The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the children cared or gave any thought to what she was wearing.

Last edited:
The kids thought she was a princess from frozen. Probably looking around for Olaf and a reindeer

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Uhm the coat is nice but it makes her look juvenile and like a schoolgirl... Too much balck indeed
I have to admit I hadn't thought about it. But now that you mention it, you are right.

Love both of these. Loved today's outfit , but agree it was too severe for the setting.

:previous: so many of the staff were wearing black. So she fitted in.

That coat is entirely too short! Good grief.

LaRae
The dresses a bit on the short side

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/08/23DCE64A00000578-2864531-image-m-26_1418003760606.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/08/23DCA58D00000578-2864531-image-m-28_1418004414907.jpg
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net...5701_756649291090605_610795802909513149_o.jpg

One of her worst choices, especially since it is her big visit in the USA. What a stupid, that is the word that kept coming to mind, dress. Black and white for children? Who cares if the entire staff or all of ny wears black, why should she? A huge miss, except her hair,
:previous: Agreed, she does not seem to have grasped the point of the exercise, that is to say, meet and greet. And for that she needs to be seen! The fact is, that she is dressing for herself instead of for the occasion. Disappearing into a sea of black and merging with the staff is certainly not the 'ideal' when meeting children.

I like the coat. But not for this engagement because for kids it's just boring. Actually, anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of her (which is why they are there) would be hard pressed to pick her out of a sea of black. The mission of the Duke and Duchess was spelt out quite clearly and it is all about being seen and being seen to be there!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the United States of America

As to the length of her coats and dresses, they are as they always are, too short. I do not understand why she gets a free pass when she wears things like this. They are fine when she stands in front of a mirror, very elegant, on trend, etc. but, unlike most people, she is going to be sitting, standing, moving around, raising her arms or bending over or crouching, all things that alter the line, length and style of an ensemble. Most of us would not do much of that but if we did we would not have the cameras of the world with their telescopic lenses trained on our every breath.

I have to admit I hadn't thought about it. But now that you mention it, you are right.

:previous: Agreed, she does not seem to have grasped the point of the exercise, that is to say, meet and greet. And for that she needs to be seen! The fact is, that she is dressing for herself instead of for the occasion. Disappearing into a sea of black and merging with the staff is certainly not the 'ideal' when meeting children.

I like the coat. But not for this engagement because for kids it's just boring. Actually, anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of her (which is why they are there) would be hard pressed to pick her out of a sea of black. The mission of the Duke and Duchess was spelt out quite clearly and it is all about being seen and being seen to be there!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the United States of America

As to the length of her coats and dresses, they are as they always are, too short. I do not understand why she gets a free pass when she wears things like this. They are fine when she stands in front of a mirror, very elegant, on trend, etc. but, unlike most people, she is going to be sitting, standing, moving around, raising her arms or bending over or crouching, all things that alter the line, length and style of an ensemble. Most of us would not do much of that but if we did we would not have the cameras of the world with their telescopic lenses trained on our every breath.

I realize that there are differing opinions regarding how long Kate's dresses and coats are, but I think the vast majority of people looking at her don't really think about it one way or another. Personally, I think she generally wears things in lengths that are flattering to her. But this mention of a "free pass" makes me laugh. Kate's a grown woman, she dresses appropriately (I mean, even considering that some find the dresses a bit short, they're hardly risqué) - is there some branch of the fashion police that's supposed to call her in and tell her to alter her hemlines just because some don't find them to be perfect at every angle?

UGH. More black and the coat she wore tonight didn't do a thing for her. Why not a pop of crimson or green or even sapphire blue???? I don't expect her to follow in her late mother-in-law's footsteps, but this is drab and boring.
:ohmy:

The black coat by GOAT is way too short. Kate looks like she is in mourning with all the black and a pop of color while visiting children wouldn't hurt.

Basketball outfit - I would've assumed that Kate must of roasted wearing that coat indoors though that looks was quite pretty.

classy, casual and sophisticated. LOVE IT!

Jeans for the basket ball are fine, but are they really appropriate for a reception at the British Counsel General's?

I liked the heels and skinny pants for the basket (even though unusual) but the coat is simply hideous... It does nothing fo her... It is totally a miss for me... Hope to see a better piece today...

Jeans for the basket ball are fine, but are they really appropriate for a reception at the British Counsel General's?

I quite agree with you, all this black and gray is not making her look like she wants to be seen by the public, and the coat at the basketball game was ugly, doesn't any one in the family/friends/court help her with her choices of clothing for this trip? So far this is, clothing only, been dull and boring. If she is perhaps thinking that black clothes is the chic thing to do, she is way off base for her position as this is where she needs and must be seen. She is there to support her charities and should realize that many people want to see her and the media is around her all the time, so use some color and be seen.

A perfect choice for the basket ball game imo . Thought William was the one who was a little too casual.

A perfect choice for the basket ball game imo . Thought William was the one who was a little too casual.

It's perfect, if a bit plaid on Will's part for what a guy wears to a Nets game. Staff, seated behind W and C went rolled up shirt sleeves too. Those arenas are often warm and court side it's chaotic with the squeaking of shoes, bodies crashing and sweat flying. It makes you wonder why people pay more to sit on the floor? ;)

How does one dress for a game of basketball? He looked fine and fit right in, those in suits and jackets look out of place. Been to many basketballs games, and most people are in jeans, shirts and sweater and sneakers.....

Loved her outfit. I thought she looked great.

I LOVE that she went for a pink coat. Personally, I prefer a tailored coat but considering she's pregnant, it makes sense. I really like this choice.

It's perfect, if a bit plaid on Will's part for what a guy wears to a Nets game. Staff, seated behind W and C went rolled up shirt sleeves too. Those arenas are often warm and court side it's chaotic with the squeaking of shoes, bodies crashing and sweat flying. It makes you wonder why people pay more to sit on the floor? ;)

Does anyone else find William sexy with his collar unbuttoned?

I disliked what she wore for the NBA game.
Love today's outfit.
That bright pink is divine and she rocks it!
My only ? - why didn't she wear the pink ensemble yesterday, and the black today? Would have been more event - appropriate , IMO.

Does anyone else find William sexy with his collar unbuttoned?

I do, he looks like an average guy going to a basketball game with his date/wife, normal and a rare chance for him to be like that. I like what I see in him on this trip....lots of self-confidence and maturity.:)

I disliked what she wore for the NBA game.
Love today's outfit.
That bright pink is divine and she rocks it!
My only ? - why didn't she wear the pink ensemble yesterday, and the black today? Would have been more event - appropriate , IMO.

Yes, yr so right Roseroyal, I was hoping that she would brighten her looks for all this black and grey was boring on her, the pink would of been so much better for the school for that is a happy color for children, and the black coat would of been more for the memorial which is a somber place...anyhow I love the pink coat and the hair out of the face for a change. Now for tonight....:flowers::)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've liked all 3 of Catherine's "coats" worn during this trip. However, I'm a bit surprised that she didn't wear the bright pink coat yesterday to visit w/the children and the black coat today to the 9-11 Memorial.

Anyone else of that opinion?

I've liked all 3 of Catherine's "coats" worn during this trip. However, I'm a bit surprised that she didn't wear the bright pink coat yesterday to visit w/the children and the black coat today to the 9-11 Memorial.

Anyone else of that opinion?

Totally agree with you, I think the event today demanded sombre colours out of respect for the victims and the bright pink would have been much more jolly for visiting children. It seems obvious but obviously not for Kate.

Yes I think the pink coat might have been a better choice for the previous engagement, but at least we get to see a brighter colour on this trip. This is my favourite of her outfits so far.

Honestly I am taken aback by these choices... All new and not particularly striking outfits IMO... I don't know why she chosed to ewear such a bright color for the memorial while she dressed in black for more cheerful events... Can't undertstand that at all

She looked good in pink today. Does she ever take off her coats? Must have been boiling hot at the NBA last night, and today in the close quarters of the dance exhibition.

I really liked the pink coat. The coat she wore to the NBA was nice, but I would have liked to see what top she was wearing.

Totally agree with you, I think the event today demanded sombre colours out of respect for the victims and the bright pink would have been much more jolly for visiting children. It seems obvious but obviously not for Kate.

She may have been taking a page from the Queen and Camilla. Both wore bright colors when they visited Ground Zero. The Queen wore a blue floral dress and Camilla wore a bright pink one.

Last edited:

You do not measure "respect for victims" by the colour of people's clothes. Millions of people come to this memorial and they wear colour - no one thinks less of them.

You do not measure "respect for victims" by the colour of people's clothes. Millions of people come to this memorial and they wear colour - no one thinks less of them.

I've noticed that even family members of the victims don't wear black when they visit. Life goes on after tragedy.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've visited many memorials. I've never set out to wear dark colors for the occasion. I've never seen anyone else do that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom