The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling a need to comment on the Paternity fashion of the Duke of Cambridge.
We all know he owns this one style of navy suit and wears somewhere south of a dozen ties. Daddies to be sometimes also go through transitions while expecting.
From this back view it seems William needs to see his tailor: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/26/article-2315136-197EFB87000005DC-951_964x1170.jpg
I kvetched the other day about the fit of the Duchess' pale blue dress. Well here's some sauce for the gander as well! The fit of those trousers! :lol:

I said it was altered! Still too short for my liking though, the colours are good and I expect the weather was reasonable enough to pull out a dress.

I have to agree and she needs to be careful with the floaty fabric. Still it is a cute dress for a fun engagement today.

I'm feeling a need to comment on the Paternity fashion of the Duke of Cambridge.
We all know he owns this one style of navy suit and wears somewhere south of a dozen ties. Daddies to be sometimes also go through transitions while expecting.
From this back view it seems William needs to see his tailor: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/26/article-2315136-197EFB87000005DC-951_964x1170.jpg
I kvetched the other day about the fit of the Duchess' pale blue dress. Well here's some sauce for the gander as well! The fit of those trousers! :lol:
LOL I've been thinking that we need a thread entitled "William and his favorite blue suit." :p

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that I dislike is the hard, heavy make-up she's wearing. Too much black eye-liner on her eyes, I know she likes it that way because she wears it like that many times, but a softer and lighter make-up would definately suit her better.

LOL I've been thinking that we need a thread entitled "William and his favorite blue suit." :p

Agreed - and I am beginning to suspect the ill fit is because the fabric has worn to the point where it bags. Sheeesh. :ROFLMAO:

Full view ~ Sideways

The photos are from this gallery on Getty Images:
Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge & Prince Harry Attend The Inauguration Of Warner Bros Studios Leavesden

I like the dress, black and white go well together. Her shoes and clutch bag are nice as well. Overall, I think this is one of my favourite outfits from Catherine this year (so far). :)

Absolutely love this dress! So fun!I agree- this and the blue dress are Kate's best looks of the year so far.....

Agreed - and I am beginning to suspect the ill fit is because the fabric has worn to the point where it bags. Sheeesh. :ROFLMAO:
"Your Royal Highness we need to consider the fact that your suit is no longer fit to be worn."

PW-"But the photographers only look at Catherine so what's the problem? Just hand me a needle and thread and I'll patch it up.";)

She looks soooo pregnant now. It suits her though! And I think the polka dots were a fun choice for interacting with all the kids.

I have a real love for polka dots, so I'm really loving this dress. It's well-accessorized as well (can't go wrong with black and white!), so a great look all around. The outfit also seems to highlight the fact that she's really looking pregnant now, and pregnancy really seems to suit her.

That's amazing. Two of my favorite women meeting each other and wearing really fun polka dots.

Absolutely love this dress! So fun!I agree- this and the blue dress are Kate's best looks of the year so far.....

I really like it too; but that's probably because I love polka dots in general. I have a matching cardigan and top that is similar to Catherine's dress and I wear them a lot. :)

Last edited:
The cute jacket saved the look. The cut of it left open was perfect for her. I adore polka dots, and the dress appears cute but very cheap looking, imo. Doesn't really fit her well to appear comfortable, a lot of gapping going on. And of course the length, same old.

Nice outfit! Love the polka dots!

I like the jacket the dress is not appropiate too short and too young for her IMO and yes the make up but as a lover of black eyeliner I should be taking advise here and I just cannot I love it and she obviously feels the same we are both lost causes in the eyeliner department IMO.

It's too short & too flimsy for me, its about time Kate has some weights sewn into her hemlines unless she likes being busy during events trying to prevent the dress from flying up.

It's too short & too flimsy for me, its about time Kate has some weights sewn into her hemlines unless she likes being busy during events trying to prevent the dress from flying up.

Absolutely agree! She urgently needs weights to her skirts.
I feel panicked every time I see her beeing outside in such flossy hemlines.

Yes, that hemline definitely needed weights; it nearly went upsy-daisy in a gust of wind in one of the photos.

Absolutely agree! She urgently needs weights to her skirts.
I feel panicked every time I see her beeing outside in such flossy hemlines.

On one of the photos, somewhere today, you can actually see that the hem is just a small, rolled foldover sewn with a straight stitch. She is brave!

That's because her hand was holding her dress down.:) It could have been a tad longer, too.

Last edited:
The polka dot dress is super cute. It's a bargain for 30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom