The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
:previous: I find the first example is a sort of "fade me into the wallpaper" style and the second is designed for someone like Mary, Marie, Catherine, Letizia, etc. who are young ad svelte.

Camilla is a little more generously endowed than they or the woman wearing the dress. She needs a fully constructed gown.

Who is the lady in the 2nd photo? Love her gown.

roseroyal,
She is the Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmid.

Marg,
I only like the cut of the dress worn by Queen Anne Marie. Queen Anne Marie is a mature woman (born 1946).

The dress worn by the Danish prime minister would need the bodice material to cover Camilla's shoulders so Camilla could wear a regular bra. With most of Camilla's current evening gowns, the shoulders are revealed or covered with lace. This gives Camilla only the option of a strapless bra or a bra sewn into these dresses.

Camilla needs to forgo off the shoulder evening gowns, sheer and lace shoulder evening gowns and spaghettti string straps.

Last edited:
Here are more examples of the same style dress suitable for a mature woman. Lacy bodice, satin skirt. The neckline is higher for the mature woman so she can wear suitable undergarments (bras with straps.)

Queen Elizabeth II and Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - (FILE) Duchess Of Cornwall Turns 65 - Zimbio

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/le...0411/princess-alexandra-l-her-son_3314237.jpg

All lacy dress suitable for mature woman. Note the wide straps and high neckline.
Royal Trip: Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting: Uganda - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Royal Trip: Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting: Uganda - Day 2 - Zimbio
(closeup)

Sculptured collar
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/C...s-110223-Royal-Jewels-elizabeth15.ss_full.jpg

For more than ten years her married name is Camilla Rosemary Mountbatten-Windsor née Shand, best known as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. What is it that Zimbio keeps referring to her with her former husband's name. What a lousy editing. Phew....

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, looked good. The coat was properly fitted and pressed. A serene shade of blue was well-chosen. The hat added an elegantly whimsical touch.

Last edited:
I thought the hat was too large, giving the effect of compressing her outline downwards, effectively "shortening" her.

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, looked good. The coat was properly fitted and pressed. A serene shade of blue was well-chosen. The hat added an elegantly whimsical touch.

"elegantly whimsical touch" :flowers: I love that expression for this hat. I agree.

I do also understand what Valerie Rose said in that the hat gives the impression of shortening Camilla. That might only have been in that photo, though it is definitely a large hat.

I love the shade of blue on Camilla, and I notice that Charles has worn a blue tie in a similar, matching, shade. He often does that. And I love that hemline. I think it flatters all women.

And, it is truly gorgeous. What an absolutely sublime shade of blue. Pastels tend to wash out most older women, but this is a deep, almost warm, blue.

The hat is yet another of her magnificent millinery marvels that she wears with such elan. Oh, how I envy her the opportunity to wear such hats. The clean lines of her coat are and the way it flares into gores is very flattering and it's length, perfect. Not so short as to be inappropriate and not so long as to be dowdy. Really, it's a hard one to get right but this ensemble is right on target. Her soft blue dress seems to be echoing Charles tie and pocket kerchief. (It's so nice when that happens.)

The Duchess of Cornwall looks very elegant in the blue coat. It fits her nicely, and the hat is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess looks so elegant ,do we know who the hat is by?

She looked very elegant, maybe even too much for tha show?

She looked very elegant, maybe even too much for tha show?

I think it was just fine. I do hope she starts to wear brooches a bit more than she does at the moment.

When I first saw this - I thought "worst picture ever," and thought about how much I would have to love someone to have snaps of me like this published.

But then I looked again, and realized she is beautiful. Age and wrinkles can't keep the twinkle out of her eye or that smile from showing through. Beauty may look different at different ages, and we all need to learn this (me included).

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend at the annual Chelsea Flower show... News Photo | Getty Images

Last edited:
:previous: I actually think that's a funny pic, better then others... I've seen worse goofy faces being captured by the cameras:D:flowers:

The Duchess is in green in Galway this morning,I'll post a photo later,HRH was just on the news here!

The Duchess appears to be in an elegant new gown for the State Opening of Parliament today.

:previous: It looks quite stunning and appears to be a variation on her coatdress daywear. It looked like the sleeves near the cuff were embroidered with seed pearls or some such and the "coat" appeared to have embroidery also. But I can't find a photo! :bang:

The photo I saw on twitter her and Charles looked miserable. Didn't think her dress was anything special white dresses all look the same especially when your older

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom