The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like the print. Not a fan of the hat either. One of her worst looks in my opinion.

Kate in the outfit. I personally really don't like this coat. Animal print isn't easy to pull off nor is it flattering IMO.

Full view ** Close up

You're right, animal print isn't easy especially when you're 8 months pregnant. Possibly one of her worst outfits for me. For once, I don't mind the fascinator but I will always hate the 'plopped look'.

I agree it is not a good look. I have got used to seeing her in softer/summery colours. I am never keen on her black and white outfits but the animal print really doesn' appeal either.

I don't dislike it, but I do prefer her bright summery colors. And she has a new hat and bag!

At this point in her pregnancy, she gets points just for showing up. I imagine she'd much prefer to be at home with her feet up right now

I don't dislike it, but I do prefer her bright summery colors. And she has a new hat and bag!

I agree - wasnt sure to start with because it is so different from her usual style but it's growing on me. I like the fact that she is trying something new.

Not a fan of Dalmatian print on anyone, except the doggie itself. :(

It's not Dalmatian. That would be Cruella DeVill territory.

I actually love this look. It surprised me when I first saw it because its so different for her. But kudos to her for doing something different and taking a risk.

I'm with cepe-it grew on me, and I think she looks radiant.

I actually love this look. It surprised me when I first saw it because its so different for her. But kudos to her for doing something different and taking a risk.

Me too!

I think it's great she is trying something a bit different; also, it is an inexpensive look which should appeal to anyone complaining about the cost of her wardrobe. ;)

Where is the hat from? Anyone recognize the designer?

She looks fabulous for someone as far along in a pregnancy as she is. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of this outfit, although I don't think it looks terrible or anything.

Me too!

I think it's great she is trying something a bit different; also, it is an inexpensive look which should appeal to anyone complaining about the cost of her wardrobe. ;)

Where is the hat from? Anyone recognize the designer?

Sylvia Fletcher from Lock and Co

Even though I'm not a fan of animal prints, I must say Catherine looks very nice, but I would rather see her in lively and bright colors than the one she wore today.
However its always great to see something diferent on her.

I liked the look it's something different. And, she wore a slip so when the wind blew all you saw was he slip no leg.

I join the club of those who don't like this outfit.

Any ID on the bag?

I don't hate it. Animal print is pretty hard to wear but so many people who wear it, are more chav. She wears it pretty well.

I love the jacket. So much fun and let's be honest, at 8 months along, there aren't a whole lot of options out there. She chose to have fun with a printed fabric, good for her. The hat/fascinator is nice, but I would have liked to have seen a pillbox type hat with this coat.

Ick! The whole look is awful, not summery, too busy. BUT, yes she does get points for showing up. :ermm:

I love this choice. She was launching a cruise ship - so why not wear some resort-ish print. Leopard, snake, zebra and tiger get overdone, but not faux dalmatian. And I appreciated the way the print was placed in the cut - it served to elongate, slim and smooth the overall look. The Duchess has made a point to de-emphasize the bump throughout her pregnancy - and this did the same job admirably. And by de-emphasize I mean she avoided the skin tight jersey option we see so often. ;)

We all complain about the blergh choices she makes. Well this time she is not blergh. She is young and fun and I like it. To each his/her own. :lol:

Did the Telegraph call it a hit or a miss? Has anyone seen yet?

the website does describe the outfit as Dalmation.

I love this choice. She was launching a cruise ship - so why not wear some resort-ish print. Leopard, snake, zebra and tiger get overdone, but not faux dalmatian. And I appreciated the way the print was placed in the cut - it served to elongate, slim and smooth the overall look. The Duchess has made a point to de-emphasize the bump throughout her pregnancy - and this did the same job admirably. And by de-emphasize I mean she avoided the skin tight jersey option we see so often. ;)

We all complain about the blergh choices she makes. Well this time she is not blergh. She is young and fun and I like it. To each his/her own. :lol:

Did the Telegraph call it a hit or a miss? Has anyone seen yet?

Its a HIT in the telegraph

Its a HIT in the telegraph

Cepe - that makes me laugh. I always try to guess what they will say - and am wrong most of the time. Even though I know I will guess wrong (and so think to guess the other way), I miss!

Does anyone else have this experience? :lol:

Well, it's not...super great. She still looks pretty tiny, though! I would never have guessed she's due in a month.

I really like this outfit. I think the coat and hat are cute and she looks good in them.

Miss. Hat's ugly. The dress print hurts my eyes. I know the press is calling it a Dalmatian print, looks more like a bad leopard print to me, and I am not a fan of leopard print to start with...

The little bag is cute.
Too bad she did her signature pose of holding it with both hands in front of her and not holding it by the strap and letting her arms hang relaxed next to her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom