The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports Aid dress- love the whole outfit! Love the color.
Tonight- I have to agree with everybody- one of her best looks ever, and that fella on her arm ain't looking too shabby either! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY! Updo, beautiful dress and jewellery we can see! She's cracked it. Please continue Catherine!

Certainly one of her best looks ever! The dress is very elegant and the hairstyle too. Like! :)

I am totally shocked by this look after her last two evening outings were so tacky. This time she nailed it. This dress is beautiful and miracle of miracles, her hair is up so you can actually see her lovely earrings. This is the way to wear black lace. The black lining under the lace makes the dress look so elegant. The black lace with the light colored underlining she wore to the "War Horse" premiere looked so cheap, like it was made from old lace curtains dyed black.

So much damning with faint praise. so many sad people o. Here with a negative attitude,

she looked lovely. Glad she is looking better, as she looked unwell at the weekend.

Stunning...elegant outfit with stunning accessories and hair.

LaRae

Catherine looks lovely tonight - beautiful black lace full length dress, with a marvellous hairstyle - I love to see her wearing jewels!

Although I think Kate looks elegant, some of the comments in the DM say the dress and hairstyle are intended for a much older woman! Really, she can't win!

She looks terrific! I especially like the back of the dress. I also love the earrings.

Although I think Kate looks elegant, some of the comments in the DM say the dress and hairstyle are intended for a much older woman! Really, she can't win!

I would take no notice of 99% of the comments posted in the DM.

Sports Aid dress- love the whole outfit! Love the color.
Tonight- I have to agree with everybody- one of her best looks ever, and that fella on her arm ain't looking too shabby either! LOL!

You nailed it! Catherine looks stunning. There's not a single thing I would criticize about this ensemble (but then again, I rarely have issues with what she wears). William is definitely a fine addition to the whole look :D.

She got it right again! Finally! :D Her best look since the aquamarine Jenny Packham dress back in 2012. And in both cases she wore her hair up. It makes a helluva difference.

Now she just needs to learn to stand up straight and stop holding her clutch purse pressed into her crotch. If she could manage that she could look absolutely stunning and every bit a duchess. Maybe that will come with increasing confidence.

She looks perfect. Stylish and elegant.

One of the key elements of this dress, and the Packham Jade dress in 2012 is that there is "interest" at the back. Here it is a V neck at the back; and in 2012 there was that wonderful lace back to the dress.

though i like the dress and she looks amazing, it seems she's lacking a little bit of bling (a brooch or tiara maybe?) or probably just a red lipstick. but then that's just my preference having just seen CP Mary's recent photo in the other thread.

kinda weird for me that her mom chose a similar style of dress in the same color too. and i saw another picture (from another blog) that another guest seemed to have worn the same dress as kate's.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Finally, a word that seems to be repeated. Lovely hairdo, I have been begging for low chignon or bun for years, so flattering. Perfect dress with back interest. But, where is the baby?
P Mary seems to have the same hairdo, tonight,but much more scraped up and swept back, They are both wearing aquamarine earrings. Catherine is getting there...

Last edited:
I'd really like to know if there was staff at the Royal Variety Performance standing by to pick up jaws that hit the floor as Kate entered the room.

Definitely a wOw factor involved here. Classically elegant in my book.

I'd really like to know if there was staff at the Royal Variety Performance standing by to pick up jaws that hit the floor as Kate entered the room.

Definitely a wOw factor involved here. Classically elegant in my book.

Funny- I wondered the same thing! LOL!

My favourite look on her, by far. As soon as I saw her, I was blown away. Absolutely gorgeous dress, perfect for her figure. The earrings and hairstyle were the perfect accessories. She looked beautiful!

But, where is the baby?

You can see it better in side angle shots. (If I knew how to post photos, I would. As much as I hate the DailyMail, they have a good one with their article.) Black tends to hide it, especially from a front view - which is perhaps partly why she chose it. There's definitely a bump there, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can definitely see the baby from the side view.

Gorgeous hair, lovely dress, elegant accessories...Kate looked perfect!

though i like the dress and she looks amazing, it seems she's lacking a little bit of bling (a brooch or tiara maybe?) or probably just a red lipstick. but then that's just my preference having just seen CP Mary's recent photo in the other thread.

kinda weird for me that her mom chose a similar style of dress in the same color too. and i saw another picture (from another blog) that another guest seemed to have worn the same dress as kate's.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

At the Royal Variety a tiara would not be worn and a brooch would look out of place on a lace dress. Catherine doesn't really have the features to pull off bright red lipstick, IMO.

She looks fantastic as she is!

They both look great, very appropriate, happy and I love Catherine's hair!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

She looks amazing. My favourite EVER of all the things she has worn. The dress is nice and fits her perfectly. The up do is gorgeous and looks soooo much better than her usual curtain of hair.

This is her best long gown look so far. The hair was perfectly styled well for the look. The dress is lovely and it fits and moves very well when she walks.

I don't think it's strange that other women wore the same style dress . These dresses are in style now.

At the Royal Variety a tiara would not be worn and a brooch would look out of place on a lace dress. Catherine doesn't really have the features to pull off bright red lipstick, IMO.

She looks fantastic as she is!

I agree. She has thin lips. Wearing bright lipstick would just highlight that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom