The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

I thought Catherine looked stunning when I saw the news footage - this style of dress and particularly the neck-line suits her really well!

Old 12-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think this is an ideal choice for this stage in her pregnancy and the voluptuous curves are an asset . I am happy with a recycle when we get new jewels.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Royal Highness

This is the best that dress has ever looked on her. The updo has done wonders and the added earrings really lift it
Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Jeans for the basket ball are fine, but are they really appropriate for a reception at the British Counsel General's?
Jeans ..? I thought she she wore skinny trousers.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Glad she choose a recycled dress - this one was perfect cause of the fabric and shape to suit her tiny bump. She doesnt do that many black tie functions and has quite a collection of long dresses so it is good to see her reusing. And by wearing her hair up and changing the jewels is was a totally fresh look for the JP dress
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge wears same dress for the THIRD time | Daily Mail Online

I doubt she will be at another evening event that requires a long formal dress in this pregnancy so it was a wise decision by Kate not to get a pregnancy formal dress commissoned

Old 12-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Gala maternity gowns might not see too many opportunities to be worn again unless they're altered. Over in the NL, Maxima loaned Princess Aime one of her maternity gala gowns for W-A's investiture. Aimee did the same for Princess Viktoria at another event.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I thought that the pink coat and the JP dress were really classy. Easily the best and most suited outfits of the whole trip.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

My opinions on the tour's outfits:

Arrival: Nice outfit and beautiful coat. I just don't like the boots, but that's because I never like ankle boots with skirts or dresses.
Black lace: Seeing the dress in detail, it looks beautiful, nice lace. But there is something there that is off: my guess is that, given that it's a Beulah dress (and thus quite amateurish) the finishing or the cut around her waist are not the best.
Goat coat: I like the coat much more in the model (worn with trousers). In Kate, it's just not working. Not only is it way too short but those white details are hmmm... too big and not elegant at all.
Basketball: Love this outfit. Nice coat, wonderful trousers and nice simple black accessories.
Pink coat: Another nice outfit. I'm not the biggest fan of pink but it's well accessorized with black and has the appropriate lenght.
Gown: Always loved this gown. Curiously, I prefered the first time she wore it. There is something off with her up do this time.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

For the most part, I quite agree with your opinions, julliette! I do not like those booties with dresses AT ALL. I also think that she should have worn the pink coat while seeing the children instead of at the more somber 9/11 ceremony. I like her gown and finally an up-do with all that hair! I think the something "off" with it, is that it is falling down, and seems messy. All and all, I liked her various hair styles.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Better DM pictures
Seraphine Coat
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003478131.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8004414907.jpg

Black lace dress
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003550562.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003760606.jpg

The outfits are ok but nothing special. As usual, hair up would have made a massive difference to the better.
I love the coat! It's very chic and I love the color. That black dress is also very lovely and beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Washington crepe coat | Goat | MATCHESFASHION.COM

I like the applications of the coat, but I am in the camp that is too short and black is just wrong at this event.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8059048631.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8070443469.jpg
I love the black and white outfit. Simple, elegant, sophisticated and timeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Visiting the Memorial of 9/11

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam

I think she looks beautiful the outfit & the hairstyle but this bright pink coat could it be much nicer if she wore it to the children visit & the black & white coat for today event
Beautiful pink coat! I love that shade of pink and the classic and elegant style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The recycled jenny Packham dress looks so much better on this time round with hair pulled up and breathtaking earrings that can be seen properly. This dress sure suits a pregnant women.

Close up ** Back view ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The 9/11 memorial coat is very pretty.
She looks wonderful! That dress is so classic, regal, and beautiful. Simplicity in it's finest. The hair and the jewels are also stunning.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfect dress for jewels and thank you for the hairdo her best yet! She looks so pretty, we can see her smile, dimples and earrings! Love the little lift in the crown too. Don't understand how she can be in her fifth Mitch with her second child and really doesn't look pregnant to me. The dress may have been let out and the waistband is above the natural waist.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Perfect dress for jewels and thank you for the hairdo her best yet! She looks so pretty, we can see her smile, dimples and earrings! Love the little lift in the crown too. Don't understand how she can be in her fifth Mitch with her second child and really doesn't look pregnant to me. The dress may have been let out and the waistband is above the natural waist.
I've been thinking she is in her fourth month but you are right, it is her fifth. Usually women start showing earlier with their second because the abdominal muscles are already stretch out.

I liked this dress the first time and it looks good now. I also love that we can see the earrings.

I enjoy following fashion but I get the impression that Catherine doesn't care about it as much as some of us do. If she did, she would have bought a new maternity gown. Certainly being pregnant gives any women the excuse to buy new clothes.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I've been thinking she is in her fourth month but you are right, it is her fifth. Usually women start showing earlier with their second because the abdominal muscles are already stretch out.

I liked this dress the first time and it looks good now. I also love that we can see the earrings.

I enjoy following fashion but I get the impression that Catherine doesn't care about it as much as some of us do. If she did, she would have bought a new maternity gown. Certainly being pregnant gives any women the excuse to buy new clothes.
Catherine is a very thin and, I think, athletic woman and so that can keep her from showing much. CP Mary didn't really pop with her second pregnancy until around this time/January. I bet by Christmas we'll see Kate put on a bit more weight.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

On Saturday December 13,2014 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attending a friend’s wedding at the Chelsea Old Church in Chelsea, Lindon Kate is rewearing her DVF Zarita dress, that she wore at the Royal Variety Performance.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...2fc52880c60fd7

http://cdn4.independent.ie/incoming/.../458923696.jpg
Old 12-16-2014, 04:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Lovely dress but ruined with her wrap IMO and the hair.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice of HD Stephanie to lend Kate some wraps to keep her warm.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Majesty

Didn't like it.... I guess this boher look doesn nothing for her... Why was she wearing a long dress btw? was she coming out of the party?
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

The wedding seems to have been in the evening, hence a long dress. The dress is nice as we've seen previously but it is too dark for a wedding, IMO. I like the addition of the scarf/pashmina/whatever it is.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Its an evening wedding, Wills is in a tux. Kate is in a evening gown. She probably has limited choices in what fits in stuff she already had. If she wore a bright colored gown she would be blasted for stealing the spotlight from the bride.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Majesty

Well I still don't like it... at all...

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion