The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, that is elegant. Stunning!

I love the shoes too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite elegant, suits her perfectly, doesn't look like anything seen on others recently. I'll bet she was thrilled to be wearing something lovely after having been so sick for weeks. I would love to have those sandals with the ribbon tie.

The Duchess looks very elegant. I just love the color combo. Those shoes are perfection and that blue is so pretty. All in all, she looks amazing. Love it.

she looks lovely - and we have a new necklace! glad to have her back... Kate we have missed you!!

It's a beautiful shade of blue on Kate. Still unsure about the skirt though the wrap bodice is very flattering. Would like to see a better photo of the necklace.

She looks amazing....one of her best looks to date.

Love it as a Baby blue sheath... Hate it with mini skirt revealed... Looks seriously tarty, and 'footballers wife' imo.. Would have been lovely simply split to the knee !

Quite elegant, suits her perfectly, doesn't look like anything seen on others recently.

Yes, the look is wonderful, and somewhat different!
Nice to see her in such soft colors (although she wears jewel tones well).
Still, the jewel tones are the usual thing for autumn, so the blue and pale pink strikes an unexpected note.

I can't decide on which dress I prefer, as I think Catherine looks nice on both.

She looks elegant in the grey dress and the colour suits her. Her hat isn't my favourite, but it's not bad either.

Her blue dress is lovely and that shade of blue is very pretty. I'm not as keen on the shoes though, but like the hat with her grey outfit, they're not terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

she looks lovely - and we have a new necklace! glad to have her back... Kate we have missed you!!

I love the necklace. Its just so delicate and so Kate. Looks wonderful on her.

Well for those who thought Kate might be getting to look a tad safe and frumpy with her longer length outfits and signature coat dresses, this definitely bucks the trend. I think she looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love this evening look. Something different and it suits her.

OOH, I love both the day and evening looks.

She looks so happy - radiant!
I had almost forgotten how very pretty she is.

Here is a tip - when someone dangles another royal on this thread and says they dress better, they are welcome to their opinion. But they will go away if we don't respond to them. ;):whistling:

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the look in general, however, Catherine pulls it off nicely. The shade of blue is beautiful on her as well. Goes with her complexion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I would not expect the Duchess to wear a dress like this. I love the color and the upper half but I think the overall style is not classy and cheap looking.

The Duchess this morning

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Hairstyle/Back view

Duchess Catherine is wearing a checked grey Alexander McQueen coatdress and a Jane Taylor hat.

I absolutely love this outfit. It's elegant, timeless, and just exquisite. The Duchess looks so happy and amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked great in the coat dress, love the way the skirt is cut on the bias and great plaid. A nice Bordeaux thread running through the plaid would have been better, with a belt, small one, in the deep red with matching accessories.
I can't imagine taking the carriage ride if I was feeling the least bit nauseous.

The evening gown was terrific, great fit, wrap showing off her slightly busty look, cute mini underneath. Don't mind all the curls but would have liked it arranged so we had clear view of the jewelry. Great color for her.

She looked great in the coat dress, love the way the skirt is cut on the bias and great plaid. A nice Bordeaux thread running through the plaid would have been better, with a belt, small one, in the deep red with matching accessories.
I can't imagine taking the carriage ride if I was feeling the least bit nauseous.

The evening gown was terrific, great fit, wrap showing off her slightly busty look, cute mini underneath. Don't mind all the curls but would have liked it arranged so we had clear view of the jewelry. Great color for her.

Good suggestion about the color accents.

I like the coat dress. It's a great fit and color. I am less sure about the hat but I think she looks great for someone who is probably still a bit under the weather. She is probably on anti-nausea medication. I didn't have to take it but I think it can make you tired--and it probably isn't 100% effective.

As for the evening dress, I liked the color but am not sure about the cut of the dress. Maybe it it's the sleeves. The shoes are fantastic. Those are the type of shoes I look at but never buy. Three steps and I would have a twisted ankle. I would love to see a good picture of the necklace

I do like deep red accents with gray, but I thought the look this morning was perfect.

As for the dress - I don't care for large slits/mullet dress,etc, but I thought the cut and color of it superb. I agree about the hair and jewelry.

I think she looked superb morning and evening, even though I am not a fan of the hat she wore.

Her evening look was stunning. Only a tall, slender woman with amazing legs could have carried it off...and Kate certainly did!;)

Well, I'm glad she seems to be done with the short skirts. I guess there are some that would like her to wear a leather miniskirt in hot pink with a lime green tube top.
Ala Stephanie of Monaco....thank goodness we won't ever have worry about seeing Kate in that sort of get up.
Indeed, Catherine looked very much on trend and really, it was hard to fault. However, much as I loved the hat and the way she placed it, and as much as I admired the plaid style coatdress, it leached every bit of colour from her face (blusher notwithstanding). While not a fan of a ponytail with a hat, it gave us a good view of the immaculate tailoring of her coatdress and the distinctiveness of her hat.
Love it as a Baby blue sheath... Hate it with mini skirt revealed... Looks seriously tarty, and 'footballers wife' imo.. Would have been lovely simply split to the knee !
Sorry KittyAtlanta and Pranter, she just moved it to the evening and looked stunning in a powder blue evening dress.

The bodice sculpted her figure and skimmed elegantly over the bustline and hips, the almost sweetheart neckline allowing enough space to showcase one of her beautiful necklaces. Alas, Catherine's hair obscured her silver looking necklace and then . . . . . OMG!!! . . . . she moved and it went from this:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Natural+History+YXuj8uBQXc_l.jpg

to this:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Natural+History+bgi4XDVgmP2l.jpg

Gone was the elegant column dress and in it's place? A mini skirt with a WAGish mullet!

Last edited:
I really dislike this dress on all levels. The slit is too high, the understate looks like the designer ran out of fabric for a proper lining. The color is too pale which washes Catherine out. Moreover, the dress is too plain with too much going on, the gathering on the side, the slit, underskirt. Catherine's curls where done nicely but the top part was too flat. I also don't get why she would wear a necklace when your hair will cover it. Her pumps where lovely but with the tie on the sides, I didnt think they worked nicely with this dress nor did the color.

Personally I think the dress should've been with a lower slit (up to the knees), no underskirt and a brooch at the waist where the gatherings pull together. Hair in a ponytail with ends curled to show off the necklace and neckline. As for the pumps, something with a slight sparkle would do.

Last edited:
although the shoes are to die for, the dress is too bland for my taste. i was never a big fan of wrap dresses in any case, but this doesn't do jenny packham any justice - it's bland and boring. her morning look though was beautiful. in any case, it's nice to see kate out and about.

I am torn about the dress, I like the wrap style and the colour but the execution is poor. When the mini skirt fully shows, its really unflattering.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/21/1413926663391_wps_29_The_Duchess_of_Cambridge_.jpg

When Kate stands still (in poor posture), the dress looks too bland, almost like a bathrobe
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/21/1413922617757_wps_15_The_Duchess_of_Cambridge_.jpg

And why wearing pretty jewellery when it is being completely covered by a wall of hair hanging down?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/21/1413926967019_wps_36_The_Duchess_of_Cambridge_.jpg

I really dislike this dress on all levels. The slit is too high, the understate looks like the designer ran out of fabric for a proper lining.

Personally I think the dress should've been with a lower slit (up to the knees), no underskirt and a brooch at the waist where the gatherings pull together. Hair in a ponytail with ends curled to show off the necklace and neckline. As for the pumps, something with a slight sparkle would do.

I agree that all your suggestions would have been much better.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom