Ascot | Mail Online

Camilla looks lovely in crème today at Royal Ascot. She has used this jacket previously (not quite sure where). The hat was used at Ascot last year, and then again, in Normandy a few weeks ago for the D-Day commemorations.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla looks wonderful. I love the detailing on the jacket, just gorgeous. Also, can I just give a shout out to Prince Philip, he is so dashing, adore the pink carnation. Two days in a row, he's been my best dressed at Ascot.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Camilla looks wonderful. I love the detailing on the jacket, just gorgeous. Also, can I just give a shout out to Prince Philip, he is so dashing, adore the pink carnation. Two days in a row, he's been my best dressed at Ascot.
It is at formal events like this (the Trooping, Garter day, weddings etc) that Camilla is impeccably turned out. The less formal and more "regular" engagements are where standards can sometimes slip.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Camilla looks lovely in crème today at Royal Ascot. She has used this jacket previously (not quite sure where). The hat was used at Ascot last year, and then again, in Normandy a few weeks ago for the D-Day commemorations.
At fisrt glance i thought it was the same hat too, but in fact it seems to be a different one :

In Normandy

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The 70th Anniversary of D-Day Landings Commemorated - Zimbio

Today

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Royal Ascot 2014 Day Two - Zimbio

An i agree, Cams is at her best in formal.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
At fisrt glance i thought it was the same hat too, but in fact it seems to be a different one :

In Normandy

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The 70th Anniversary of D-Day Landings Commemorated - Zimbio

Today

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Royal Ascot 2014 Day Two - Zimbio
Not sure I can still tell the difference, but if you are convinced, that is good enough for me
Old 06-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

I do think that the brim is different (or was changed). Or mayge it's the angle of the photo ...
Old 06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she wins best-dressed for me today- just because of those rocks!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Camilla is looking great in the cream outfit. It's elegant, and suits her shape.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is OTT, but Camilla carries it so well, I feel. I know I could never get away wearing such an ornate, massive chapeau but she just looks so elegant in it.

Quote:
That choker has got to be my favorite in her collection.
Ah, the Trooping of the Colour and a symphony of hats and ensembles and pretty, pretty baubles. This year I love the whole look and the "massive chapeau" is truely splendid. But, as we all know, the devil is in the detail . . . and what a "detail" it was. After being starved of the sight of this beauty out she popped with her glorious pearl and pink topaz choker and her signature drop pearl earrings.

Then came Day 1 at Ascot and a beautifully restrained blue ensemble that was subtle but nevertheless sported a magnificent chapeau, and finished with one of her favourite pearl chokers with a diamond clasp and her signature pearl drop earrings.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...68_964x631.jpg

Ascot Day 2 and I am in love . . . from the top of her stunning Crème Chapeau throuh her Crème coat offsetting an ivory? dress. Camilla looked magnificent, the colour, the fit and flare of the skirt, the length, just perfect.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...iaITLo_Zkl.jpg

And Hello!! just to tantalise us once more, there was that magnificent Pearl and Pink Topaz choker. But wait a minute, what's that I see . . . she's wearing the matching pearl and pink topaz earrings and it gives the whole ensemble a feeling of warmth.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...11_964x644.jpg

Mmmm. Sublime.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla's old favourites made a return today when she carried out engagements in Wiltshire today. I think this jacket and skirt date back to 2007 or thereabouts.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, is chic in cream at Wiltshire arboretum | Mail Online