The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this a lot - love the colours and shape of the coat.

I'm a fan of proper hats and I like this one.

But the best accessories were the smile and William!

I love Kate's coat! The plaid and festive colors, the velvet collar.

And in the colder months, I like black tights although boots would have been okay too.

I don't think her coat is short, it is only a little above the knee and with the black tights is fine. A few of her dresses recently have been mid thigh- that's short.

Last edited:
Like this a lot - love the colours and shape of the coat.

I'm a fan of proper hats and I like this one.

But the best accessories were the smile and William!

I agree, she looks festive and very pretty.

Is the hat a replay of one of the hats that that her Mom wears/owns?
I adore this coat choice - not for general appearances, but for this day it is wonderful.

If you look back at Christmas church appearances, the family often seems to set broad themes for dressing that the ladies follow and so don't either match or clash with Her Majesty. It also helps Royal watchers spot Royals in the large crowd of family.

Personally, I think they have always worked that out amongst themselves. They learn the color HM will wear and then choose a palette that works around that color and will photograph nicely.

So we have had years where parts of the family were in blues and reds, years where there were neutrals or paler tones. This year I enjoyed Sophie and Catherine in patterns. I was easily able to pick them out.

Kate's coat just screamed festive to me - and I like that a lot for Christmas.

If the tartan was a coat shawl and the coat color was one from the tartan pattern I would have be cool with it. I like the hat but not the wedge shoes and black tights.

:previous: Usually would agree, would prefer tartan as a scarf but here no.

I actually really love this coat. Except for the gold buttons on it. It is festive for the holiday, and warm. Not too short at all. :flowers:

But I hate the black tights with it. And the thing on her head has to go.

Sorry but this coat is awful as styled to me. With jeans or something it would look better perhaps.

A very dated look.

Sorry but this coat is awful as styled to me. With jeans or something it would look better perhaps.

A very dated look.

While I appreciate the festive nature of her coat, it is a dated look... but I think anything plaid on Christmas would feel dated to me? Kinda 80s, Christmas family middle america portrait?

But Kate has a very, very, very traditional style - so this look works for her.

The style is perfect for her baby bump too.

Not sure about the hat - I can't even parse out what kind of hat it is?

Kate looks good, except for that horrible hat. That was a mistake. But she is rosy and beaming, so I guess who cares, right?

I love the coat. Beautiful colors that is great for the occasion. I don't like her hat however.

I love the hat and I do think we may have seen it before (or something like it) on Carole Middleton. I was delighted by the tartan coat with the terrific pleating in the back.

And yes---she is wearing black tights a lot with the same footwear. She is pregnant with her third child. I am giving her unlimited passes on warm and safe legwear/footwear this winter because she looks so healthy and happy.

Though....it will be nice to see those fab legs again at Harry's wedding!?

The hat looks like one of the faux fur numbers from Lock.
She has worn a similar hat in grey alpaca.

I think the black accessories are fine, they tone down the vibrant colors of the coat.

Loved the Christmas day outfit ,the duchess of Cambridge looked stunning and the coat was a good choice for Christmas Day.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Church service today, December 25:

** Full view ** Upper part **

It's a miss from me. The coat, hat and accessories are mismatched. The coat reminds me of a girls winter school skirt uniform.

She is glowing and looks almost relieved not to be centre of attention

Catherine looks amazing. She blows everyone out of the water!

Absolutely adorable and festive look. Her mother and sister have versions of the hat I think. A longer skirt would help balance out the big hat, that is what looks off, she is tall enough to do it

Have to say, personally, I don't like it. It just looks very old fashioned, like something the Queen or Anne dug out the wardrobe for her from the 70s.

TBF on the model it looks good, so I really thing its the styling. Jeans & boots maybe make it look better or as others say, a shawl type jacket.

A very dated look.
Even with jeans it wouldn't work imo. For me the coat will only look good on the floor waiting to be put in the trash.

I thought Catherine looked just fabulous there, the very best of all of them except for HM who sparkled in orange, what a color on HM, stunning. One thing about Catherine's coat, it was impeccably made, there was not a plaid out of step in the making of that coat from all views that I saw. They matched up perfectly. Talk about custom made, this was it to the T! Catherine looked festive and was blooming with health today, and just oozed happiness and love all over the place.

The hat looks like one of the faux fur numbers from Lock.
She has worn a similar hat in grey alpaca.

I think the black accessories are fine, they tone down the vibrant colors of the coat.

Thanks! And it was Mom's brown hat styled like this that I was thinking of.

I normally don't have much to say about Kate's fashion, as I'm not much of a fan of her style. But I must say, I thought she looked lovely today, the best I've seen her look in awhile. I would agree that the coat and the hat together looks a bit dated or more suitable for an older woman but somehow, she still made it work (which is a first for her, quite frankly).

Did Kate find her Christmas Day outfit in Princess Margaret’s old closet at KP? Really dowdy and frumpy and not at all flattering. We’ve seen much better on Kate.

Interesting the different opinions ..... I thought she looked fabulous all round. And she looked very healthy as well. Just beautiful!!!!

Did Kate find her Christmas Day outfit in Princess Margaret’s old closet at KP? Really dowdy and frumpy and not at all flattering. We’ve seen much better on Kate.
ha, exactly what I thought. She looked as if she fell straight oughta the 80s.

The fur hats look like something you'd wear on a bad hair day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom