The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Catherine looked stunning when I saw the news footage - this style of dress and particularly the neck-line suits her really well!

Last edited:
I think this is an ideal choice for this stage in her pregnancy and the voluptuous curves are an asset . I am happy with a recycle when we get new jewels.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

This is the best that dress has ever looked on her. The updo has done wonders and the added earrings really lift it

Glad she choose a recycled dress - this one was perfect cause of the fabric and shape to suit her tiny bump. She doesnt do that many black tie functions and has quite a collection of long dresses so it is good to see her reusing. And by wearing her hair up and changing the jewels is was a totally fresh look for the JP dress
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge wears same dress for the THIRD time | Daily Mail Online

I doubt she will be at another evening event that requires a long formal dress in this pregnancy so it was a wise decision by Kate not to get a pregnancy formal dress commissoned

:previous: I agree. Gala maternity gowns might not see too many opportunities to be worn again unless they're altered. Over in the NL, Maxima loaned Princess Aime one of her maternity gala gowns for W-A's investiture. Aimee did the same for Princess Viktoria at another event.

I thought that the pink coat and the JP dress were really classy. Easily the best and most suited outfits of the whole trip.

My opinions on the tour's outfits:

Arrival: Nice outfit and beautiful coat. I just don't like the boots, but that's because I never like ankle boots with skirts or dresses.
Black lace: Seeing the dress in detail, it looks beautiful, nice lace. But there is something there that is off: my guess is that, given that it's a Beulah dress (and thus quite amateurish) the finishing or the cut around her waist are not the best.
Goat coat: I like the coat much more in the model (worn with trousers). In Kate, it's just not working. Not only is it way too short but those white details are hmmm... too big and not elegant at all.
Basketball: Love this outfit. Nice coat, wonderful trousers and nice simple black accessories.
Pink coat: Another nice outfit. I'm not the biggest fan of pink but it's well accessorized with black and has the appropriate lenght.
Gown: Always loved this gown. Curiously, I prefered the first time she wore it. There is something off with her up do this time.

For the most part, I quite agree with your opinions, julliette! I do not like those booties with dresses AT ALL. I also think that she should have worn the pink coat while seeing the children instead of at the more somber 9/11 ceremony. I like her gown and finally an up-do with all that hair! I think the something "off" with it, is that it is falling down, and seems messy. All and all, I liked her various hair styles.

I love the coat! It's very chic and I love the color. That black dress is also very lovely and beautiful.

I love the black and white outfit. Simple, elegant, sophisticated and timeless.

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Visiting the Memorial of 9/11

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam

I think she looks beautiful the outfit & the hairstyle but this bright pink coat could it be much nicer if she wore it to the children visit & the black & white coat for today event

Beautiful pink coat! I love that shade of pink and the classic and elegant style.

The recycled jenny Packham dress looks so much better on this time round with hair pulled up and breathtaking earrings that can be seen properly. This dress sure suits a pregnant women.

Close up ** Back view ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The 9/11 memorial coat is very pretty.

She looks wonderful! That dress is so classic, regal, and beautiful. Simplicity in it's finest. The hair and the jewels are also stunning.

Perfect dress for jewels and thank you for the hairdo her best yet! She looks so pretty, we can see her smile, dimples and earrings! Love the little lift in the crown too. Don't understand how she can be in her fifth Mitch with her second child and really doesn't look pregnant to me. The dress may have been let out and the waistband is above the natural waist.

Perfect dress for jewels and thank you for the hairdo her best yet! She looks so pretty, we can see her smile, dimples and earrings! Love the little lift in the crown too. Don't understand how she can be in her fifth Mitch with her second child and really doesn't look pregnant to me. The dress may have been let out and the waistband is above the natural waist.
I've been thinking she is in her fourth month but you are right, it is her fifth. Usually women start showing earlier with their second because the abdominal muscles are already stretch out.

I liked this dress the first time and it looks good now. I also love that we can see the earrings.

I enjoy following fashion but I get the impression that Catherine doesn't care about it as much as some of us do. If she did, she would have bought a new maternity gown. Certainly being pregnant gives any women the excuse to buy new clothes.

I've been thinking she is in her fourth month but you are right, it is her fifth. Usually women start showing earlier with their second because the abdominal muscles are already stretch out.

I liked this dress the first time and it looks good now. I also love that we can see the earrings.

I enjoy following fashion but I get the impression that Catherine doesn't care about it as much as some of us do. If she did, she would have bought a new maternity gown. Certainly being pregnant gives any women the excuse to buy new clothes.

Catherine is a very thin and, I think, athletic woman and so that can keep her from showing much. CP Mary didn't really pop with her second pregnancy until around this time/January. I bet by Christmas we'll see Kate put on a bit more weight.

Lovely dress but ruined with her wrap IMO and the hair.

Nice of HD Stephanie to lend Kate some wraps to keep her warm. :p

Didn't like it.... I guess this boher look doesn nothing for her... Why was she wearing a long dress btw? was she coming out of the party?

The wedding seems to have been in the evening, hence a long dress. The dress is nice as we've seen previously but it is too dark for a wedding, IMO. I like the addition of the scarf/pashmina/whatever it is.

Its an evening wedding, Wills is in a tux. Kate is in a evening gown. She probably has limited choices in what fits in stuff she already had. If she wore a bright colored gown she would be blasted for stealing the spotlight from the bride.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Its an evening wedding, Wills is in a tux. Kate is in a evening gown. She probably has limited choices in what fits in stuff she already had. If she wore a bright colored gown she would be blasted for stealing the spotlight from the bride.

I really love Kate, so I don't want to seem rude, but it's not like she hasn't a budget to buy a new dress. I feel like she's going to a funeral. Black is absolutely on the no-no list of a wedding.
And anyways, I think she steals the spotlights everywhere she goes ;)

Black is fine to wear to a wedding now. Rules about wedding attire have changed and relaxed over the years.

I think she looks nice. I like the dress and the addition of the pashmina.

Last edited:
Yes, lots of women now wear black at weddings.
(Even the bridesmaids!)

She looks pretty; if she bought new dresses for every event, she'd be criticized for that.

Nice of HD Stephanie to lend Kate some wraps to keep her warm. :p
Nah she grabbed this at the Royal Mews. I saw bits of hay sticking to the fabric. They'll just need to sneak it back in before sunrise.:p

I understand that it's an evening wedding and a private event where Catherine didn't expect to be photographed, though I do agree that this is a little strange for a wedding. Even though we can wear any colour we want to a wedding, I do think Catherine should've worn something a bit more cheerful (like red or something), and agree with Blue_ that it looks like she's attending a funeral. I love her scarf however, and to be fair it does add a touch of colour to the outfit.

I like keeping with traditions so I'm probably biased, but I think we should wear brighter colours to weddings as it is a celebration, whereas we should wear more darker colours to funerals as it is a solemn event. Having said that, nowadays I think funerals in the UK are viewed more as a celebration of the deceased's life rather than a somber occasion (though if the deceased person died in a more tragic circumstance or at a very young age I guess it wouldn't really be referred to as such), or at least this is what we called my great-aunt and great-uncle's funerals when they died. People wore bold shades of blue and pink to their funerals (though I opted for a more traditional outfit) as it was more of a celebration of their life and remembering the happy times we had with them.

(Apologies as I've realised I've gone rather off-topic.)

Last edited:
On Saturday December 13,2014 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attending a friend’s wedding at the Chelsea Old Church in Chelsea, Lindon Kate is rewearing her DVF Zarita dress, that she wore at the Royal Variety Performance.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1427171603_d6aa7eb32924eebe262fc52880c60fd7

http://cdn4.independent.ie/incoming/article30744016.ece/a8069/ALTERNATES/w620/458923696.jpg

I loved the dress the first time, but I don't like it with the wrap, and more color for a wedding. Wills looks fine.

^^^The right choice for working with frosting and kids tonight.

Funniy enough, but I think Kate looks great in hoodies and jumpers! She looks younger! Question: does this sweather belongs to the Scout association?

She always looks great in casual clothes. Like from me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom