The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have so loved for Kate to team this coat with trousers. It is a lovely coat, but without going back to the debate about length, I don't much like her overall appearance today - even her locks look a little "flat".
I was just thinking that same thing. Pants would have been a better choice with this coat. It looks as if there is a dress under the coat, but all in all the coat is too short in my opinion.

Is it fashion at the moment or why did Catherine wear longer coats and skirts wehn she was not yet pregnant? I like such short coats personally but IMHO she should be combining them with trousers - and if these are too tight by now she should wear longer coats.

I know the Sixties are coming back in fashion but she is a pregnant Royal and not in a competition with anybody. IMHO, of course.

Presumably she has decided that being pregnant is no reason to dress matronly. or wear sacks like Victoria of Sweden did.

Here's Tom and Lorenzo's take on today's outfit:

Chatty Cathy Cambridge | Tom & Lorenzo

Warning: don't click on link if profanity offends you!

I'm with them; I think she looks really cute.

Could I suggest/request that we not comment on Catherine's pregnancy shape? Those of us who have been pregnant know that we have no real control over how big our 'bump' or our bottom-or our bust- gets. Enlargement during pregnancy is unavoidable and natural. IMO it is tasteless to critique a pregnant woman's figure. Truly, it is what it is-and it is what it needs to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a dull frock and far too short to be worn without pants or a skirt underneath. And those everlasting boots ... another appearance to forget about quickly.

What a dull frock and far too short to be worn without pants or a skirt underneath. And those everlasting boots ... another appearance to forget about quickly.

I do believe she was well prepared for the wind and had something underneath her dress.

My take: either pair the coat with slacks if worn at that length or drop the hem on the coat if worn with a dress.

I am too- I love the shape of the coat. I also think it makes total sense to wear your favorite comfy boots when you're six months pregnant and it's cold.

Her hair is all over the place today, but it looks windy so that's understandable.

All in all, a cute look, and the endless hemline debate is so far past boring at this point. *yawn*

Is Kate scheduled to appear at any evening engagements over the next few months? It would be lovely to see an evening gown while she is pregnant.

Is Kate scheduled to appear at any evening engagements over the next few months? It would be lovely to see an evening gown while she is pregnant.

No evening events scheduled unless she attends the UAE state dinner on the 30th April.

Is it fashion at the moment or why did Catherine wear longer coats and skirts wehn she was not yet pregnant? I like such short coats personally but IMHO she should be combining them with trousers - and if these are too tight by now she should wear longer coats.

I know the Sixties are coming back in fashion but she is a pregnant Royal and not in a competition with anybody. IMHO, of course.
I am in agreeing with your opinion. The coat was just too short if worn on its own, although paired with trousers, it could have looked great.

Well, Mary, Maxima and Letiza also like wearing short skirts and dresses.

IKR? There is nothing wrong with the length

Presumably she has decided that being pregnant is no reason to dress matronly. or wear sacks like Victoria of Sweden did.

Victoria sacks were about the same length or shorter than what Kate is wearing now

She should do like Letizia and wear length (shorter) https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/460/4222/original.jpg https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/460/4223/original.jpg people will complain either way

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't care for the coat she wore today; it seems clunky and awkward to me. Not at all flattering.

Today's look isn't one of my favourites from Catherine, and I don't particularly like the buttons on her sleeves. However, I do like her boots and the tartan is nice, but I think that the colour of it is a bit dark (although I suppose that brighter colours would look a bit out of place in the cold weather).

I found a couple of galleries on Getty Images about their visit to Scotland:
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=165911717&EditorialProduct=Royalty
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=164821868&EditorialProduct=Royalty

Last edited:
I like the style but I don't like the print of the coat.

Catherine has the figure for this particular length, and she's utilizing it. The coat looks really cute on her, and the boots are probably comfortable and keep her warm. Not a bad choice at all.

I like the tartan itself. Wearing tartan to engagements in Scotland is customary for the British royals ... apparently.

Last edited:
I want to like it...but I just don't. It doesn't look like it fits well, and it's too short. Her long torso makes things look 'off' if they aren't made right...things don't hit her/hang where they should.

LaRae

Unless she buys those tent type clothes which I think peeps on here would criticise, she is going to find, as we all do, that what fitted perfectly yesterday, is not so perfect today, and can't be worn tomorrow. First pregnancy, so it's a learning curve. Have a look at the difference between Diana pregnant with William and then with Harry. Really different - no one would have said knee length white pop socks was a good look the 1st time

Some on here should be a bit more understanding

Me too. I've been reading their site for a long time and they don't hold back from what they really think.

The skirt may be a little short for my tastes, but if I had her legs I'd show them off too. Especially if I were six months pregnant!

...All in all, a cute look, and the endless hemline debate is so far past boring at this point. *yawn*
Totally agree about the hemline debate.

In any event, this would not be on my list of top 10 favorite Kate looks, but she looked fine.

I can honestly say that since she got engaged, I've still not seen her in anything that I truly disliked (or considered inappropriate). I've seen her in outfits that I've loved, outfits I liked and outfits that I've felt 'ho-hum' about, but never in anything I disliked.

Totally agree about the hemline debate.

In any event, this would not be on my list of top 10 favorite Kate looks, but she looked fine.

I can honestly say that since she got engaged, I've still not seen her in anything that I truly disliked (or considered inappropriate). I've seen her in outfits that I've loved, outfits I liked and outfits that I've felt 'ho-hum' about, but never in anything I disliked.

Same. I can't remember ever hating something she's worn or thinking it was inappropriate for the event. There are some outfits I love, some I like, and some I think are meh, but she never looks silly or badly dressed.

Thank G-d there are no pictures of me in my red plaid maternity dress. I hated it so badly at the end that I cut it into bits!

The last two short maternity outfits were very nice. Not this time. This one looks like an oversized plaid shirt sans pants. :ermm:

The last two short maternity outfits were very nice. Not this time. This one looks like an oversized plaid shirt sans pants. :ermm:
I've read that these oversized plaid shirts are popular in Giraffeland. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom