The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree; I think Kate is less concerned with exciting and more concerned with appropriate.

I've long thought that she is deliberately trying to avoid becoming the fashion icon that Diana was (everything Diana wore was analyzed and trumpeted in the media).

That might be the reason she repeats many of her outfits, buys High Street wares, and often goes in for muted colors.

Everything Kate wears is analyzed and trumpeted in the media (and now the internet world as well).

I for one don't care to see any of them taking risks....the only issue I've ever really had with Kate's clothing is sometimes they don't fit right. Usually I like her style and color choices.

Pants...have any of them ever worn pants to an official engagement other than when it's something like the Olympics or horse related events?

LaRae

I agree that's her biggest problem! Now that she's pregnant is even more evident because everyone is analyzing whether it fits the bump or not, but the problem has always been there, IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the nature of the position she married into. There will always be overwhelming scutiny no matter if the person is a fashion lover or not.

Love Sunday's outfit- not sure about today's.

The print is a bit busy but overall I like it! :flowers:

I love the cut, especially the neckline. I like the dress but I think the pattern doesn't lend well to a pregnant belly. The pregnancy makes the pattern pull and look unbalanced IMO.

I like the style, the length and the neckline, but not the busy print, although strong colors do look great on her. And the fit is perfect; no uneven hemlines.

Last edited:
Actually, I think she would look very elegant in a nice pants suit. A pair of slacks would have looked great with one of her shorter coats, like the blue tartan one, and would certainly help in the chilly weather as well.

Last edited:
Generally I like most of Kate's outfits and style, but this dress is really insignifiant. Could be OK for an H&M dress at 35 euros, but NOT for more that 1000 euros...
Really a NOTHING dress.

I looooove today's Erdem dress. It was so flattering and eye catching without being over the top. I know some of you find the print a bit busy, but I like the color palate on Catherine. I would bet children would find the print fun - so that makes it a good choice for the venue. Finally, It's a great example of how to use a print to accentuate the positive, making the most of Catherine's tall, fit maternity figure.

It's the kind of dress that would take ten pounds off any lady that wore it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had a job like Kate's. ;)

I love today's look so much. Great dress

I looooove today's Erdem dress. It was so flattering and eye catching without being over the top. I know some of you find the print a bit busy, but I like the color palate on Catherine. I would bet children would find the print fun - so that makes it a good choice for the venue. Finally, It's a great example of how to use a print to accentuate the positive, making the most of Catherine's tall, fit maternity figure.
I agree with you:flowers:
I really like the dress, though the print is a bit too busy and strong to my taste, Catherine totally carries it well, I always loved her in strong prints and for once spotting her in a dress without a coat (its been a while) its absolutely a big WIN for me.
I like the darkish blue shoes, it goes well with the dress.

And... did I mention before that her baby bump is so beautifully rounded?:D She is happy and glowing, it makes her even more beautiful!

Though I didn't dislike Sunday's outfit, today's fashion is way better for me;)

I like the dress, too. Also, the dress can't be off the rack, as it does not pull up in the front and her bump is quite prominent now. I don't mind the print, but it's the fit that makes it look good...something we've not seen much of in the past, IMO.

I didn't like it at first, but it started to grow on me and I'm now finding a very good dress.

You're right, KittyAtlanta. For the first time, she wears something that doesn't pull up in the front. That's why this dress fits much better than many of the coats she has been wearing in her pregnancy which were beautiful but looked a bit odd with her body.

Last edited:
I like the dress, too. Also, the dress can't be off the rack, as it does not pull up in the front and her bump is quite prominent now. I don't mind the print, but it's the fit that makes it look good...something we've not seen much of in the past, IMO.
I agree. The colors suit her well too.

Generally I like most of Kate's outfits and style, but this dress is really insignifiant. Could be OK for an H&M dress at 35 euros, but NOT for more that 1000 euros...
Really a NOTHING dress.

Agree 100%!!! It's ok and better than usual (no going up in the front) but it looks massively overpriced to me.

I'm not crazy about the print of today's dress - I don't like the way it's got the burgundy color only in the front bit. I think I might like it more if it were a consistent print all around the dress. I do like the shape and fit, though; it definitely flatters her. And, although I've enjoyed her coats lately, it's nice to see her in a dress.

I love this on her though it would not be a dress I would love if she were not prgnant, in other words it is a great maternity dress.
I love the rich blue colours and the length far more appropiate IMO than the way the Mulberry coat was styled.

I dislike the print but do favor the overall cut, neckline, length is almost perfect for once and fit is also perfect.
The coat is lovely and so are the shoes.:flowers:
Her face just looks so good since her pregnancy. I was looking at a grab bag of images and there were a few of her from around the time of her wedding, with her face so drawn-looking.
I hope she realizes how much it suits her.

I love this dress!

Knowing Kate, this is not the only time we will see this dress before the baby is born. I doubt we'll see it much after the baby is born.

Kate looked lovely today. Pregnancy does her good. She is blooming.

I love the coat, and the style of the dress. The pattern, however, gives me a headache.

If you say so. However, that does not preclude alterations, which I am sure the designer or another dressmaker would not refuse to do.

Six o' one, half dozen of the other.

I don't get your post? It is an off the rack dress that anyone can go out and buy. Catherine hasn't worn maternity wear up until now, and by the looks of it didn't today. Alterations can be done to any dress anywhere, Catherine didn't have Erdem custom make her a dress for pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom