The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not fond of the look; that embroidery looks sort of cheap. The dress itself seems more suitable for spring than for January.
But she is looking well.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

The pockets under the breast are miss-placed IMO. Plus, the black tights against a navy dress doesn't work.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The pockets under the breast are miss-placed IMO. Plus, the black tights against a navy dress doesn't work.
I totally agree. This look is a total miss IMO. Not only is the embroidery ugly but if you are going to an event for children you don't wear a dress that short. She can't bend over without danger of flashing the kids. I am beginning to think Catherine has secretly joined the Kardashian clan.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Really not liking this look. The embroidery on the dress is quite ugly, and the style doesn't do anything for Catherine. I have a feeling the dark tights were chosen to make sure nothing is seen if she does bend a little too far.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is quiye ugly, maybe it's comfortable.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Really not liking this look. The embroidery on the dress is quite ugly, and the style doesn't do anything for Catherine. I have a feeling the dark tights were chosen to make sure nothing is seen if she does bend a little too far.

I get the need for the tights. I just think that navy tights would have been a choice.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok, this joins the very short list of ugly things Kate has worn! The color! The embroidery! Ghastly!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I get the need for the tights. I just think that navy tights would have been a choice.
I honestly couldn't tell that the dress was navy. Blame my poor eyesight there , but in that case, yes, the tights that were the exact same color as the dress would have done better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Ok, this joins the very short list of ugly things Kate has worn! The color! The embroidery! Ghastly!
'Ghastly' indeed. I'm sorry, but I hope this dress is thrown in the farthest recesses of a closet, like the navy blue one with white collar the Duchess of Cornwall pulls out on some occasions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I like it. I think the patterned tweed adds interest and the fact that the navy material is from a heritage wool company is even better.

I would have preferred navy shoes and tights rather than black but she looked lovely.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I totally agree. This look is a total miss IMO. Not only is the embroidery ugly but if you are going to an event for children you don't wear a dress that short. She can't bend over without danger of flashing the kids. I am beginning to think Catherine has secretly joined the Kardashian clan.
Just WHAT is she going to "flash" with dark opaque tights on????
Old 01-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1330616383.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1330654617.jpg

I agree with most posters, the Madderson London dress is too short, the embroidery is ugly, 450 GBP for this?? Combining a navy dress with black tights, omg.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Horrors!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I gasped at the price too- I wouldn't pay 4 pounds!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge Wears New Label (And Crashes The Website)

The Duchess Of Cambridge Maddersonn London | Fashion | Grazia Daily
Old 01-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with other posters that this is one of the worst outfits Kate has worn. Interesting that it is currently still available to buy when normally anything she wears usually sells out within seconds.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it's that bad but the length could have been longer. Kate looks good though.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

I think this dress is really cute. It has a very 60's Mod vibe to it- right off the Carnaby Street racks.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I have to agree with other posters that this is one of the worst outfits Kate has worn. Interesting that it is currently still available to buy when normally anything she wears usually sells out within seconds.

I agree that it can have to do with it not looking good.. But we have to remember it's maternity wear. Not everyone can wear it
Old 01-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not understanding all the shock and horror at this dress. I liked it's quirk.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post

Tells you something doesn't it?
I'm surprised a website would crash for that outfit!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion