The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, not my favourite Ascot ensemble to be sure. I really like the depth of the blue that she chose for this ensemble, however, I hate the bowl-shaped crown of the hat and loathe the total overabundance of pleats going both horizontally and vertically. Basically, from the waist up it was a total mishmash. And I didn't even have to mention the addition of the g** awful oversized polka dots! :eek:

I think the dress is fun, the kind of fun dress lots of Ascot goers seem to favor. :flowers: (..)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duchess of Cornwall looking good with a polka dot dress and white jacket in Manchester today, June 26:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks great, I just love that jacket and the top stitching on the collar really make the jacket stand out. It is a well put together outfit for her, and with her pearls, just perfect for the day. And of course there is that brooch, a bee........a nice added touch.

The Duchess of Cornwall looking good with a polka dot dress and white jacket in Manchester today, June 26:
** Full view ** Upper part **

Very sharp! :flowers: Love it!

She looks great, I just love that jacket and the top stitching on the collar really make the jacket stand out. It is a well put together outfit for her, and with her pearls, just perfect for the day. And of course there is that brooch, a bee........a nice added touch.

Agree, M. Payton. :flowers: The bee is very cute, goes right along with the stitching.

EDIT: BTW the detail on Charles is really very nice: pinstripe suit, tie and flower. Great colors. :flowers:

Last edited:
Very nice...love all of it.

LaRae

Her whole look is fabulous. I love the bee pin; it's whimsical without being too twee.

Lady Nimue - I think Charles is a wonderful dresser. So elegant and regal - exactly how a future king should look.

OK. I'm not much into fashion but as this is the second time I've noticed it, can someone explain to me exactly what "twee" is? Don't have a clue here.

twee is overly silly, precious, or quaint.

Last edited:
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Thanks much. Now I can go ahead in life and be twee all I want! It comes natural to me. :D

I would bet my last can of diet Coke that your are charmingly twee, Osipi :flowers:

Her whole look is fabulous. I love the bee pin; it's whimsical without being too twee.

Lady Nimue - I think Charles is a wonderful dresser. So elegant and regal - exactly how a future king should look.

I even went in search of a Charles Fashion Thread: there is not one! :ohmy: There really should be.

OK. I'm not much into fashion but as this is the second time I've noticed it, can someone explain to me exactly what "twee" is? Don't have a clue here.

I'm with you on this, Osipi! :flowers:

twee is overly silly, precious, or quaint.

Ah, so! :flowers:

Last edited:
Camilla looks fantastic, I love her Polk a dots. Her and Charkes make a gi fly dressed pair indeed :flowers:

Great color for her...nice pop of color with the scarf too. Lovely jewelry!

LaRae

That's a lovely scarf & it looks great with her suit. Shades of her mother-in-law protecting her hair in the 1st pic :) I love the earrings, but they seem a little dressy to me; regardless, she pulls whole the look off. The brooch is fantastic!

Very nice outfit and scarf.....without the scarf the outfit would have been a bit sad

Camilla's scarf is absolute perfection and lifts the colour of the rest of her ensemble, but when it comes to earrings, that pair is as at home at a Country Show with her holding a piglet as it is with her swanning down the red carpet on Charle's arm and sporting a serious necklace and a tiara! I have first dibs on her beautiful Lily of the Valley brooch.

Camilla looks wonderful. Outfit lovely but the scarf is beautiful. If there is anything more that I want to steal then the scarf is fantastic brooch. :flowers:

I quite like the coat dress...love the edging detail. What is the brooch, can't quite make that one out?

LaRae

Last edited:
She looks fantastic. Lovely coat and beautiful hat. :flowers:

Glad she didn't feel any need to wear red and white.

Camilla has been looking great in Canada so far, but I think my favourite of all the outfits she has worn during this trip is the beautiful white coat she wore on day two. Stunning.

Im surprised Camilla didn't wear The Queen's Maple Leaf Brooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom