The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark green, peach, teal, pink, white, b/white, yellow, red, brown, blue.......

you've missed a lot ;)

Thanks, Cepe - I actually meant the trend for this spring and the entire gal pack part of the RF. Either the Yorks were all dark or the pack was all pale. Her Majesty was pulling the rich coloured train this spring, at least in my memory. I know Kate had a few color moments, but... And I do realize that it is my personal taste, but I want these ladies to up the energy with color this summer. I'd settle for Union Jack Red White and Blue at this point!

Quite dull, which is good. And a good reason for a major piece of jewelry.
Love that the DOC has taken to wearing her hair back.

And will even more so when the baby is born, as we all do!

Kate wore blue earlier this spring plus the queen was in blue so Kate can't wear it too. Kate tends to wear pale colors to family events except for the river pageant last year when she wore bright red but it blended into the royal barge so she didn't steal the show from the queen.

Kate wore blue earlier this spring plus the queen was in blue so Kate can't wear it too. Kate tends to wear pale colors to family events except for the river pageant last year when she wore bright red but it blended into the royal barge so she didn't steal the show from the queen.
The show isn't stolen from the Queen, she is the show.

The color of her outfit doesn't mean what she is having. Why not wear pink? Its a lovely color and its a nice color on her as well. Moreover she has worn the color in the past.

I really like the pink outfit. Great color, and very elegant and classic. Not a fan of the hat though.

Love the entire TTC look. Stunning elegance!

I've been puzzling over something for a few days. Although some think Catherine always presents a suitable and polished appearance, others decry her 'boring' and non-chic choice of maternity clothes. I've been trying to find some examples of 'high fashion' maternity wear. (But be careful how you google- a few -ahem!-rather kinky images have turned up.) I haven't been able to find any really high style pictures- plenty of tacky tight gowns. Perhaps the dignified subtle clothing that Catherine wears is as good as it gets for the tasteful.

And I did look at a number of pictures of other pregnant princesses. With the exception of a few formal gowns, their clothing seemed pretty ordinary.

I'd love to see pictures of maternity clothes that are suitable for both a princess or for a high-style model or actress.

And of course, Catherine could have every outfit custom made, but what would a McQueen dress look like (other than what we've seen). What is both tasteful and non-boring?

Last edited:
Several posts have been removed as they contained personal attacks on other posters. Please remember that such attacks go strongly against the forum rules.

I've been puzzling over something for a few days. Although some think Catherine always presents a suitable and polished appearance, others decry her 'boring' and non-chic choice of maternity clothes. I've been trying to find some examples of 'high fashion' maternity wear. (But be careful how you google- a few -ahem!-rather kinky images have turned up.) I haven't been able to find any really high style pictures- plenty of tacky tight gowns. Perhaps the dignified subtle clothing that Catherine wears is as good as it gets for the tasteful.

And I did look at a number of pictures of other pregnant princesses. With the exception of a few formal gowns, their clothing seemed pretty ordinary.

I'd love to see pictures of maternity clothes that are suitable for both a princess or for a high-style model or actress.

And of course, Catherine could have every outfit custom made, but what would a McQueen dress look like (other than what we've seen). What is both tasteful and non-boring?

Agreed. Images of stylish maternity wear is difficult to source and it is equally difficult to look one's best during such time. Empire line clothing obviously helps but you are right...mission impossible!:flowers:

Agreed. Images of stylish maternity wear is difficult to source and it is equally difficult to look one's best during such time. Empire line clothing obviously helps but you are right...mission impossible!:flowers:

For all we know, to be really comfortable, she could be wearing a pair of Will's briefs. I know I wore my hubby's during that last month. damn comfortable!!
Y'know.. the sturdy tighty whiteys kinda thing?

For all we know, to be really comfortable, she could be wearing a pair of Will's briefs. I know I wore my hubby's during that last month. damn comfortable!!

:lol::lol::lol: I did exactly the same!!:lol:

Originally posted by Osipi:

:lol::lol::lol: I did exactly the same!!:lol:

Aussie!! You wore Osipi's husband's briefs??

OK.. OK.. one secret of the ya ya mamas of the traveling briefs is out..

DO NOT pass it on under the penalty of death by chocolate donuts.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by Osipi:

Aussie!! You wore Osipi's husband's briefs??

YEP! But I asked Osipi permission first.

Um...were you needing them back Osipi? :blush:

I really like her Tara Jarmon coat, Goat coat and that Emilia Wickstead blue dress. Actually, she wears some pretty gorgeous maternity clothes.

I really like her Tara Jarmon coat, Goat coat and that Emilia Wickstead blue dress. Actually, she wears some pretty gorgeous maternity clothes.

I have to agree. When you look at all the looks, it was a coherent, pretty approach to dressing. She chose to show off her legs a bit more - which tells me that she understands her good features.

She eschewed both tent dressing and wrapping the bump in tight stretch fabric - finding a happy medium in which she never looked silly or contrived. She obviously considered both cost and her own comfort.

While I don't always love what she wore - I do admire someone of her age who has a reasoned plan for dressing to short term needs. I thought the effort exceedingly well done!

I lovethe Hobbs coat I think the rest was pretty average IMO..

I liked what she wore it was smart and not all cutesy. We haven't really seen that much of her off duty and pregnant. Kate even now near the end doesn't look all that big so she is lucky there. I love the black and white coat I thought it was very eye catching. I wasn't so keen on the short spotted dress it was just a little too short! But she does have great legs so why not show them. I like that she didn't wear tents or go the other way and show too much like some pregnant celebs who continued to dress as if they weren't pregnant and looked awful. A lot of work went into that site but it was worth it, it is a lovely look back at the past almost 9 months.

I have to agree. When you look at all the looks, it was a coherent, pretty approach to dressing. She chose to show off her legs a bit more - which tells me that she understands her good features.

She eschewed both tent dressing and wrapping the bump in tight stretch fabric - finding a happy medium in which she never looked silly or contrived. She obviously considered both cost and her own comfort.

While I don't always love what she wore - I do admire someone of her age who has a reasoned plan for dressing to short term needs. I thought the effort exceedingly well done!

Agreed.

She does dress nicely and classy, although I still do not agree with the media that she's a fashion icon.

I thought she looked great very classy but not a fashion icon. Everything she wore was on trend and you see most of her looks anywhere. She really loves her boots doesn't she? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom