The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s true Pranter but still was pretty—great outfits all around!

The Catherine Walker coat is nothing we haven't seen from her before, and I'm rather bored with the style, but I do love the color.

The dress beneath, also Catherine Walker, is beautiful, but does beg for a broach or necklace of some sort. For whatever reason, she definitely favors the shorter hemline while pregnant, and I love it, as it seems more youthful, and feels as though she's dressing more her age.

Kate does wear green well, doesn't she?

Judging from the 'twitter' pic HIDEOUS doesn't begin to describe it. Bad, bad 50's curtains complete with 'dust ruffle'..

Last edited:
The black day outfit with the hat is adorable!
I really loathe all the fur, though, on the green coat. I find it very aging.

Mmm let's face it, that's i call an ugly dress WOW !

Before I can say something about the dress she has to take off the carpet ;)

Awful color imo. The flowers, okay. But the color is a no go.

Mercy...she so rarely gets it wrong like this...that one needs to go back.

LaRae

I (internally) screemed "CURTAINS!!" when I saw the photos.

Some thoughts:

1) Credit to her for trying a colour that she has not worn much publicly before. I actually really like the colour.

2) It is tricky when trying to dress in an evening gown at this stage of the pregnancy. Whilst I personally do not like the high neck, I can see why she tried it.

3 Do wish she had worn some interesting earrings with this evening dress, and perhaps one of the serious diamond bracelets she has.

It's likely cozy and warm, but it is not an attractive dress IMO.

Well the evening dress is certainly different and I do like that she is prepared to do this and keep the fashion thread interesting! But it is too overwhelming with the print and various pleats. The colour doesn't do much for her either. Like the hairstyle though. I thought the earlier two outfits were lovely and she looks so comfortable without being frumpy.

Some thoughts:

3 Do wish she had worn some interesting earrings with this evening dress, and perhaps one of the serious diamond bracelets she has.

I think she is wearing a " serious" bracelet if you zoom in and take a look but the trouble is it's lost amongst the heavy pattern and long sleeve. Do agree that she might have gone for something stronger on the earring front.
I don't think we will be seeing this dress in public again .

That dress needs to go into the rag bag. It is vomit inducing. She usually looks ok but that evening dress suggests that she has no taste. Maybe she has been taking fashion advice from Fergie or one of the York princesses as it is definitely something I can see Beatrice wearing.

Last edited:
I can give her credit to try to explore outside the safe zone fashion-wise. ..
It's clearly a fail tonight, but she can be stunning as well. So better next time !

It looks nice and warm but I don't like the dress at all.

If there was a poll for worst dress worn by Kate..this would be my number 1 pick.

LaRae

Do you know what I simply can’t decide.
I massively applaud her for the choice, it’s something completely different. It’s a good occasion for something so out there as it’s not a state dinner.

The pattern isn’t horrendous but the good does it a disservice, and the extra details on the top are unnecessary.

Its an interesting design but I don't like it on the duchess,nice hairstyle shame about the choice of dress tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom