The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: With everything she and the rest of the royals wear itemised, catalogued and, where possible, priced, it's lovely to read that Camilla is wearing "one of her favourite dresses". I think it looks she looks lovely and the dress suits her well. The fact that it also looks comfortable is a bonus.

Has Camilla done something to her eyebrows? They seem quite a bit more "there."

Perfect outfit in nice colours.... she looked great....a really good example for ladies of her generation

Perfect outfit in nice colours.... she looked great....a really good example for ladies of her generation

I'm of Camilla's generation, and I would never wear that dress! IMO, most of her clothes are dowdy. You don't have to look like Helen Mirren to be chic at 70. But I think that every woman, 70 or 30, royal or humble, is entitled to wear suitable clothes in which she is comfortable, and apparently that is what the Duchess does. I do think she could look a bit smarter.

Wonderful ensemble. Those good old polka dots certainly suit her and I have to admit I love the really big ones. The blue and white looks great with the blue jacket all looks great with her colouring and I admire her spirit of adventure. 99% of women wearing that combination would go for matching blue or (ugh) white accessories but not our Cams, I've really come to like her matching tan bag and shoes.

I will lay odds she has been persuaded to have a little colour added to her eyebrows. I think every grey or white haired royal does because grey hair has no pigment and thus often does not show at a distance or in photographs. Eyebrows frame the face and without "attention" they can become almost invisible making your face look weirdly indistinct.

I'm of Camilla's generation, and I would never wear that dress! IMO, most of her clothes are dowdy. You don't have to look like Helen Mirren to be chic at 70. But I think that every woman, 70 or 30, royal or humble, is entitled to wear suitable clothes in which she is comfortable, and apparently that is what the Duchess does. I do think she could look a bit smarter.
I actually thought that the blue and white polka dot dress and navy jacket look very smart.

That said, there are certainly occasions where her clothes can be a bit frumpy, especially some of the Bruce Oldfield jackets and dresses.

I have never seen it before, and I think it is beautiful! I wish it was more tailored to her figure, but she looks lovely nevertheless. That necklace is beautiful!

Today's suit is pretty; I really love the colors, and the fit is nice. But I find the scarf distracting.

Last edited:
The creme colored evening gown looks really good on her, it goes with her tan and shows up nicely. And that necklace is divine, now just want to know the particulars on it....

The cream was lovely though perhaps could be tailored a bit more. Great jewelry.

I loved todays look. Suits her and the setting. I even like the scarf :flowers:

Camilla looking great in navy blue and white during the naming ceremony of the HMS PRINCE OF WALES at the Rosyth Royal Dockyard today, September 8:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I quite like that!

LaRae

I love this! Perfect for a ship's naming ceremony!

The Duchess of Cornwall looking great at the Battle of Britain memorial service at Westminster Abbey today, September 17. One of my favourite coats (coat dresses) she has!

** Full view ** Upper part ** April 2017 **

:previous:

She looks nice, but I would prefer navy shoes.

This is one of her best looks with a structured coat and a flattering navy blue.

Lovely look. Flattering coat and great accessories :flowers:

I like the white shoes. The white hat and shoes, breaks up all the navy.

Camilla should really wear these beautifully tailored and stylish outfits more often. After all, she is married to the next King, and she needs to avoid the polka dot and lunch lady styles.

For [essentially] a 'countrywoman' happier in Wellies, tweeds and headscarves I think the Duchess has gone from nought to 100 stylistically in just 12 years..
I can think of no-one else who has transformed her appearance so successfully, so fast and so [relatively] late in life.
Tailored styles DO work best for her, altho' she does also look sensational in some of the 'flowing', relaxed styles seen on her visits to warm countries.

I really like this. The shoe could of been better but the rest is very very pleasing.

LaRae

Camilla looking great in navy blue and white during the naming ceremony of the HMS PRINCE OF WALES at the Rosyth Royal Dockyard today, September 8:
** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Splendid! :flowers: Impressive.

Camilla should really wear these beautifully tailored and stylish outfits more often. After all, she is married to the next King, and she needs to avoid the polka dot and lunch lady styles.

I agree. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall looking great at the Battle of Britain memorial service at Westminster Abbey today, September 17. One of my favourite coats (coat dresses) she has!
** Full view ** Upper part **

Clearly dark navy blue with white accents is a win-win with her. :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom