The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I love this dress. Those earrings are beautiful, I can't wait to get a better look.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I've liked all 3 of Catherine's "coats" worn during this trip. However, I'm a bit surprised that she didn't wear the bright pink coat yesterday to visit w/the children and the black coat today to the 9-11 Memorial.

Anyone else of that opinion?

Perhaps she thought if she wore a simple classic coat in B&W at an engagement happening around the same time as William's speech, there wouldn't be as much attention on the clothes and instead where it should be? It was the first thing that I thought of when I finally saw the pictures last night. (I was gone this weekend and staying at a cousin's that doesn't have a computer, so...)

Just putting that out there.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Nice Gown The Duchess is wearing tonight.

US Weekly said on twitter hey wish she wouldn't dress so "Prim and Proper"

Yeah I guess She should dress like Kim Kardashian.... Give me a break U.S Weekly!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

An updo and major bling on her ears and wrist! More than compensates for a re-run dress (which is beautiful, by the way!)
Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked beautiful tonight.
Best of Tour- the pink ensemble in my opinion.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I disliked what she wore for the NBA game.
Love today's outfit.
That bright pink is divine and she rocks it!
My only ? - why didn't she wear the pink ensemble yesterday, and the black today? Would have been more event - appropriate , IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Totally agree with you, I think the event today demanded sombre colours out of respect for the victims and the bright pink would have been much more jolly for visiting children. It seems obvious but obviously not for Kate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes I think the pink coat might have been a better choice for the previous engagement, but at least we get to see a brighter colour on this trip. This is my favourite of her outfits so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Honestly I am taken aback by these choices... All new and not particularly striking outfits IMO... I don't know why she chosed to ewear such a bright color for the memorial while she dressed in black for more cheerful events... Can't undertstand that at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
You do not measure "respect for victims" by the colour of people's clothes. Millions of people come to this memorial and they wear colour - no one thinks less of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I've noticed that even family members of the victims don't wear black when they visit. Life goes on after tragedy.
Catherine has definitely dressed to please herself this tour and my only thoughts as to the pink coat at the 9/11 Memorial is that it was longer and could therefore be considered more sedate. To be honest, I think she would have been better in a more subdued colour because like it or not she is visiting a Memorial on behalf of HM and her government. Had it been a personal visit then the pink would have been spot on.

How I wish she had worn the pink for the children and lots of colour for every other engagement of this visit although I have to admit that I loved seeing her wearing her ink blue Jenny Packham gown and with such stunning jewellery. Her really elegant updo was a welcome bonus.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

Here's the Queen visiting ground zero in 2010. She is dressed in a bright floral outfit. Not really somber in color.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ound-Zero.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here's Camilla at Ground Zero wearing a pink suit.

Royal Visit: Ground Zero - Photo 1 - Pictures - CBS News

I've noticed that even when the Queen is visiting memorials, she'll often wear bright colors. So I doubt she had a problem with Kate's pink coat.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

The duchess owned her look and appeared to own the room tonight! Talk about having a look in which you hold court. Consider my socks knocked off.

And she can keep re wearing that navy gown. It's regal. She's regal in it.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree AdmirerUS she looks very elegant and queenly in that dress.

LaRae
Old 12-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Eliza Doolittle... eat your heart out. You have competition.

See my post in the jewelry thread.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks, Skippyboo and soapstar for putting that little meme to rest.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
The dresses a bit on the short side
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/...09513149_o.jpg
I just have to say it: I think this coat is very nice, but in that kind of cold it's meant to have a pair of dress pants at least, or something to complement it on the legs (beyond tights). It just is. (Would this have looked better with boots and a skirt meeting those boot tops?)

EDIT: I have changed my mind about the coat. I think Al_bina said it: not well designed. I agree on closer inspection. The back (what is it) belt? makes no sense. So a double strike: too short for the weather and place and meh when it comes to the styling.

Tights don't keep one warm enough in those kind of temperatures. So for me it's not a question of whether the coat is too short. Rather, she is not dressed normally for the weather, and that makes it look odd. She is being ill-advised, I think, or is not thinking through what she's wearing in another country under very different temperatures. Just some thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Visiting the Memorial of 9/11

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam
The pink coat at the memorial is an excellent length to keep warm in imo. She doesn't look so out-of-place with that coat's length either.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

The Daily Mail had an article about tonight's dress showing the earlier outings at KP and at the NPG. Both previous times, Kate's hair was down and this time is up and makes a world of difference.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The recycled jenny Packham dress looks so much better on this time round with hair pulled up and breathtaking earrings that can be seen properly. This dress sure suits a pregnant women.

Close up ** Back view ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The 9/11 memorial coat is very pretty.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The recycled jenny Packham dress looks so much better on this time round with hair pulled up and breathtaking earrings that can be seen properly. This dress sure suits a pregnant women.

Am I seeing things or are her nylons....

wait for it....

black lace looking?

ETA blew the photo up and its not. the gossamer part of the dress made it appear that way to me at first.

Nevermind
Old 12-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Majesty

I didn't expect this dress but yeah, she definetely look better with more weight on and her hair up...
Old 12-10-2014, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Hair looks stunning up! But I know recycling is the "in" thing with royals but would it harm them to show up something new?! I'm desperate for a new dress here.

The pink mulberry is expensive for a coat, Mulberry whilst being a british brand has hiked it's prices up an enormous amount and most of their stuff is totally unafforadable without a bank loan!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

Maybe because a maternity gown maybe just a one time wear, she didn't want to spend the money on it since this one still fit. The coats can be worn again. I don't remember a true evening gown being worn in the later half of her carrying George. Anybody recall one? I remember a baby blue cocktail one to the NHM or NPG.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Majesty

This dress fitted her prefectly with her new curves... Loved the updo!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion