The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really love this dress on her. The pop of red clutch and the SHOE!!!!

LaRae

Love the dress, shoes and clutch. Just a bit matronly for me

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a black and white Kate Spade dress at The Foundling Museum in London today, November 28:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **

I love this look and the pop of color with the shoes. Plus, I love Kate Spade and I liked the other Kate Spade dress she wore as well. I would wear either one. I don’t see anything dowdy or matronly about it and I’m a whole decade younger than Kate but that’s just my opinion.

I think it is a nod to the retro look we are seeing now days and I love it.

LaRae

It has a 70s 'vibe' to it [as so much fashion does atm]. It can look dowdy and dated to those who've 'seen it all before', but looks fresh to those that haven't had that misfortune.
I only like the shoes and clutch, myself.

All fashion comes around...I think it's a nod to farther back myself. Either way it suits her.

LaRae

All fashion comes around...I think it's a nod to farther back myself. Either way it suits her.

LaRae

A lot of Kate’s clothing reminds me of the 40s which I love personally. Could be wrong but it’s fun.

That's a feel I get as well 40's/50's.

LaRae

To me its rather '70s typing pool'....

I’m not overly familiar with 70s fashion as that’s not my favorite decade at all but I do believe the 70s was a ‘modern’ update on past decades and pulled from the 20-40s, no? Maybe that’s why.

The 70s was very 'magpie' in that it took ideas from everywhere and anywhere.. so yes there were elements pulled from those decades.

Really like it! Love that the accessories highlight the tones in the dress. My kind of style!

Not crazy about the outfit. Too dowdy/matronly. If it were shorter it would have looked more proportioned especially because the waist is so high. Her hair looks good but if she had worn it up it could have had a more 1940s vibe which would have worked better.

Great dress. One of her best outfits when it comes accessories aswell

I'm going to say it again...just love that pop of red in the clutch and shoe!

LaRae

What color is that dress? Black, Navy, Brown? I can find photos of each.

What color is that dress? Black, Navy, Brown? I can find photos of each.

On the Sky live news feed when she responded to a question about the engagements it looked dark brown but it looks to be black in most of the pictures.

Mixed feelings.

I love the pop of red in her accessories. Fantastic touch. :flowers:

I actually quite like the print of the dress. And I like the belt area, break in white :flowers:

But I agree on the 70's secretary pool comment. And I don't like the white bands around the wrists and bottom. Too much. Better just at waist.

What a pretty dress, just gorgeous on her. I love the pop of red, the shoes are so cute and really go with the dress. There is nothing old looking about this dress, she looks like a *lady* and today day and age, so few look that way. Perfect way to walk about Catherine!

Although I'm tired of black. I do like her boot and she looks fine ...the outfit suits her.

LaRae

She always looks good in casual, outdoor outfits. Those boots have trod in some interesting places and I guess as well as looking good they are very comfy and warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom