The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is perfection, the outfit, jewels, HAIR and the hat are all amazing.

Agree! Hairdo! and statement jewels, good style and color to suit the occasion and a real hat that flatters.

Loved the white coat ad dalmation coat with ponytail too:flowers:

Catherine looks wonderful and I agree with those who have said she looks elegant. I love the colour of her outfit. Her hairstyle is lovely too. There's something about the outfit that gives off a vintage/1940s feel to me.
Very elegant
i love the color
only but is for some weights on the bottom of her coat
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/13/269AF8DB00000578-2992974-image-m-266_1426252168593.jpg
It does seem to be giving off a 40's vibe. I like her hair and the way it is designed specifically for that particular hat which is a very elegant piece. But while I liked the ensemble I have to admit that unrelieved navy doesn't really seem to suit her as well as black does.

And yes, once again she has not made allowance for the wind and she is walking down the stairs and cameras are snapping up the stairs. Her dress under the coat is very much shorter than the coat and I think the only reason we are not seeing more is out of respect for the nature of the engagement.

For those that have remarked on it being appropriately "somber" for the service, a Memorial Service is to remember and celebrate the lives of those lost. It is not a funeral. For those still wondering, look again at what Her Majesty is wearing.

I hope for her final engagement on March 18, Catherine will wear the peach outfit or the polka pot outfit she wore during her pregnancy with George.

LOVE this ensemble on her.

I'm sure she has access to someone who could weight the hemline super quickly, but in her defence, the wind really picked up in London today! :)

I hope for her final engagement on March 18, Catherine will wear the peach outfit or the polka pot outfit she wore during her pregnancy with George.

I'd like the peach, the polka dot, or the hot pink. I think black or purple would have been better for today. Didn't care for her in all navy. And how do we know it's the final one? Sorry a little OT , but how long was she off with George?

Last edited:
I thought she looked great today. I wish her coat, if not the dress, should have been a little longer given that it was a church service but I really liked the cut and color. I loved the hat, necklace and earrings.

I think they are both unlikely to reappear next week. Both those ensembles were used in much warmer weather, it is quite cold at the moment in London, with maximum temperatures of 6-8 degrees.

I'd like the peach, the polka dot, or the hot pink. I think black or purple would have been better for today. Didn't care for her in all navy. And how do we know it's the final one? Sorry a little OT , but how long was she off with George?

I would be surprised the hot pink coat used in NYT would fit any more. It is several months since she wore it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really her last one? It's been announced?

The Duchess looks very elegant today for the presentation of shamrocks, I particularly like her hairstyle and the pleated coat
Daily Mail pics

She looks fine but to me that one is another anonymous coat...Not a fan of brown, especially on her

HRH looks wonderful today...

and ANOTHER 'updo'... dare we hope she's finally undertanding just how much better she looks with them.. they REALLY lift her face, and show off her genuine beauty.

Kate looks fine; I would prefer cream or white instead of the brown coat. It would make her stand out better. But she does look very nice, and she seems to be enjoying herself.

I think Catherine looks lovely, and elegant. I don't mind the brown too much, but it's not my favorite color on her. The hair style and the hat complete the whole ensemble. Overall, nicely done.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Lovely as it may be, yet another new coat!

It's a new coat so what? She is eight months pregnant and is off a season from George's pregnancy. The coat she wore when carrying George to this event was a regular coat with the buttons moved. It is clearly not going to work with this baby since it's so much further along than George was at this point.

I don't ever see anyone ever making a big deal if the Queen, Camilla or Sophie wear something new. They might make a big deal if Anne did since she does it so little.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:
Absolutely agree, both of the aforementioned ladies are almost always seen in a new coat. As far as HM is concerned no one would complain but in terms of Camilla I'm surprised it isn't commented upon.

Catherine looked lovely, that style of hat looks wonderful on her and the coat is elegant as well. Love her hair!!!!

The Duchess was very elegant looking today and her hat really suited her,another polished look for Catherine on St Patrick's Day.

Catherine looked lovely, that style of hat looks wonderful on her and the coat is elegant as well. Love her hair!!!!

Yes, I often wonder why she doesn't braid her hair more often. It looks great.

The coat may be new, but the hat is several seasons old.

The Duchess was very elegant looking today and her hat really suited her,another polished look for Catherine on St Patrick's Day.

I was about to say exactly the same thing! That style of hat suits her really well, perhaps even more so than the little hats she are used to seeing her wear.
The green and brown combination is a little autumnal for me, but she is cleverly matched with the uniforms and the shamrock corsage brightens things nicely.

She looks terrific. I like the hair, the coat, the earrings, and that she was wearing Great-Granny's broach.

Catherine looks lovely again! Definitely prefer this style of coat on her. And hair, beautiful beautiful hair!

Kate looked wonderful. That coat was pure perfection. Her overall was really nice yet kept simple.

Love this coat on her and I thought the updo and the hat really complimented the look. She looked truly lovely.

The Duchess looks very elegant today for the presentation of shamrocks, I particularly like her hairstyle and the pleated coat
Daily Mail pics

Elegance perfected. I love it. Love Catherine in all chocolate as opposed to the other day in all navy.The fact that it was Catherine Walker made me smile.;) The fact that William was in uniform made me smile too.;)

Last edited:
Elegance perfected. I love it. Love Catherine in all chocolate. The fact that it was Catherine Walker made me smile.;) The fact that William was in uniform made me smile too.;)
Yes, Catherine's accessory in uniform was also very nice indeed.

:previous: Ah yes, If she is a yummy mummy, he is a baddy daddy in that officer's coat. :lol:

Everything suited Kate perfectly, however I am a bit disappointed about the colour of the coat. Green or blue would have looked better on such an event.

It's a new coat so what? She is eight months pregnant and is off a season from George's pregnancy. The coat she wore when carrying George to this event was a regular coat with the buttons moved. It is clearly not going to work with this baby since it's so much further along than George was at this point.

My comment was not about reusing from the first pregnancy, but coats from the last few weeks. I am not doubting the need for her to have a smart and elegant working wardrobe. But given what a wasteful society we live in, her reusing her maternity clothes a bit more would, IMO, send a very positive message out. Perhaps one of the crème coats could have been reused.

Catherine looks lovely again! Definitely prefer this style of coat on her. And hair, beautiful beautiful hair!

I agree, the coat and hair looked lovely.

Absolutely agree, both of the aforementioned ladies are almost always seen in a new coat. As far as HM is concerned no one would complain but in terms of Camilla I'm surprised it isn't commented upon.

IMO, Camilla is actually an avid reuser of clothes. A lot of her dresses are reused for many, many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love today's outfit - the coat, the hat, and the shoes are all lovely and they all go well together. Her hair looks great, too. If I were to change one thing, though, I think I would prefer that she had worn a brighter color, as the brown seems a bit drab in that setting. But it really is a nice outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom