The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying someone should consider a more modest fashion does not mean anyone is calling for Victorian times or burkas or anything else of that nature.

Seriously ladies how far has displaying the wares for all to see gotten you? That is supposed to be great strides for women? Walking around in micro minis and tops with everything on display?

It always cracks me up that women think they have proven something because they can do this...what has it gained you?

LaRae

Last edited:
Kate is wearing this coat that Princess Mary worn in 2006 during her second pregnancy

As for the outfits bein' short or not, for me it depends on the type of clothes, some look nice with knee showing, while others a bit of lengh to cover the knees would be better. It all lies in the clothes, their cut, color and type.
So for my taste, I think this white coat (with black dress) have a nice lengh.

Just saw today's outfit, it is really the same coat as Mary once used, and I really love it!!! I always loved dark blue coats and I like the black sparkly sidelines throughout the coat.
Everything is nice on her, earrings, hair, hat, tights, but there's is one thing that I don't like, is the shoes! She has been wearing them all the time since this year as begun. If she used a more delicate and probably in dark blue color it would be better.
If she could be more innovate with her shoes...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the white coat and dress. However, the dark outfit today is dull and boring. :bang:

Just saw today's outfit, it is really the same coat as Mary once used, and I really love it!!! I always loved dark blue coats and I like the black sparkly sidelines throughout the coat.
Everything is nice on her, earrings, hair, hat, tights, but there's is one thing that I don't like, is the shoes! She has been wearing them all the time since this year as begun. If she used a more delicate and probably in dark blue color it would be better.
If she could be more innovate with her shoes...

Giving up she's pregnant I would assume she opts for the most comfortable shoes, and those may do. I think at some point one just care to be comfy and want to wear shoes that won't hurt feet. Maybe she tried a few different options and those are simply the most comfortable shoes she found?

I've seen Kate wearing quite a bit of different shoes before her pregnancy, that is being more innovate, no?

Yes you have a point there, she probably tried a few before and still feels more comfortable with those black shoes, but when I said more innovate I was refering during pregnancy, not before (I know her shoes pre-pregnancy as I made a collection of pictures of her wardrobe since her engagement to William [posted on the Old fashion Thread]).
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, its just that I would love to see her in a diferent pair of shoes, that's all.

Kate looked nice today. Its a look that works for a princess. Coat has a very nice color which looks good on Kate.

Yes you have a point there, she probably tried a few before and still feels more comfortable with those black shoes, but when I said more innovate I was refering during pregnancy, not before (I know her shoes pre-pregnancy as I made a collection of pictures of her wardrobe since her engagement to William [posted on the Old fashion Thread]).
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, its just that I would love to see her in a diferent pair of shoes, that's all.

Perhaps Catherine is following the Queen's lead on this issue. :whistling:

I'm sure she is wearing what shoes are the most comfortable and she feels the most secure in walking. Her feet may be getting a little larger and maybe the suede shoes have a little more give. I think most pregnant woman try to draw attention to other features when they are pregnant. Many women (especially ones with nice legs) try to show off their legs to look a little less frumpy. i think she has put together a very nice working wardrobe so far.

I do wonder if when she has an event with HM she has her asstistant call over to Angela Kelly to see what color the Queen will be wearing that day. This is their 4th event together and they havent hit the same color yet.

I like today's outfit much more than yesterday's ensemble. :flowers:

I'm sure she is wearing what shoes are the most comfortable and she feels the most secure in walking. Her feet may be getting a little larger and maybe the suede shoes have a little more give. I think most pregnant woman try to draw attention to other features when they are pregnant. Many women (especially ones with nice legs) try to show off their legs to look a little less frumpy. i think she has put together a very nice working wardrobe so far.

I do wonder if when she has an event with HM she has her asstistant call over to Angela Kelly to see what color the Queen will be wearing that day. This is their 4th event together and they havent hit the same color yet.

I was wondering the same thing. :ROFLMAO:

The coat today look like it the same length as the coat from yesterday :whistling:

I'm still quite in love with yesterday's outfit, but today's outfit is lovely, too. Great coat, well accessorized.

I liked yesterday's coat better than today's. All in all, I think she looked lovely on both days.

Has it been confirmed as Malene Birger coat and the same one CP Mary wore?

The hat i think is a repeat from a friends wedding back in January 2011. It is very cute and suits Kate well.

The Duchess looks lovely today. The coat has a great color and style.

I'm sure she is wearing what shoes are the most comfortable and she feels the most secure in walking. Her feet may be getting a little larger and maybe the suede shoes have a little more give...
You are probably right. Remember that almost all pregnant women have a little edema (swelling) in their feet as their body adjusts to the additional demands for blood and amniotic fluid for the baby.

Such swelling is not considered serious, unless her ankles start to swell. No evidence of that so far. :flowers:

Last edited:
Goodness me is it Victorian times! :eek:

I swear some people will not be happy until she takes to wearing Hijab so her hair and the rest of her body will be completely covered. They want to turn a 31 yr old good looking woman with a good body into a senior citizen.

Has it been confirmed as Malene Birger coat and the same one CP Mary wore?

Malene apparently confirmed it wasn't her coat, but it's the same as Mary's 2006 coat. I looked back in Mary threads and couldn't find a confirmation of the coat designer.

Last edited:
I swear some people will not be happy until she takes to wearing Hijab so her hair and the rest of her body will be completely covered. They want to turn a 31 yr old good looking woman with a good body into a senior citizen.

I think some of are getting good use out of our smelling salts, for it seems to have been revealed that both the Queen and the future queen have - and I hesitate even to say this word - ankles. It appears the young Duchess even has KNEES! That would imply that they both possess legs! Everyone, keep your wives and children indoors, and make sure to keep all the furniture covered, for I believe tables might have legs too!

(Sorry, my brain went on a little wander there. I think that Kate looks great, and seems to be looking better all the time. I've liked her style in general all along, though.)

I have trying to work out how come Catherine is wearing in 2013 a coat from a 2006 collection. easy. Mary gave it too her when Catherine and William went to Denmark. dress agency for royals!

I have trying to work out how come Catherine is wearing in 2013 a coat from a 2006 collection. easy. Mary gave it too her when Catherine and William went to Denmark. dress agency for royals!

Why would Mary give Catherine a coat, a woman she barely knows and she's met once?

She's looked great in these 3 appearances.

Why would Mary give Catherine a coat, a woman she barely knows and she's met once?

It doesn't matter how well you know the person, it's a lovely gesture from Mary indeed. What does Mary need her maternity cast offs for?

Sigh another pretty coat that is too short, in the front even shorter than the backside because it isnt proper maternity wear. I am already tired of those short coats with thick tights, I hope its getting warm soon.

Sigh another pretty coat that is too short, in the front even shorter than the backside because it isnt proper maternity wear. I am already tired of those short coats with thick tights, I hope its getting warm soon.

Not going to happen unless Catherine does engagements abroad anytime soon. We're supposed to be cold until at least the end of March.

As for her coat, yesterday I agreed the coat looked short because it wasn't raised from the bump. Today, Catherine looks okay, the dress is above the knee by 2cm, but it doesn't look as short as yesterday. Design is everything I'm learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom