The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate is the picture of elegance. I really like this outfit.

Catherine looks really nice, I like the classic coat which also is flattering. the hair looks different for a nice change, I don't really like the hat with the ponytail but nevertheless her overall is quite nice.

Nice look/outfit...she does look a bit wan. Her eyes in that one pic, you can tell she's been thru an ordeal.

Last edited:
These coat dresses make Kate look so old and matronly, this one is especially hideous because of the colour and pattern, I can't imagine anything more granny-ish to wear.

ups, but there is something underneath!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...0_14_The_D.jpg

Well, I'm glad she seems to be done with the short skirts. I guess there are some that would like her to wear a leather miniskirt in hot pink with a lime green tube top.

Kate looked great today. The hat isn't my favorite, but I really like the coatdress and her hairstyle.

^^^LOL, you're right, of course. However, she is pregnant and she is wearing fashion, so I'm not too far out of line!

I wonder what Kate will wear this evening. Hope she feels up to it

Well, I'm glad she seems to be done with the short skirts. I guess there are some that would like her to wear a leather miniskirt in hot pink with a lime green tube top.

Ala Stephanie of Monaco....thank goodness we won't ever have worry about seeing Kate in that sort of get up.

These coat dresses make Kate look so old and matronly, this one is especially hideous because of the colour and pattern, I can't imagine anything more granny-ish to wear.

ups, but there is something underneath!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...0_14_The_D.jpg

I would imagine it's another dress or a pair of shorts....I don't see that outfit as being granny-ish...the color is ok/fitting, the style is nice..elegant. She's not 21 going out to the club.

LaRae

I don't like the coat dress at all fabric is too old for her wish she would get a stylist or learn from princess mary her dress sense is awful

I think Kate dresses much better than Mary; I was really surprised to see Mary wearing skirts longer than her coat (which I think looks sloppy).

I quite like the coat dress but I don't particularly like the way her hair has been styled with this hat. It's great to see her back but I hope she soon regains more of her sparkle.

I do not like this style coat dress on Catherine. She has a high waist to begin with and this style only makes things worse. Every time she wears this style it looks like the seam where the bodice meets the skirt is in the wrong place and not at her natural waist. In addition the seam always ends up looking a little bumpy due in part to whatever is being used as a fastener (snap, button or something). The end result makes it look like bad tailoring, though there may actually be some of that too. The end result is always a look that appears unfinished. If she were to add a belt, even one made of the same fabric - anything to hide that seam line, I think it would look better. After all of that, I do like the plaid but something in a brighter color like red might have put a little more color in her face. But maybe she was feeling a bit grey today.

Nice look/outfit...she does look a bit wan. Her eyes in that one pic, you can tell she's been thru an ordeal.

I agree. There were a few photos in which she looked rather queasy IMO.
I like the ponytail she's worn today. The coatdress is a familiar shape and I find it to be an elegant look for today's State Visit.

I'm not fond of the pattern because it looks too much like my high school uniform.

Ala Stephanie of Monaco....thank goodness we won't ever have worry about seeing Kate in that sort of get up.
Well Halloween is just around the corner so we might get our wish. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess this morning

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Hairstyle/Back view

Duchess Catherine is wearing a checked grey Alexander McQueen coatdress and a Jane Taylor hat.

I like the outfit very much, a bit of colour here and there would be nice, but over all it is lovely and so good to see Catherine in public again!
Just as an aside, when you click on the first pic and before you click it to enlargen it, the pixilation to me is preferable to the actual plaid design - sort of stripy, which i like!

.. gosh and like Boo Radley she has come out .... well I love the outfit love the hair love the look ...

I don't think Kate should learn anything from Mary.
Each woman has her own style and is comfortable with it.

I don't think Kate should learn anything from Mary.
Each woman has her own style and is comfortable with it.

I agree! Imagine how horrible it would be if everyone dressed in the same clothes and didn't have their own style?! I cannot imagine Catherine or any other royal lady spending hours trawling through Hello! or Hola! magazine looking for inspiration from other royals! Ironically, quite a number of ordinary folk do just that, but rarely follow that inspiration through themselves!
To put it into perspective, for reasons already discussed over the years, Catherine is performing a limited amount of public events, especially at the moment. Accordingly, there are fewer outfits for us to see and talk about. As such, some of us have higher expectations than normal when she wears something new - and the higher the expectation....the greater the disappointment when the outfit does not match exactly those expectations.
If Catherine were out and about each and every day including a change for an evening event, there would be hundreds of new outfits and dresses each year and those that don't fit the bill would be forgiven more.
That's my take on it anyway!
Can't wait to see this evenings outfit!

This evening's gown;

@MaxFosterCNN: “@markacuthbert: Kate arrives tonight thanks to @royalfocus1 http://t.co/2E0r0LQmLl”

Jenny Packham is the designer.

@RE_DailyMail: She's also wearing cream satin evening shoes with a tie around the ankle and a silver filigree necklace. Sorry, not my pic to post!

The shoes are LK Bennett and they are horrible.

She could have worn something a little more elegant; even if the dress didn't have the massive slit and underskirt it would be better. It's evidently been modified for Catherine to have the skirt and not a full slit.

@royalfocus1: #DuchessOfCambridge arrives @NHM_London in a daring Jenny Packham dress for the #wpy2014 #Royals #RoyalBaby http://t.co/0KqrcWv002

Now this is beautiful;
@JordonLee: Royals in blue: Queen Letizia also looked beautiful in a blue dress last night at a journo awards ceremony in Madrid http://t.co/bsp9sVivFg

The shoes are awesome without the dress and the dress is awesome without the shoes.
Why pink and blue together? It's just not right IMO.
I hope she's not trying to avoid rumours about the baby's gender in this way.. xD

I'm curious to that necklace. Hopefully we'll have close-up pics soon without the hair in front of it.

Frankly this is one of her best outifit ever I've seen her wear! I think the pale blue suits her and makes her look sweet! She is not showing like her fromer pregnnacy at this stage but wow!

One of her best looks ever!

Love the combo of light blue and pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom