The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla looks so elegant....she was my best dressed today.

Love, love, love this coat, dress, hat combo! The whole outfit is very elegant without being OTT or overpowering. The DOC has this type of dressing down pat for sure. And of course her pearls are lovely.

The hat has been repeated probably 10 times and I’m getting tired of it. The coat is also a repeat, but I love it and would be happy to see it many more times. And going by Camilla’s track record I’m sure we will;).

The hat has been repeated probably 10 times and I’m getting tired of it. The coat is also a repeat, but I love it and would be happy to see it many more times. And going by Camilla’s track record I’m sure we will;).

This dear ol' hat is indeed like 12 years old, and lost one then two feathers in the process.

She looks very elegant in this outfit and the coat has a very flattering style.

Perfectly dressed and proving you don't have to be 17 and skinny to be beautiful and have style !!!!

One of my favorites of hers. Very elegant and perfectly put together.

Camilla is effortlessly elegant and I think that resonates with a lot of older women. Okay, so they probably won't need one of her fabulous hats unless you are the mother of the bride, but you can see yourself wearing the clothes she wears.

I should imagine that you wouldn't have the bank account but a lot of her clothes you can see being made for your for a not exorbitant price. She (and Anne) are my fashion touchstones.

The Duchess of Cornwall lovely in blue and black at a Commonwealth Big Lunch with pupils from Barn Croft Primary School in Walthamstow today, March 13:

** Upper part **

Camilla is effortlessly elegant and I think that resonates with a lot of older women. Okay, so they probably won't need one of her fabulous hats unless you are the mother of the bride, but you can see yourself wearing the clothes she wears.

I should imagine that you wouldn't have the bank account but a lot of her clothes you can see being made for your for a not exorbitant price. She (and Anne) are my fashion touchstones.

I agree with you about Camilla being effortlessly elegant, but it resonates with many of us younger (ok, 40-something) women too. She's comfortable in her skin, wears what she likes and feels good in, and is true to herself and her style without trying to look more royal than the queen, or look like someone's idea of how royalty should look and act. She knows her husband loves her & has her back, and she exudes confidence, comfort, & graciousness.

I am not fond of the brooch she is wearing, but I do like her outfit very much. The jacket is smashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duchess of Cornwall in a recycled coat and hat at the Cheltenham Festival Ladies Day today, March 14:

** Full view **

Her Cheltenham's uniform so to speak ...

The Duchess of Cornwall received an Honorary Doctorate from the University of [FONT=&quot]Chester [/FONT] on March 16 in her often repeated coat and dress:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Duchess+Cornwall+Attends+yuuLTyWDV4tl.jpg
https://i2-prod.chesterchronicle.co...5b/Duchess-of-Cornwall-honorary-doctorate.jpg

Funnily, she wore the same dress and coat to receive her Honorary Doctorate from the University of Southampton in 2016:
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/JKCXJD/cam...-duchess-of-cornwall-is-awarded-an-JKCXJD.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: Agreed. The coat is a lovely cut and colour but I didn't like paisley the first time around and please, please tell me it came out of the back of her cupboard and is not staging a fashion come-back. :eek:

Paisley had a very brief comeback in the late 80s when I was about 12, and I very proudly wore my jeans with embroidered paisleys on them. Now they bring to mind amoebas :whistling:

Love her coat.

I love the blue and black suit. The jacket is really stylish and sort of unique. I wish I could see her brooch properly because she broke out her oh so beautiful turquoise and diamond earrings from her demi-parure.

To compete with Waldo's bold eyeglasses, Cam's eyebrows are a bit prominent today. Actually, I blame it on the photogs and the wonky lighting, but still a wretched photo. ;)

Color is nice, but but the fabric is too thin/clingy. She really needs better support garments. :whistling:

Lovely color and style though I agree its clingy.

Love the hat and pearls with it :flowers:

Yes, it definitely needs to be less clingy however foundation garments are not the answer. It is hot. Damned hot in dear old Aus, and there are no brownie points for women who wear undergarments that constrict and don't breath in that climate and faint or pass out because of the added stress caused by their own vanity.

It is a pity she cannot wear what she wears in eastern countries. She always looks elegant and they are designed for the heat and humidity. Nevertheless, I love the cut and colour of her ensemble.

The Duchess of Cornwall looking great in Queensland, Australia, today, April 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Without the hat **

Color is nice, but but the fabric is too thin/clingy. She really needs better support garments. :whistling:

I think she looks great. She is a woman of 70, and the laws of physics do apply to royals, so I think she is absolutely fine as she is, and IMO, does not need to have the Mary's hitched up any further.

Yes, it definitely needs to be less clingy however foundation garments are not the answer. It is hot. Damned hot in dear old Aus, and there are no brownie points for women who wear undergarments that constrict and don't breath in that climate and faint or pass out because of the added stress caused by their own vanity.

It is a pity she cannot wear what she wears in eastern countries. She always looks elegant and they are designed for the heat and humidity. Nevertheless, I love the cut and colour of her ensemble.

Yep! :flowers: I also loved her ensembles on the eastern trips.

I think she looks great. She is a woman of 70, and the laws of physics do apply to royals, so I think she is absolutely fine as she is, and IMO, does not need to have the Mary's hitched up any further.

Agree 100%. :flowers: She looks great.

Last edited:

And here's outfit number 2 for the Duchess of Cornwall in Brisbane today, April 4:

** Full view **

:previous: I wasn't sure about the pattern on Camilla's outfit at first, but I now like it and think it adds something else to what would otherwise be a plain outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom