The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 12: December 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 12 of the thread for The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 11: April 2018 - December 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

:previous: Me too and I like the barely black stockings worn for an indoor (if you don't count meeting the Reindeer) occasion. Heavy tights don't flatter with court shoes.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: For the cape.

I'm not a huge fan of the color blocking on the coat, although the color is nice, but I love Camilla's two accessories! :flowers: It's hard to upstage royalty, but they managed without any difficulty at all. And doesn't Camilla look happy!

The Duchess of Cornwall at a reception for Royal Navy Medics at Clarence House yesterday, December 13:

** Upper part **

And during engagements in Wiltshire today, December 14:

** Full view **

Last edited:
It's great to see Camilla again. She looks wonderful in tartan.

Camilla arriving for a a ceremony at Elphinstone Hall, King's College, Aberdeen, today, January 16:

** Full view **

Camilla arriving for a a ceremony at Elphinstone Hall, King's College, Aberdeen, today, January 16:

** Full view **

The coart looks nice, but I have never been a fan of the blouse

This is *not* one of Camilla's better looks. I like the color and I like the tights and shoes but the top is just all wrong around the waist. It tends to accentuate an older woman's midsection more than it enhances it.

Its the first thing I noticed because, frankly, my midsection isn't anything to write home about either and this kind of top sends me back to the closet after looking in the mirror. ;)

This is *not* one of Camilla's better looks. I like the color and I like the tights and shoes but the top is just all wrong around the waist. It tends to accentuate an older woman's midsection more than it enhances it.

Its the first thing I noticed because, frankly, my midsection isn't anything to write home about either and this kind of top sends me back to the closet after looking in the mirror. ;)

I am afraid this, and a few similar ensembles, are a legacy of her Bruce Oldfield years in between. I think she is now safely back with Anna Valentine, so normal order has been restored.

Thanks for the info, Muriel. ?

I really love this color on her! And I actually like the jacket on its own. But I agree something about the fit doesn’t sit quite right.

I'll volunteer to be the outlier. I actually like this. Although it isn't a favorite, I like the color on Camilla, and although the cut of the jacket doesn't give her a wasp waist, she at least looks like she has a waist. Camilla also has lovely legs, and the shape of the skirt highlights that.

Last edited:
I like this look from Camilla too. The colour is gorgeous on her and I agree that the cut makes her look very elegant.

I saw a news clip and I have to admit it looks 100% better than those photos. That being said, I thought she looked really good, had an absolute blast dancing and I loved her very, very, elegant green handbag. It suited both the ensemble and her very well as indeed does the colour.

Isn't economy a blast? Surprises in store for everyone.

The color is great and the style actually suits her :flowers:

But this particular one doesn't fit perfectly. She has at least one similar one that looks better/fits better.

I like the added pop of color of a scarf.

What I love about Camilla most is her down to earth way of approaching things. I don't think it matters that each article of clothing she wears is exactly right and has the right label or such. I am tending to believe that with Camilla, clothes are something you wear and get on with things.

I do tend to like her outfits best when she's on tour in a warmer climate. Those just seem to flow around her.

I can't help wondering if her perfect green suit with matching black gloves and boots, practical as may be, with it's little "pop" of colour in her lovely scar.

Question: did she purchase exactly the same handbag as Meghan when there is a range of at least sixteen colours to choose from on that style alone or, was she loaned her beautiful green handbag.

That particular style really does look terrific with her ensemble with the greens differing only by material and texture. More Importantly, it gives the whole ensemble a lift and gives it an ageless look.

Maybe Meghan and Camilla did lunch and shopped together and got the same bag because they both liked it. Or... one lady purchased it and they agreed to share it. Then again, it could have been a coinky dink. Shows they both have good taste though. :D

The mystery deepens.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the Lyndhurst Centre and the National Literacy Trust's Swindon Hub in Wiltshire today, January 24, nice!

** Full view ** Upper part ** February 2014 **

Last edited:
I love that raspberry colour on her. I always think she looks her best in fresh, bright shades.

Indeed she does look good and, I love her small handbag. It's so much more practical than very small or large flat clutch bags. They all belong with eveningwear, these bags are perfect . . . not too big and not too small.

I love that raspberry colour on her. I always think she looks her best in fresh, bright shades.

The coat and dress combination, always worn together, must be around 10 years old. I think the colour really works well for her.

It's so much more practical than very small or large flat clutch bags. They all belong with eveningwear, these bags are perfect . . . not too big and not too small.

Practical is a relative comment: a royal's definition of practical may be very different from yours or mine. :flowers: If you are a royal lady, what do you really need to carry in your handbag?

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla doesn't appear to travel with a LIW and I noticed the last time sh used a flatish clutch. I am picking lipstick, compact, handkerchief, foldable comb or brush, mints and her wallet. Camilla always seems to buy something at Country Fairs, stalls or Fundraisers. HM carries money for church and a bag hook and who knows what Catherine or Meghan have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom