The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

It is a beautiful gown and perfect for this occasion. I like that she has chosen different jewellery - I think the pendant suits the neckline well and it is a wonderful piece.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Nobility

She looks absolutly fab in that dress, and also her (relatively) new haircolour does suit her very well. Much better than the yellowy stuff.

Same would be true for Mette-Marit; less yellow and more sandy would look much better in fotos

Old 11-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Camilla looks lovely and the color is nice especially with the sapphires. But I'm not a huge fan of Vivienne Westwood (never have been). I think there is too much bunching and fabric and takes away from the Duchess. It seems the dress is wearing her and not her wearing the dress.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't get too much into women's fashion because I don't know much about it but I agree. The color is great on Camilla but I think princess gertrude is right, the dress has too much material bunched up together and the dress is wearing her and not her wearing the dress. I remember Camilla wearing this dress before and I don't think it's a good fit for her.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 11-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I can't get too much into women's fashion because I don't know much about it but I agree. The color is great on Camilla but I think princess gertrude is right, the dress has too much material bunched up together and the dress is wearing her and not her wearing the dress. I remember Camilla wearing this dress before and I don't think it's a good fit for her.
It's too big. And the first time she wore it the cleavage was too low. The second time it fit better. The hair and jewelry were fab. Great color!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

The dress is typical Westwood : a lot, lot ,lot of fabric and assymetrical cut. Not my taste either but at least Camilla is patriotic by wearing bristish design...
I think she should stay with Oldfield , who did wonders with clear, classical lines ansd clearly knows how to dress her.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm of two minds about the Westwood gown. At first I thought it just looked like a mess, but I feel that way about most of Westwood's stuff; I prefer simpler lines. However, on reflection, I decided it's fabulous on her. It's daring and modern and I think Camilla has the presence to get away with it. It's certainly an attention-getter and think it makes a statement about her self-confidence. I love the colour and it provides an opportunity to wear those wonderful sapphires. And I like the matching shoes.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe there is a lot of fabric in that gown, but it is such a beautiful cut and color. I think Camilla does have the presence to carry it off well and those sapphires are just divine.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved the dress. So elegant.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

That color looks way better on her than the perennial white/off white/ivory she favors.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla looking smart when she visited ICAP today
Old 12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

Her jacket is very nice and it was a good choice of scarf
Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Patron Of The National Literacy Trust Camilla Duchess

Not sure I am a fan of the dress that Camilla wore to a reception for the National Literacy Trust at CH yesterday. I also don't like the much shorter hair.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

I think I like the hairstyle: it reverses the downward focus of the previous longer hair and puts more emphasis on her face.
Yes. I approve. :)
Old 12-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Courtier

This new hair is great! So much weight off from the frames of her face!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

It's amazing just how much good a simple hair cut cam achieve. The opposite is true as well, but not in this case. WOW!! The new short do has done wonders for Camilla. It's looks like she lost weight instead of simply having her hair cut. It also frames her face much better.

It really suits her. I only hope she keeps it this way.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Not sure I am a fan of the dress that Camilla wore to a reception for the National Literacy Trust at CH yesterday. I also don't like the much shorter hair.
That's the Fonz! (Happy Days, old US TV hit)
Love the do!
Still not a fan of saddlebags on any lady.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

More Camilla staples as she toured Emmaus Hastings and Rother in Hastings on 5 December 5

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 12-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

White yet again *sigh*. Also the fabric is thin enough that you can see the fabric on either side of where the seam is sewn.

While I may not love the hair cut, at least she tried something different!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought the Duchess of Cornwall looked very smart when she welcomed home the 4th Battalion The Rifles and presenting them with medals on their return from Afghanistan.

The coat is lovely, but I do wish she would ditch the dreadful hat.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Welcomes Home The 4Th Battalion

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/454560729

Tags
camilla, camilla's outfits, camillas eveningwear, duchess of cornwall, duchess of cornwall's fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion and style, duchess of cornwall's style