The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dress! It fits her well and the style looks very good on her along with the color...very classy!

LaRae

Love the coat, LOVE the dress! Much better than the green coat at the Scouts engagement the other day. Two thumbs up.

Are you suggesting that wearing pants or not are an either / or choice? I really do hope she was wearing pants with her Erdem dress today - In the UK, its not something we like to speculate too much about! :flowers:

LOL! Oh, the different meanings to the word depending on what side of the pond you are on! :lol:

I meant pants as in trousers. Not panties....:lol:

The print almost looks like a batik pattern...maybe inspired by her trip to Malaysia late last year ;)

Some gathers or a few wide pleats under the bust would have done wonders.
The more I look at this dress, the more I dislike it, pregnant or not.

Th dress only looked good from the side, the random random red down the front and back just looked awkward. The fit and style is not but the red is not.

IMO She Looks Nice cute ,, even her outfit is Lovely & suitable for pregnancy !! ,, But The thing that I really really Like is the Coat , The coat is very eleagnt .

The dress is lovely IMO and I like the color combination but not so much the print. Nevertheless she wore it well. Not a fan of the cream coat matched with the dress but its a nice coat.

Not sure I like the coat due to the way the shoulder part is designed.

LaRae

I remain undecided about yesterdays Erdem dress on Kate - obviously not specifically designed maternity wear i find the fit awkward in places. I also wonder that its quite an expenisve piece and she likes to modify outfits for reuse - will we see this modified for post pregnancy use?

I remain undecided about yesterdays Erdem dress on Kate - obviously not specifically designed maternity wear i find the fit awkward in places. I also wonder that its quite an expenisve piece and she likes to modify outfits for reuse - will we see this modified for post pregnancy use?

I agree with you and I think the price tag is high for a maternity dress unless she got it for free for publicied!:flowers:

I agree with you and I think the price tag is high for a maternity dress unless she got it for free for publicied!:flowers:

How likely is it that Catherine would compromise her position and accept a freebie, unlike her sister?

How likely is it that Catherine would compromise her position and accept a freebie, unlike her sister?

Never happen. This is all part of not "owing" favours to anyone, something that Diana got caught up in.

Never happen. This is all part of not "owing" favours to anyone, something that Diana got caught up in.

How likely is it that we would ever know if something like that occured? :whistling:

Think she looks lovely, particularly her hair and the colour of the frock. I even like the style. But the material is wrong, it shouldn't be that stiff and sticking out. And as usual with Wick stead, it isn't well made, It looks like something I made, and I'm pretty bad at dressmaking.

And as usual with sick stead, it isn't well made, It looks like something I made, and I'm pretty bad at dressmaking.

I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one who thought that! It looks awful, as if it was done this morning. The colour is beautiful though.

How likely is it that we would ever know if something like that occured? :whistling:

Because they made it clear before the wedding that freebies wouldn't be accepted and there is no way, IMO, that they would go back on that as the fallout would be enormous.

I love the style, and colour, but i do wish that someone @ Emilia Wickstead knew how to seam properly.

The first person we'd hear it from would be the designer. We haven't heard anything like that yet ... it's unlikely that we ever will.

A lovely dress for this evening's reception. This is my favourite of Kate's maternity wear so far. Loving the shoes too.

I like the overall look - the style, the color, the way she has her hair slightly pulled back. I think it might have looked even better with a simple necklace or something, but perhaps not. The earrings are lovely.

Because they made it clear before the wedding that freebies wouldn't be accepted and there is no way, IMO, that they would go back on that as the fallout would be enormous.

The fallout would be enormous, IF, we knew about it. That's all i'm saying.

It would never stay secret, never. Unfair advantage, favouritism etc. the claws would be out.

That's a gorgeous color and a pretty style, but I feel the outfit called for fancier shoes other than those gray suede ones. Silver shoes would have gone beautifully with the aqua. And her hair looks lovely pulled back to display those very nice earrings; I like the curls in back.

Edited to add: I saw later photos of the dress and have to say that the bodice does look very bunched and ill-fitting, especially in the back where it puffs out. But this is one of her better pregnancy looks to date.

Last edited:
All I can say is, WOW!!! Catherine is simply stunning tonight.

No one can keep a secret these days. There is always some disgruntled person willing to sell you out, no matter if a story is true or not, for 15 minutes of fame and a bit of $$$$.

It would never stay secret, never. Unfair advantage, favouritism etc. the claws would be out.

It would quite easily stay secret, Emilia Wickstead happens to come buy your house, and happens to have a dress in her car, and she happens to leave it at their house. Who exactly is going to tell? Emilia gets publicity for her awful sewing and Catherine gets a dress. :flowers:

Before, anyone starts, I am NOT saying Catherine or Pippa get freebies. I am just saying that IMO it would be very easy for them to do so.

No one can keep a secret these days.

Hate to say this, but that statement isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom