The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla looks great, I even like her hat (I'm not typically a 'hat' person).

:previous: I really do love when Camilla does hats. There are many shapes and colours with never-ending embellishments of feathers, ribbons, bows, flowers, fluff . . . you name it, she can wear it.

Nobody wears the big hats like Camilla does. She can pull off anything, no matter how giant and fluffy.

:previous: I really do love when Camilla does hats. There are many shapes and colours with never-ending embellishments of feathers, ribbons, bows, flowers, fluff . . . you name it, she can wear it.

Including tiaras :crown2:

I am a hat and brooch fanatic. Far more interesting then clothes to me. And Camilla is one of my favorite royals to watch because of it. She rocks the proper hats. Today was certainly no exception. Love that her, Bea, Gabriella, the queen and Princess Michael all has proper hats of some style. Troopong usually feeds my need for them every year :flowers:

And yes queen, tiaras too. Big gun tiaras and jewels seem made for her :)

The Duchess of Cornwall elegant at Trooping the Colour today, June 17:
** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** June 2007 **

She looks fine. :flowers: But I like the creme-colored white outfit cum hat (with feathers/fluff) she wore at another time (maybe another Trooping, dunno). The outfit had crisper lines. I liked it much better than this one, and her hat in that instance, too. Not being crabby (I hope) just saying. ;)

My word, Camilla's hat in the first picture is breathtaking, isn't it? :flowers: Where is that hat? When will we see it again? It's like tiara-watching, hat-watching is (with Camilla). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

That one's good, it may be that one, crisper lines as I said. I had just seen a photo someone posted as a comparison, I think. I wasn't able to find it when I wrote my post so had to be content with an inadequate description. ;) I think it was more creme colored, though it may have just been the lighting with a particular photograph. But that may be it (though I don't like the photo, I think I'm being crabby). :flowers:

Last edited:
That one's good, it may be that one, crisper lines as I said. I had just seen a photo someone posted as a comparison, I think. I wasn't able to find it when I wrote my post so had to be content with an inadequate description. ;) I think it was more creme colored, though it may have just been the lighting with a particular photograph. But that may be it (though I don't like the photo, I think I'm being crabby). :flowers:

Take your pick:flowers::
https://royalhats.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/inventory-the-duchess-of-cornwalls-cream-hats/

Great hats and all good pictures. :flowers: A good picture makes all the difference, why it's near impossible (imo) to make a truly objective call on anyone's outfit unless one is seeing them in person.

Looking at the pictures I realize I am not drawn to all the (what is it?) beadwork? on her current outfit. Prefer the cleaner lines from outfits worn at other times. :flowers:

But saying that I still think she looks fine in what she has on. (Sigh of relief on Camilla's part with that call, I'm sure). ;)
I am feeling spunky this evening.

Last edited:
I saw the live footage of TTC and Camilla looked rather frail in some of it. When she talked with Charles, she looked much better. I really hope she is doing well.
Imho she is actutally the most elegant of the british royals, (of course HMQEII is in a class of her own) she almost never fails.

Last edited:
I thought Camilla looked great at the Trooping. Very good to see her pull out that great ensemble first used in 2007. I hope it gets used a few more times!

Nobody wears the big hats like Camilla does. She can pull off anything, no matter how giant and fluffy.

That is very true,she pulls them off so elegantly ,Philip Treacy really struck gold with the Duchess!

She looks just lovely...great color/style for her.

LaRae

Is that choker a personal item or a loaner from the Queen's jewelry?

LaRae

Is that choker a personal item or a loaner from the Queen's jewelry?

LaRae
Personal item. First used at the wedding of Peter and Autumn in May 2008.

Thanks muriel...it's quite nice.

LaRae

Perfectly dressed as usual.... never too Young, never too old fashionned

I wish she would realise that frills and pleats do not suit her. She looks good when the dress is straight but this dress looks a mish-mash and she does that too often. So often I look at the top of her outfits and think 'she looks great' and then I see the whole thing and there will be something that doesn't suit her or her age. She is an old woman and tries to dress like she is in her 30s while Kate, who is in her 30s tries to dress like someone in their 60s - weird.

I think that Camilla looked wonderful today and I utterly adore her new hat. She really can turn a not too special ensemble into something elegant and, at times, whimsical. What she can do with a cream and white ensemble is nothing short of amazing . . . I want her hat!

Philip Treacy et al must all love her to death.

I wish she would realise that frills and pleats do not suit her. She looks good when the dress is straight but this dress looks a mish-mash and she does that too often. So often I look at the top of her outfits and think 'she looks great' and then I see the whole thing and there will be something that doesn't suit her or her age. She is an old woman and tries to dress like she is in her 30s while Kate, who is in her 30s tries to dress like someone in their 60s - weird.

I am not seeing what you are, Iluvbertie. Not at all. :ermm: Camilla dresses appropriate to her body-type and age in my view, and I always like the look of her full outfit. She has a good understanding of what photographs well given her body profile, and what is comfortable to wear. (Or whoever she consults has that knowledge). I honestly could not see a woman in her 30's wearing what Camilla wears.

As for Kate, she's wearing conservative, classic clothing that offends no one. I think that's her main goal. She succeeds. I also think it's akin to her natural style. :flowers:

Camilla dresses like a thirty year old :eek: Scared to see any woman my age dressed like that. Only thirty something year old who dresses like Camilla is Kate. Just because she wears clothes at times that wouldn't look out if place on Sophie or Camilla, doesn't mean those women dress too young.

There is a way to look classic, without looking frumpy and old. Think Hephburn. Kate just needs to find a balance.

Back to Camilla....

I love the dress. Suits her body and looks great for day. And her choker :flowers:

Can always count on Camilla for a proper hat. I love her hat, great to see new :)

Can always count on Camilla for a proper hat. I love her hat, great to see new :)

Agree. :flowers: This hat is particularly perky imo. I always love it when she has feathers and stuff like that. Very French. ;) (Back a few centuries).

Hmmm. The color is divine, but the fussiness doesn't do much for her. :eek:

Very similar to yesterday's style. Great color though. I like the polka dot effect.

LaRae

A repeat from Charlotte’s christening. The dress is ok, not my favorite from Camilla’s closet, but good choice for heat. I love the hat:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress is beautiful color. And flattering style :flowers: the little embellishment not over fond of.

Another fantastic hat :flowers: Know she wouldn't let me down even if Anne did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom