Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfectly dressed as usual.... never too Young, never too old fashionned

Old 06-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
A new hat for Camilla! Could it be the first one for 2017? Ascot always brings new hats for her and usually at least one new outfit, which is great since she repeats so much.
https://royalhats.wordpress.com/2017...s-of-cornwall/
I like this hat (and outfit) lots! Great hat! Mucho personality.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wish she would realise that frills and pleats do not suit her. She looks good when the dress is straight but this dress looks a mish-mash and she does that too often. So often I look at the top of her outfits and think 'she looks great' and then I see the whole thing and there will be something that doesn't suit her or her age. She is an old woman and tries to dress like she is in her 30s while Kate, who is in her 30s tries to dress like someone in their 60s - weird.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Majesty

I think that Camilla looked wonderful today and I utterly adore her new hat. She really can turn a not too special ensemble into something elegant and, at times, whimsical. What she can do with a cream and white ensemble is nothing short of amazing . . . I want her hat!

Philip Treacy et al must all love her to death.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wish she would realise that frills and pleats do not suit her. She looks good when the dress is straight but this dress looks a mish-mash and she does that too often. So often I look at the top of her outfits and think 'she looks great' and then I see the whole thing and there will be something that doesn't suit her or her age. She is an old woman and tries to dress like she is in her 30s while Kate, who is in her 30s tries to dress like someone in their 60s - weird.
I am not seeing what you are, Iluvbertie. Not at all. Camilla dresses appropriate to her body-type and age in my view, and I always like the look of her full outfit. She has a good understanding of what photographs well given her body profile, and what is comfortable to wear. (Or whoever she consults has that knowledge). I honestly could not see a woman in her 30's wearing what Camilla wears.

As for Kate, she's wearing conservative, classic clothing that offends no one. I think that's her main goal. She succeeds. I also think it's akin to her natural style.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Camilla dresses like a thirty year old Scared to see any woman my age dressed like that. Only thirty something year old who dresses like Camilla is Kate. Just because she wears clothes at times that wouldn't look out if place on Sophie or Camilla, doesn't mean those women dress too young.

There is a way to look classic, without looking frumpy and old. Think Hephburn. Kate just needs to find a balance.

Back to Camilla....

I love the dress. Suits her body and looks great for day. And her choker

Can always count on Camilla for a proper hat. I love her hat, great to see new
Old 06-21-2017, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Can always count on Camilla for a proper hat. I love her hat, great to see new
Agree. This hat is particularly perky imo. I always love it when she has feathers and stuff like that. Very French. (Back a few centuries).
Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall in light blue on the second day of Royal Ascot today, June 21:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Hmmm. The color is divine, but the fussiness doesn't do much for her.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Very similar to yesterday's style. Great color though. I like the polka dot effect.

LaRae
Old 06-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Courtier

A repeat from Charlotte’s christening. The dress is ok, not my favorite from Camilla’s closet, but good choice for heat. I love the hat
Old 06-22-2017, 12:56 AM
Majesty

The dress is beautiful color. And flattering style the little embellishment not over fond of.

Another fantastic hat Know she wouldn't let me down even if Anne did.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:32 AM
Majesty

Hmm, not my favourite Ascot ensemble to be sure. I really like the depth of the blue that she chose for this ensemble, however, I hate the bowl-shaped crown of the hat and loathe the total overabundance of pleats going both horizontally and vertically. Basically, from the waist up it was a total mishmash. And I didn't even have to mention the addition of the g** awful oversized polka dots!
Old 06-22-2017, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the dress is fun, the kind of fun dress lots of Ascot goers seem to favor. (..)
Old 06-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall looking good with a polka dot dress and white jacket in Manchester today, June 26:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 06-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Courtier

She looks great, I just love that jacket and the top stitching on the collar really make the jacket stand out. It is a well put together outfit for her, and with her pearls, just perfect for the day. And of course there is that brooch, a bee........a nice added touch.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall looking good with a polka dot dress and white jacket in Manchester today, June 26:
** Full view ** Upper part **
Very sharp! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
She looks great, I just love that jacket and the top stitching on the collar really make the jacket stand out. It is a well put together outfit for her, and with her pearls, just perfect for the day. And of course there is that brooch, a bee........a nice added touch.
Agree, M. Payton. The bee is very cute, goes right along with the stitching.

EDIT: BTW the detail on Charles is really very nice: pinstripe suit, tie and flower. Great colors.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nice...love all of it.

LaRae
Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Her whole look is fabulous. I love the bee pin; it's whimsical without being too twee.

Lady Nimue - I think Charles is a wonderful dresser. So elegant and regal - exactly how a future king should look.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
OK. I'm not much into fashion but as this is the second time I've noticed it, can someone explain to me exactly what "twee" is? Don't have a clue here.