The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the button detail down the front and the shape of the dress...the material does look soft to the touch.

LaRae

There is nothing more for me to say about another black brass button coat dress.

But her hair looks stunning. I would love to see her wear it like this again :flowers:

And I love her in a full proper hat. Very appropriate for the event.?

I think the hat and the coat are repeats. Her hair looks so flattering, at last! she is a credit to the family.

Last edited:
Very elegant and dignified look on the duchess,aside from the coat buttons its a winner.

A very beautiful and elegant dress. She looks wonderful.

Duchess of Cambridge during the annual Remembrance Sunday Service at The Cenotaph on November 12

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...annual-remembrance-sunday-picture-id873151866

I love the coat. So regal and beautiful. Both looks are great.

Love the hat! :flowers: Hope this is a sign of changes away from 'fascinators'! Hair is exquisite! She's looking great!

Aside: I've noted a real change in her face with this pregnancy. I'm starting to think she's carrying a girl baby. Off topic, but very noticeable in these photos. :flowers: JMO.

Love the hat! :flowers: Hope this is a sign of changes away from 'fascinators'! Hair is exquisite! She's looking great!

Aside: I've noted a real change in her face with this pregnancy. I'm starting to think she's carrying a girl baby. Off topic, but very noticeable in these photos. :flowers: JMO.

Isn't that hat the one she first wore in 2006 to William's Sandhurst graduation? If so it probably isn't a sign of change, just a mere throwback.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ugh more tights. Love the coat..and hair.

LaRae

Black and white nothing too exciting but coat/boots perfect for late autumn weather.

She looks fantastic. The white coat is beautiful.

I would argue that such a short skirt and tights is perfect for fall :ermm:

But the coat is beautiful, happy to see it again. :flowers:

While still pretty boring, I think I like her maternity wear the best. She branches out a bit more from her lace dresses and coat dress styles.

I like the idea of this ensemble but the execution is flawed. To pull off the shorter length and tights 'look' she needs to actually wear tights! What she is wearing is just heavy black support stockings.

Catherine has very slim legs and therefore needs slim-legged boots but these suede boots look like gravity is making them crumple down and the solid sole just gives a lump at the end of the legs look. Boots with actual heels would have created a better look defining her legs, ankles and feet.

A heeled boot (tastefully chosen) would of be a bit smarter and she's never avoided heels while pregnant.

LaRae

I love the coat - that shade of white is beautiful on her.
I think the skirt is too short. To be fair it can be hard to gauge how even maternity clothes are going to fit from one day to the next when you’re pregnant but she must own a simple black maternity skirt or dress that would have worked better.

I agree with the other posters. While her coat is lovely, the length is just too short. Also a slim, heeled boot would have looked smarter. All in all, she is dressing much more interesting so far.

I just think practicality should really be uppermost when you're visiting a centre with small children. Letizia of Spain often wears slacks and a simple top in those circumstances, and I wish Kate would try that look as a change from tight jeggings sometimes. Leaning down, bending over to speak to little ones is better in a longer skirt or slacks.

I don't mind the boots, tights, combo as such but a cream coloured coat is not very practical either really, though I like the style. All it would take would be one sticky or paint-stained little finger touching that light colour...!

Last edited:
I absolutely love it that her hem lengths go up a bit (or seem to) when she is pregnant. It makes me smile, no end. :flowers:

I know tastes vary, but folks are being really hard on the Duchess here! Her look is lovely, including the low heeled boots, tights and cream coat. The skirt is short but she has nice legs and the tights make everything a bit more modest. I think she looks great.

I absolutely love it that her hem lengths go up a bit (or seem to) when she is pregnant. It makes me smile, no end. :flowers:

I agree. :flowers: Nothing amiss imo.

I know tastes vary, but folks are being really hard on the Duchess here! Her look is lovely, including the low heeled boots, tights and cream coat. The skirt is short but she has nice legs and the tights make everything a bit more modest. I think she looks great.

Agree 100%. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom