The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the coat and I love those boots!

This is my favorite maternity look from Kate thus far. The colors look great together. Loving that coat.

There are clear signs in some of the pics that the buttons have been moved to enable Kate to feel comfortable in this coat.;)

Duchess kate blog spot

The style coat and color are very pretty and the boots look great, but I look at her bare knees in that rainy weather and I'm shivering!

Its a noce coat but it doesn't fit her well while pregnant, it looks a bit tight and I don't like that look with coats of such a style. Otherwise she looks greta!

Unfortunately, this look does nothing for me. :ermm:

Well, she went to the races not the Oscar's, lol.

The buttons were very poorly moved, as though the alteration was meant to be seen. Not even I would go out of the house with tell-tale signs of where the buttons had been. Very sloppy.

The buttons isn't something I noticed at all. Not a detail I think she cared about and probably said whatever to.

I actually don't see a problem with the adjustments made to the button holes. In fact, I didn't even notice them until it was pointed out here.

It's a cute coat - I've liked it since I saw her wearing it many years ago. And it's good to see her recycling outfits.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the moved buttons and the fact that the fabric was either not properly pressed or pressed at all I noticed right away.
That's because the first thing I noticed is that the coat is still too tight in the bust.
Not ok to be this sloppy if you're going out on a group date.
Agree that such a short coat doesn't seem warm enough either.

Don't like the length of the coat think it too short not flattering IMO and I have never liked this colour on anyone all in all I just don't like it IMO only

:previous:Agree that dusty rose is a very difficult color to wear. Maybe only your avatar, Princess Grace, looked well in it.:)

I like that she recycles her clothes and moves buttons. I dislike the shortness of the coat.
It's not immodest to wear a short coat when you have on thick stockings or tights, it's just not as graceful, in my view. But no one ever dressed like this when I was young, so maybe it's just my antiquity showing. Clothes should come down to the knee unless they are "shorts" worn for sport. But please, Kate, keep recycling, makes you more like us, not that you'll ever be really like us.

I took a couple of closer looks at some photos and saw the indentations where the buttons were originally placed. Those definitely should have been pressed out; it's puzzling that it was overlooked if the alteration was done by a professional tailor.

Last edited:
It's very possible that the indentations were left so that the buttons can be moved back to precisely their original positions after the baby is born. At least, that's what I would do....

Maybe she's had one of those surges in baby gain that can happen and this was a quick solution for what is a private engagement. Saving a nice coat for Sunday!

In the same way that I never comment on royal muffin top, I just can't get into a fuss about button marks.

I love, love, love it that she wore this fun short coat. You go mommy of the ruler to be!

And that smile is a great accessory!

She looked lovely. The cut and color of the coat are very nice. Personally, I would have liked it better if the coat was about 2-3 inches longer.

Another lovely choice by Catherine. I think the coat is great on her, and the alteration marks don't really bother me. If she does indeed change the buttons back to their original spots, I'd venture that the marks left behind will be taken care of. The color goes great with Catherine's complexion, and the dark stockings, boots, hat, gloves, and clutch allow for a really nice contrast. She's looking wonderful overall; healthy, glowing, and definitely happy. Her smile says it all :D.

I think she looks very lovely. I think the color is good for her....and I don't care about the coat having buttons moved. Quite frankly I've thought from the start she's going to continue doing this recycling for years to come if for no other reason to avoid the frenzy Diana experienced.

Boring (which I don't think her clothing is actually) is definately a safe choice.

LaRae

Great coat. Love the style and the color.

Last edited:
Full length view looks really good. Love the boots and I must say they actually go good with the black stockings. I wonder how she keeps her stockings from running. Has she worn that hat before? If so I didn't like it as much as I do now. I think the coat conceals her well and I can't tell she's pregnant.

Full length view looks really good. Love the boots and I must say they actually go good with the black stockings. I wonder how she keeps her stockings from running. Has she worn that hat before? If so I didn't like it as much as I do now. I think the coat conceals her well and I can't tell she's pregnant.

She wore it last year when she was giving out shamrocks, with her green Alexander McQueen coat. I loved it then, but it wasn't the standout feature of the outfit so it wasn't noticed as much.

The What Kate Wore site included a picture of her in the hat at both occasions for comparison: http://whatkatewore.com/2013/03/15/kate-at-cheltenham-another-engagement-on-the-calendar/

Great coat but I dont get the idea to move buttons to make it fit. Given the amount of money Kate spends on fashion it should be ok to buy a pregnancy coat that is a bit longer when only worn with boots. I like the dotted tights, look great with the outfit.

Great coat but I dont get the idea to move buttons to make it fit. Given the amount of money Kate spends on fashion it should be ok to buy a pregnancy coat that is a bit longer when only worn with boots. I like the dotted tights, look great with the outfit.

Well, she's not really big enough to wear true maternity clothes, and she probably doesn't want to spend a fortune on clothing she'll only be able to wear for a very narrow window of time. It actually makes sense to me that she's altering some older pieces in her wardrobe that maybe she won't wear again after her pregnancy rather than buying new stuff that would be discarded before she really gets much wear out of it.

Well, she's not really big enough to wear true maternity clothes, and she probably doesn't want to spend a fortune on clothing she'll only be able to wear for a very narrow window of time. It actually makes sense to me that she's altering some older pieces in her wardrobe that maybe she won't wear again after her pregnancy rather than buying new stuff that would be discarded before she really gets much wear out of it.

And she is straddling seasons. I'm sure she ordered some lighter weight coats for her working wardrobe. But She probably never thought she would need a heavy coat at this stage. And doesn't want to invest in one since she keeps hoping spring will come. I commend her for adapting an older coat from her wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom